News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

That sound you all just heard was me whooping for joy. This is awesome! 😀😃😄

So the big question now is: which of the three versions to get? That Deluxe version looks marvellous, but I'd like to see the other two before any final decision, especially the swimming one. And to be honest, both my wallet and my display shelf could probably use a little relief!

Now if only Papo heeds my request for a Crushed Mapusaurus for 2016!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

John

Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2015, 10:24:56 PM
So while Carnegie is still manufacturing an Apatosaurus from the 1980 here we have CollectA releasing a reconstruction within a year of its announcement. Progressive indeed!

Although I have higher priorities regarding the upcoming CollectA models I do quite like this one and will need to get it down the line. If nothing else it will serve as a great display piece with other outdated reconstructions of Spinosaurs. Whether it is accurate or not.
Actually,the Carnegie just discontinued that particular Apatosaurus and it's baby this year.And I noticed the text on the bottom side of the 2015 Velociraptor mistakenly has 1:50 on it rather than 1:10 as it should.Could this have been a scaling mix up with what's next for the Carnegie line,perhaps a new 1:50 scale Apatosaurus for 2016???
But still as to the subject at hand,one of my childhood favorites,Spinosaurus gets three updated models this time around!!!
I wonder what the two smaller ones will be like? :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 07, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:41:41 PM
New Spinosaurus to be released by CollectA in 2015! Check out Everything Dinosaur's page!

I'm glad I waited before blogging about CollectA's new releases for this year ;)

lol is this the last of them I wonder?

Therizinosaur

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 07, 2015, 11:51:56 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 07, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:41:41 PM
New Spinosaurus to be released by CollectA in 2015! Check out Everything Dinosaur's page!

I'm glad I waited before blogging about CollectA's new releases for this year ;)

lol is this the last of them I wonder?

I hope they surprise us with one more mammal! *fingers crossed*

I'm still on the fence with the new reconstruction of Spinosaurus, but I love this figure regardless. I'm sure I'll buy all three. :3

tanystropheus

Well, they are brave for sure...

Saurian

feathered T- Rex will be available in the spring? :)
Soory,my English is poor

Gwangi

Quote from: John on January 07, 2015, 11:10:11 PM
Actually,the Carnegie just discontinued that particular Apatosaurus and it's baby this year.And I noticed the text on the bottom side of the 2015 Velociraptor mistakenly has 1:50 on it rather than 1:10 as it should.Could this have been a scaling mix up with what's next for the Carnegie line,perhaps a new 1:50 scale Apatosaurus for 2016???
But still as to the subject at hand,one of my childhood favorites,Spinosaurus gets three updated models this time around!!!

Well I guess you're technically correct but I think my point is still valid.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2015, 12:35:08 AM

Look at it this way,think about how lucky we are that there are even enough lines of dinosaur models out there to compare to each other like this. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

Quote from: John on January 08, 2015, 01:48:22 AM

Look at it this way,think about how lucky we are that there are even enough lines of dinosaur models out there to compare to each other like this. :)

Oh I agree with you there! Just taking an easy jab at Carnegie.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2015, 02:03:00 AM

You aren't going to like which line still remains my favorite one of them all... ;D
But still,the more lines out there to give them a run for their money the better. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: John on January 08, 2015, 02:06:48 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2015, 02:03:00 AM

You aren't going to like which line still remains my favorite one of them all... ;D
But still,the more lines out there to give them a run for their money the better. :)

Well I still like Carnegie, and still collect them. I'm just not happy with their offerings the last few years.  :P

ItsTwentyBelow

Good show, CollectA!

I personally very much like this for a few reasons.

After looking at the new concept for Spinosaurus and comparing it to early whales like Ambulocetus, all these really weird changes in morphology become more believable. I like to think now that maybe Spinosaurids were the closest group of dinosaurs to go back to the sea, maybe eventually like dino-whales if the K-T extinction had never occurred. Awesome!

Also, I think I'll get the deluxe version of this sculpt partly because, if there are some major near-future revelations about Spinosaurus and we are treated with a slew of new "more accurate" models, this one will remain as an artifact of a brief time when this was a well-accepted reconstruction of the animal.  8)

Federreptil

I can`t wait for this new Spinosaurus. Hope no scale means not just a little one. And I hope that the stand on the right foreleg is only not clear visibly, because I estimated not a flat claw but a stand on the curved fingers like the left hand in the foreground.

triceratops83

Big applause for Collecta! You'd think a museum would get on board and get Collecta to do an exclusive line for them - they really stand out as the company who goes in for accuracy and up to date palaeontological information, as well as aesthetically crafted sculpts. Bravo.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

no scale probably means Icthyovenator sized I would think. 

I'm actually thinking they are doing better sans a museum..if they had one it would mean yet another middle man to check approve things. Why do that when you have a paleontologist on staff?

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 08, 2015, 09:18:13 AM
I'm actually thinking they are doing better sans a museum..if they had one it would mean yet another middle man to check approve things. Why do that when you have a paleontologist on staff?

Yeah, you're right. I would just like to see Collecta get recognised for their efforts somehow...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Brontozaurus

I was impressed that they got a new Spinosaurus released so fast, and then I read that they're making three!

The Deluxe looks fine, but I'm going to wait until the other two come out. A swimming Spinosaurus sounds very unique, and I'd love to see their take on that.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Chad

This is great stuff. It's the kind of thing I imagine I would do if I owned a toy company. And, since Collecta seems to be taking requests, unleash the crocodylomorphs on us, please.

Dinomike

CollectA has really proven to be a very flexible company! their new Spinosaurus makes me really happy and will no doubt get all three of them!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DC

This looks like the Serano Spinosaurus reconstruction more than anything I have seen.  It is a controversial and new reconstruction but CollectA has captured it very well.  I hope this does not generate tirades about the reconstruction.  That discussion should be a different thread.  I cannot believe CollectA was able to turn around the figure design so fast that is also impressive.  I would not have expected this until 2016.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: