You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Free Dinosaur Class from the Universty of Alberta

Started by Chad, November 19, 2014, 02:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

In case anyone's interested I just ran across this and it looks pretty great. I'm definitely going to sign up for the next session. I may never be a paleontologist  but I can say I've "studied" under Phil Currie...

http://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/dino101

(Apologies is this has been mentioned before.)

Arul

This is great, in indonesia there is no formal goverment/non goverment institute that studying about paleo . Most of all study about paleo by autodidact...reading ebook, text book, journal, wacthing natgeo, etc  :D

SBell

Quote from: Chad on November 19, 2014, 02:00:14 PM
In case anyone's interested I just ran across this and it looks pretty great. I'm definitely going to sign up for the next session. I may never be a paleontologist  but I can say I've "studied" under Phil Currie...

http://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/dino101

(Apologies is this has been mentioned before.)

It'll be his grad students. I don't know how he finds the time to just work on the projects he has ongoing as it is. But even if he only does a few lectures he's a pretty interesting speaker. Especially for free!

Chad

Yeah, Currie is just "curating" and it's only online so it's not like your getting any personal instruction even from the grad students. Still,  I think it'll be useful to give some structure to what I know about dinosaurs since, like most of us here, I've learned what I've learned haphazardly by reading books and going to museums. I'm looking forward to, maybe, giving the cluttered knowledge in my head some focus and, hopefully, filling in some gaps of knowledge. Also, once you get past this course, you can enroll in more specialized classes they'll be offering in the future.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.