News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria's Cantina

I don't think it's the bent tooth. I sent my last one back partly for that reason and its mouth opened and closed just fine. I tried opening it as far as I could while being careful not to break it and it still won't stay open. My Ceratosaurus is exactly the same way as well. If it worked for you though with your dinos to do that perhaps I'll need to play around with it some more.

Victoria's Cantina

So... since we don't want things to get boring, how about another possible issue with the King? It seems I can't get his left foot to sit flush on the surface. I've tried positioning the rock differently but it doesn't seem to help. He stands best when it is positioned this way. Any ideas? I don't think there's much I can do to fix this.

Arul

Oh wow that lighting in the photo make the king looks beautiful  :) cerato have the same problem, maybe it can solve with the same way like cerato issue ? Hairdryer and cold water trick. Its working on cerato some of member success doing that

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Dobber

May I ask, did you do something to the lower left leg? It looks like it is wearing a dark sock or leg warmer.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Fluffysaurus

No it was like that when i got him, i think its kinda cool. But when i take it our of its place it looks little lighter.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Dilopho

So, today I managed to get a hold of a Papo running T. rex figure. I absolutely adore it (It's my 3rd papo figure) but the head doesn't seem right.
I wonder if someone could remodel the head to be like the REBOR T. rex?
I think REBOR should team up with Papo. REBOR has accuracy (not counting the Y-rex feathers. Apart from that, the Y-rex was really cool.), Papo has excellent detail (and affordable price.)

Dobber

Quote from: Troodon on August 15, 2015, 04:10:39 PM
No it was like that when i got him, i think its kinda cool. But when i take it our of its place it looks little lighter.

Ah, Sounds like someone forgot to remove the wash once it was applied to the model.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on August 15, 2015, 08:38:52 AM
So... since we don't want things to get boring, how about another possible issue with the King? It seems I can't get his left foot to sit flush on the surface. I've tried positioning the rock differently but it doesn't seem to help. He stands best when it is positioned this way. Any ideas? I don't think there's much I can do to fix this.

Hey, you got the jaw to open! I think you have to slide the rock, perhaps rotate it 15 degrees and do some voodoo magic to get that thing to stay balanced, and even then it topples over after a few hours or days. I'm just going to wait for the Triceratops.

Viking Spawn

I hope someday that Rebor issues a new sculpt of their King Trex that will stand on its own without needing a support from a stand.  Papo has two different sculpts.... I'm hoping Rebor will too.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 16, 2015, 09:28:39 PMHey, you got the jaw to open! I think you have to slide the rock, perhaps rotate it 15 degrees and do some voodoo magic to get that thing to stay balanced, and even then it topples over after a few hours or days. I'm just going to wait for the Triceratops.

I did! I got frustrated and just pulled it really hard and it seems to be holding for now. It hasn't toppled over yet, though when I first set it up on the shelf it did after about an hour. No damage luckily as I placed some bubble wrap around it. Hopefully it stays standing and the mouth stays open. I'm not even going to touch it for now. Hopefully Rebor comes out with that trike base sooner rather than later.

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 16, 2015, 09:32:05 PM
I hope someday that Rebor issues a new sculpt of their King Trex that will stand on its own without needing a support from a stand.  Papo has two different sculpts.... I'm hoping Rebor will too.

Well, if that Queen T-Rex rumor someone mentioned the other day is to be believed, hopefully we will get something like that.

Viking Spawn

joossa

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 17, 2015, 12:23:07 AM
Queen Trex?  I missed that one?  I hope it's a true rumor?
I wouldn't even call it a rumor since, as far as I know, Rebor hasn't mentioned a queen Rex. All this is coming from someone on here who mentioned a post of Rebor's on their FB page which referred to Sue the T-Rex's anniversary. The member said it would be cool if Rebor, to celebrate Sue's anniversary, would do an accurate female queen Rex. So not much of a rumor there...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Victoria's Cantina

Yeah, major bummer. I must've misread it. From what I recall they sounded pretty confident about it. Perhaps it was just the way it was worded.

utd7

I am not understanding what the major bummer is here. Someone here please enlighten me.

By the way the pics here make the King T-Rex look super cool and are making more interested in this figure. I will wait for the Acro to be released then I will think of adding this beast to the REBOR family.
We live in a Jurassic World

joossa

Quote from: utd7 on August 17, 2015, 10:47:45 AM
I am not understanding what the major bummer is here. Someone here please enlighten me.

For their King Rex, Rebor went with a Jurassic Park- influenced design as nod/tribute to JP. However, the model has received criticism due to lack of scientific accuracy. If you take a model like their Ceratosaurus, it's pretty clear Rebor is more than capable of making a scientifically accurate Rex. Since Rebor has made the King Rex and have announced the Prince Rex (for their Club Selection Line), a scientifically accurate 'Queen Rex" would probably very welcomed by many. As stated above, though, Rebor has not confirmed or hinted at a Queen Rex, let alone a scientifically accurate Queen Rex. Hence, the major bummer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted it, though...  :D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: joossa on August 17, 2015, 05:34:09 PM
For their King Rex, Rebor went with a Jurassic Park- influenced design as nod/tribute to JP. However, the model has received criticism due to lack of scientific accuracy.
What's wrong with the JP influence? The head is slightly boxier than a real Tyrannosaur, however it's still a beautiful, and fairly accurate figure. It's also constantly sold out so I can't be the only one who feels this way.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

stargatedalek

There a number of ways that its inaccurate, the head is just the most obvious of many. Unless "fairly accurate" means "generally the same shape" I disagree.

The problem isn't that they made a Jurassic park influenced figure, the problem is that they marketed it as scientifically accurate. Their choice to market it deceitfully made many people very angry, especially coupled with their Yutyrannus which suffers from the same deceitful marketing.

It's also just not the kind of thing most people here are interested in. This is the Dinosaur TOY Forum after all! The REBOR Tyrannosaurus can't stand on it's own, it requires a specialty base. Its inability to stand on its own coupled with its high price tag is more than enough to turn many people away from it, regardless of how they feel (or felt when the Tyrannosaurus was released) about the company. No matter how you slice it the REBOR Tyrannosaurus is a toy trying to be a statue, and it doesn't have all the best traits of either.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: