News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

THE Original Kaiyodo T. rex

Started by tyrantqueen, November 24, 2014, 05:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I was doing some browsing and I found this (thanks Don Glut!). Supposedly it's the first ever Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus kit, sculpted by the Kaiyodo founder, from the eighties.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. And no, I'm not looking for one to buy, but I'd like to learn about it. How much would one be worth today? Has anyone ever seen one for sale?

I'm not gonna lie, it looks quite horrible, but that may be because Glut's model is in poor condition. And taking the age into consideration. Those Orsenigo models were also an eyesore, but now have become very collectible. I'm thinking the same is probably true for this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Don's collection has a lot of really cool older pieces like this. It would be very hard to value I think..it's the only one I've ever even seen. 

Paleogene Pals

Nice piece, but I am glad that the Dinoland T-rex turned out much better.

Arul

Awesome and need repaint immediately for perfection  :D

triceratops83

Don Glut's place would be better than Disneyland, especially if all those girls presented each display :-*
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.