News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petebuster1

Quote from: Dobber on January 10, 2015, 07:16:18 PM
I just got several figures in the mail including this Tyrannosaurus (also got the The large Sega Dino King Tyrannosaurus, Kaiyodo Yutyrannus,  classic Rex, and The special edition Feathered Rex...all awesome but sooo small!) Nothing really new to add that hasn't been said already. About the Rebor.  I think it is beautiful! The paint and finish are gorgeous, I LOVE the coloring of this piece. I do also agree with what others have said, that this is in some ways a missed opportunity for Rebor...to set themselves apart. I'm 39 years old and have been a life long fan of this dinosaur. I have been able to see many different incarnations of them (looking forward to CollectA's theoretical feathered Rex Lin a few months....so I'm no particular fan of the JP Rex nor am I against it either.  It seems as though there is a whole generation of new dinosaur-files that where born from that movie and thus are attached to that design esthetic. It's just that there are so many replicas emulating it that it would have been nice to see something a little more...different or "scientific". I obviously don't dislike the JP rex design as I bought this and already have a Papo, but I think Rebor has the talent and could've really done something special with their talent.

At any rate, it is a GORGEOUS replica and a welcome addition to my growing collection. Good job Rebor, I hope to see more great replicas in the future. One nit picky thing I did notice, though, is I CAN see seems on my model, 1 extending behind the thigh to the base of the tail, another running the length of the underside of the tail, and another around the bottom of the left foot. I only mention this as it was advertised as seamless and others have said it as well...really no big deal to me.

Finally, after reading all the Rebor threads, and not wanting to stir up more crap, but, maybe instead of phrasing it as a "museum" quality replica and maybe instead use "High" Quality, they may be able to avoid some of the critisism that they have received. Just a thought.  ;)

Chris

I agree with your comments, i will only add that as i've said before they've only produced 2 with a lot more in the pipeline so lets see if they can change the mould with future models and see if we get something different. I would have preferred a non jp rex but its still very appealing.

Arul

Megalosaurus

I've just received my REBOR King.
It is pretty good. I'm prefering it over Safari, Papo, even over Battat. Pretty good job there REBOR.

I have only 2 complains now:
First is that I'm unable to open its mouth. I tried even with my fingernails but was in vain. Any advice?
Second, the base doesn't fit the way it was intended. I can't pose it like in the official photos. The only way it stands is if reversing the base. 
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

No idea about the base..but the mouth has been notoriously hard to open on these from what I've read. Maybe they are closed before the paint dries?  People have managed to get them open though..I wouldn't use my nail though..maybe something with a soft tip that is strong and can be levered? Would heat loosen it up?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2015, 12:14:27 AM
No idea about the base..but the mouth has been notoriously hard to open on these from what I've read. Maybe they are closed before the paint dries?  People have managed to get them open though..I wouldn't use my nail though..maybe something with a soft tip that is strong and can be levered? Would heat loosen it up?

Everything Dinosaur did the hot water trick on a Papo Dilophosaurus with the same problem.   Perhaps a Hairdryer could work

Dobber

Yeah, mine was very hard to open the first time too. I think I used a spoon and just worked it a bit on each side of the mouth...a little at a time. Once you get it open the first time it starts to get easier and loosen up.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2015, 02:53:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2015, 12:14:27 AM

Everything Dinosaur did the hot water trick on a Papo Dilophosaurus with the same problem.   Perhaps a Hairdryer could work

Hairdryer is a great substitute for water..less messy too. If it was exceptionally difficult a heat gun might also work.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I got mine to open after some coaxing and by pinching the lower jaw. It opened without using tools or any heat source.

bruno

bruno

apart from sideshow or expensive resin kits it's best out there an accurate depiction would have been even better, the paintwork is comparable with sideshow so let's hope they do an accurate version in the future

tanystropheus

Quote from: bruno on March 28, 2015, 10:41:14 AM
apart from sideshow or expensive resin kits it's best out there an accurate depiction would have been even better, the paintwork is comparable with sideshow so let's hope they do an accurate version in the future

REBOR could always release a 'scientifically accurate' version of T-rex and give it a nickname like...say, "Sue" or "Stan" or "Jane". The same way they labeled the baby Trike, "Jolly" and the Acro is given the nickname, "Hercules".

tanystropheus

I also hope there is a new base (hopefully, sold separately) for the King T-rex as my model is beginning to show some signs of toppling over.

Arul

Rebor acro puzzle complete, in my opinion this figure is still the best of other rebor figure  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on March 30, 2015, 10:11:49 AM
Rebor acro puzzle complete, in my opinion this figure is still the best of other rebor figure  :)

Yup, they uploaded the entire image on the REBOR Facebook page! It looks even more impressive than the Ceratosaurus and we haven't even seen the base! They've come a long way since the introduction of the Y-rex.

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 31, 2015, 08:58:07 AM
Quote from: ARUL on March 30, 2015, 10:11:49 AM

Yup, they uploaded the entire image on the REBOR Facebook page! It looks even more impressive than the Ceratosaurus and we haven't even seen the base! They've come a long way since the introduction of the Y-rex.

Yeah the ceratosaurus....for the diorama base i think from the crratosaurus is the best until now :D

joossa

Just added him to my shelf and looks great. He is a bit wobbly... Does anyone know if the CollectA dead Triceratops or Stegosaurus fit nicely under the Rex's raised foot?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Parasaurolophus papo or collecta dead trike is good, but i think collecta dead trike is to small for rebor trex..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on March 31, 2015, 08:34:43 PM
Just added him to my shelf and looks great. He is a bit wobbly... Does anyone know if the CollectA dead Triceratops or Stegosaurus fit nicely under the Rex's raised foot?

You might consider the older Carnegie or Great Dinos Triceratops on it's side.  I'm not sure either would be super stable though.

joossa

Thanks guys... Going to stick to it's base for now. I found a better positioning for it that's much more stable.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Wait i just noticed, papo vraptor v1 ??  :o great collection !! Haha

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: