News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Arul

Viking Spawn

And lastly (for now), this is my online gallery for my favorite dinosaur of all time.  Forever the "true" King of the dinosaurs in my book.   ;)

Full online gallery can be found here!  Enjoy everyone!   :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/TYRANNOSAURUSREXKINGTREX#

Arul

stargatedalek

Is it just me or does that rock look like a different paint app?

joossa

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 19, 2015, 06:00:30 PM
Is it just me or does that rock look like a different paint app?
Hmm... Looks pretty similar to mine:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Thanks ARUL.  :)

As for the rock... As far as I know, the paint is the same.  At least I'm not aware of any variants.   ???

Here's a closer look of mine....

Victoria's Cantina

Nice photos. Mine's coming in from BBTS on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on July 20, 2015, 03:27:05 AM
Nice photos. Mine's coming in from BBTS on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Thank you Victoria. 

I purchased all of mine from the BBTS.  Highly recommended store.  I've been buying from them for several years and never a bad experience. 

Victoria's Cantina

Hey everyone,

I just received my King T-Rex in the mail, and while it's a stunning piece, it looks to my eye that there may be some minor paint flaws on the right side of its face on and around the eye ridge. The paint on the back of the lower left leg also looks a little bit off. I was wondering what you guys think.

Also, how in the HECK do you get the mouth to open? I can't get it to budge.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like it has a few paint rubs..overall not bad. That one tooth is more odd..looks very blobular. :/

The mouth is a classic issue with this piece.  There were a few ways of opening it if you read back near the first posts I think. Most just forced it open f I recall..I believe the paint sticks is what causes it..guys?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 23, 2015, 03:30:50 AM
Looks like it has a few paint rubs..overall not bad. That one tooth is more odd..looks very blobular. :/

The mouth is a classic issue with this piece.  There were a few ways of opening it if you read back near the first posts I think. Most just forced it open f I recall..I believe the paint sticks is what causes it..guys?

I pried and pried on the mouth until it finally opened.

Oh man... I hadn't even noticed that about the tooth! I just checked it and it looks like the mouth was closed on that tooth from the factory. What a bummer. It seems like it bends a little bit. Do you think I can straighten it out all the way if I leave the jaw closed for a while?

Takama

If i shelled out the cash and received That I be furious.    Seriously Rebor?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on July 23, 2015, 03:51:48 AM

Oh man... I hadn't even noticed that about the tooth! I just checked it and it looks like the mouth was closed on that tooth from the factory. What a bummer. It seems like it bends a little bit. Do you think I can straighten it out all the way if I leave the jaw closed for a while?

I think it was mentioned that if you work the jaw a bit it loosens up so it's much easier to open and close.

I didn't know the teeth were that flexible?  ???  It might I'm not really sure.

If it's not a huge inconvenience you might consider returning it for a better one. I haven't seen that many defects on a single piece posted here before.

Arul

Mass production should not degrade the quality control rebor  :D yeah even 100% perfect form in each model from mass production is impossible...

Victoria's Cantina

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really *want* to go thru the hassle of exchanging it. But, I DID pay $65 for it plus shipping. And there's always the risk that the new one will be in worse shape than this one. I think BBTS makes you send your defective one back first, so there wouldn't be a way to compare the two of them before sending the bad one back.

Here are a couple photos of the tooth. It seems somewhat flexible, but it still looks a bit strange.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hate exchanging stuff myself..maybe they could open one and check it for you or at least give you a discount on a future purchase..hard to say.

if the tooth is all that really bothers you, take a hair dryer on low first and warm it up. it should get pretty flexible , then close the mouth and let it sit for awhile, few hours/over night and it should be fine...I think.

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 23, 2015, 04:46:11 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on July 23, 2015, 03:51:48 AM

I think it was mentioned that if you work the jaw a bit it loosens up so it's much easier to open and close.

I didn't know the teeth were that flexible?  ???  It might I'm not really sure.

If it's not a huge inconvenience you might consider returning it for a better one. I haven't seen that many defects on a single piece posted here before.

Interestingly, the teeth are somewhat flexible.

I agree. You paid a good amount of money and should not settle for what you got. I haven't read anyone reporting they got anything as bad as yours. Mine came with a very small paint rub on one of the little dorsal spines.

Just took some pictures of mine so you can see for comparison:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: joossa on July 23, 2015, 05:34:29 AMInterestingly, the teeth are somewhat flexible.

I agree. You paid a good amount of money and should not settle for what you got. I haven't read anyone reporting they got anything as bad as yours. Mine came with a very small paint rub on one of the little dorsal spines.

Thank you for kindly posting those photos for me. It does indeed seem that I got a somewhat inferior piece to anything else I've seen in others' photos or video reviews on YouTube. I've gone ahead and emailed BBTS and included my photos for them to see. Hopefully they will allow me to exchange it. It'll be the second Rebor dino I have to send back to them after the Utahraptor because of issues. :( I don't want to give up on them because I love their designs and absolutely love the look of this T-Rex (I even have the Ceratosaurus on its way to me right now). But, I gotta say it's a little disappointing to have to send back two dinos in a row.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: