News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How old is everyone here?

Started by Raptoress, November 28, 2014, 06:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 27, 2015, 04:16:14 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 27, 2015, 06:32:15 AM
I must be one of the more senior members here.  I'm 45.....   :-\

I just did a tally of members who list their age in their profiles (total 209). So, keeping in mind that these figures are not completely representative of the membership as a whole, and presuming the numbers are true...

29 is the average member age, 23 members are aged 45 or older, the youngest members are 12, and the oldest members are 66.

How interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I don't feel so old after all.   ;)

tyrantqueen

I just did a tally of members who list their age in their profiles (total 209). So, keeping in mind that these figures are not completely representative of the membership as a whole, and presuming the numbers are true...

29 is the average member age, 23 members are aged 45 or older, the youngest members are 12, and the oldest members are 66.
Actually the youngest member was 6. See here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1305.0

It's been some time since that posting, so the youngest member would be around 9.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 28, 2015, 07:43:05 AM

How interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I don't feel so old after all.   ;)

Very interesting but now I feel so young.... :(

Lusotitan

Currently 14 years old.

Silvanusaurus

I'm 23, but I think my mental age is 22. Sometimes I feel like a 24 year old.
I do think it is interesting how the older I've gotten the less relevant the number has seemed, growing up there always seemed to be this idea that some day, at a certain age, one would 'become' an adult, but in reality there was no definable or noticeable transition. My experience, knowledge and attitudes have changed and matured, but then some things have moved in circles; like the rekindling of my love of Dinosaurs and a simpler kind of enjoyment which I lost while I was a teenager, even if it's an excuse to escape from an arduous and stressful reality.
If anything I feel like I was born in the wrong time period, but thats another topic entirely.

Pawnosuchus

64, but the 12 year old is still there and strong in this one.

Sumo

34 (and a half!). Grew up with Burian, saw Jurassic park in 6th grade, rediscovered dinosaurs in college.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Varanops

Whoa!  Looks as though no one has visited this particular site in several months.  I'll just dust it off a little by revealing that I will be 71 (not a 'typo') next month, if I'm spared.  Greetings, everyone, and happy birthday to all the March/April folks.

Viking Spawn

Welcome aboard Varanops!  And happy early birthday wishes!!!   :)

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Varanops on March 30, 2016, 11:57:12 PM
Whoa!  Looks as though no one has visited this particular site in several months.  I'll just dust it off a little by revealing that I will be 71 (not a 'typo') next month, if I'm spared.  Greetings, everyone, and happy birthday to all the March/April folks.

I think that makes you our most senior member. Happy Birthday!

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Lanthanotus

This one hits his fourth decade this year, guess why I like my theropods unfeathered despite better knowledge :D

Shuvuuia

24 and counting. Sometimes that feels old to me. Sometimes I feel really young.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 31, 2016, 12:44:02 PM
This one hits his fourth decade this year, guess why I like my theropods unfeathered despite better knowledge :D

At least you can admit it. So many just can't let go. :)

Archinto

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 31, 2016, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 31, 2016, 12:44:02 PM

At least you can admit it. So many just can't let go. :)

HAHAH! I know the feeling having grown up seeing dinosaurs in the old school fashion... I still prefer the artistic renditions of dinosaurs portrayed featherless as well, even dragging tails and plodding along, despite better knowledge as put!

I am 34 and have always loved my dinosaurs. I had em put away for the last 7 years and finally got them out again and am even MORE hooked!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Nanuqsaurus

I'm apparently supposed to be 21 years old... But that can't be right, because all other people who are around the same age as me seem to be much more grown-up. I also look younger than 21 according to most people, most seem to think I'm between 16-19 years old.

Flaffy

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 03, 2016, 08:24:37 AM
I'm apparently supposed to be 21 years old... But that can't be right, because all other people who are around the same age as me seem to be much more grown-up. I also look younger than 21 according to most people, most seem to think I'm between 16-19 years old.

I'm 25 but people think I'm 16 or so. I was able to get into Jurassic World with a child's ticket. I think it's because I'm not very tall (5'3) and I don't wear make-up.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I'm 16 but everyone says I look older than that, but I still can't drive :-\

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: