News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World lego

Started by Takama, November 15, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Pictures of the lego dinosaurs that tie in with the movie have been released.   Could this be the Creature we were all dreading?

CityRaptor

Looks like a Giganotosaurus...an evil arctic Giganotosaurus! Not sure if 3 or 4 fingers, but it seems to have a grasping hand.

Edit: Just saw another pic: It has 4 fingers and grasping hands.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

That's definitely the new creature. The other leaked lego photos show versions of Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, and ?Compsognathus.

Sim

Here are the other leaked photos I was able to find: http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-jurassic-world-2015-leaked-dinosaurs-images/

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 16, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
That's definitely the new creature. The other leaked lego photos show versions of Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, and ?Compsognathus.
The 3 you named have all been made by Lego in the past with different colours and eye detail.  The last one was Coelophysis, so I'm guessing that's what it is in this set too.  Previous versions of it can be seen here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Coelophysis

stargatedalek

it also matches some recent concept art, so I'd say thats probably the real thing

Roselaar

Even though they are repaints, I love the new colour schemes. The D-Rex looks quite awesome, gives me better hope for its actual movie appearance.

Sim

The eyes are much better on these Jurassic World Lego dinosaurs than their predecessors!

Pachyrhinosaurus

The white coloration may be a nod to the carnotaurs in The Lost World. I am super-hyped now to see the 'real' creature.  ^-^
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

The rest being repaints makes sense. The Lego Dinosaurs were already pretty much Lego Versions of Jurassic Park Dinosaurs to begin with.

And seriously, that guy in the link can't tell which Dinosaur is which?
Oh no

suspsy

Meh. The colour schemes are nice, but I already own most of the Lego Dino sets. And I really have no faith whatsoever in this film.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

irimali

Aside from the thumbs it's not a very interesting theropod.  I was at least hoping for therizinosaur claws.  Or ceratopsian horns.  Or some kind of pterosaur winged dragon thing.  Or a Utahraptor sized flying dromaeosaur.  This generic carnosaur is such a waste of potential.

I suppose we'll get to see it chasing Chris Pratt on his motorcycle through some kind of obstacle course, perhaps a construction site?  And he'll go up a convenient ramp and jump over a big ditch or something thinking the dinosaur won't be able to chase him but it'll totally do a sweet jump over the ditch and the chase will continue.

Takama

Quote from: irimali on November 18, 2014, 12:59:53 AM
Aside from the thumbs it's not a very interesting theropod.  I was at least hoping for therizinosaur claws.  Or ceratopsian horns.  Or some kind of pterosaur winged dragon thing.  Or a Utahraptor sized flying dromaeosaur.  This generic carnosaur is such a waste of potential.

I suppose we'll get to see it chasing Chris Pratt on his motorcycle through some kind of obstacle course, perhaps a construction site?  And he'll go up a convenient ramp and jump over a big ditch or something thinking the dinosaur won't be able to chase him but it'll totally do a sweet jump over the ditch and the chase will continue.

Im actually glad this thing dose not have any weird features like wings and horns.   Makes the movie monster seem more believable to me.  Of course this is just a toy, and it could do something ridiculous in the actual movie

irimali

I figure the movie is going to lose credibility some other way anyway (naked raptors with pronated wrists perhaps?)  I'd rather see a Jurassic Park movie that doesn't take itself seriously than one that tries to but doesn't pull it off.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 16, 2014, 10:44:22 AM
Looks like a Giganotosaurus...an evil arctic Giganotosaurus! Not sure if 3 or 4 fingers, but it seems to have a grasping hand.

Edit: Just saw another pic: It has 4 fingers and grasping hands.

Apparently is called D-rex

CityRaptor

Yes I know that. Still looks like a Giganotosaurus.
Oh no

kreativtek

Oh, the D-rex. Judging by the looks of the Lego figure, it will not be as bad as I was afraid. I like its colour scheme and sharp, geometrical lines of the sculpture. I was afraid the makers would experiment with genetic crossovers like they did in JP: Chaos Effect toyline. We all how it turned out for them, which is why I am really glad the D-rex will (supposedly) be just a bigger and stronger T-rex. Also, white-painted body suggests that the animal may indeed be able to change the colour of its skin in "Jurassic World".

As other figures, they're pretty neat. I look forward to seeing the whole sets, along with humans and vehicles.

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

Yup, that's the Indominus Rex. It's skin will be interesting in the film, with a slightly translucent effect. I'm looking forward to see it.

Also, while those Raptor molds are reused, those colors are fairly indicative of the Raptor packs individuality in the film.

stargatedalek

Quote from: irimali on November 18, 2014, 02:11:59 AM
I figure the movie is going to lose credibility some other way anyway (naked raptors with pronated wrists perhaps?)  I'd rather see a Jurassic Park movie that doesn't take itself seriously than one that tries to but doesn't pull it off.
I can't agree more

I like that JP is embracing the mutant chimera side to their animals
I say go with realism or fantasy, if you dwell in the middle you only manage to confuse the general public and spread incorrect myths about dinosaurs

LophoLeeVT

there iiis also a new lego dilophosasurus
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 19, 2014, 01:53:20 AM
Quote from: irimali on November 18, 2014, 02:11:59 AM
I can't agree more

I like that JP is embracing the mutant chimera side to their animals
I say go with realism or fantasy, if you dwell in the middle you only manage to confuse the general public and spread incorrect myths about dinosaurs
We already have the general media for that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: