You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops

Started by Concavenator, December 09, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Nasutoceratops model you prefer?

Wild Safari
26 (46.4%)
CollectA
5 (8.9%)
Battat
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Meso-Cenozoic

Just now saw your Nasutoceratops, Dan. Wow, it is really nice! I agree with Blade, it's going to be hard for me too to choose between yours and Doug's. Too bad we can't vote for a tie! ::)

And thanks for posting the pics for us Amarga -- much appreciated!

postsaurischian

:) The Battat Nasutoceratops looks beautiful. I'm going to vote as soon as I have it.

Dinomike

Dan, your Nasuto is awesome! (I didn't expect anything less!) I really like the paintjob! Great work again!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Absolutely beautiful Dan! I'm still sorta partial to the eyespots and quills of the Collecta model, but I think in terms of overall look, color scheme, and dynamism, yours is the best!

(Also, now that you're building up a bit of a backlog, maybe Battat will get off their butts and actually start releasing these things!!!)

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow Dan, that Nasutoceratops is magnificent! Best of the three this year in my opinion. Cannot wait to add it to my collection. Now, if only Battat would hurry up and at least give us some release dates! Wish they'd let us know what part of that process takes so long.

Takama

and it seems Battat leaves everyone else in the dust.

Go Battat  :P

Patrx

At the moment, I prefer the Wild Safari version. However, I don't think I can justify voting before I have the Battat in hand :)

Gwangi

I only own the Safari model this far but will certainly purchase the Battat. CollectA? I could take it or leave it. I won't make my final call until I actually own the Battat but it is definitely between it and Safari. Where the sculpt itself is concerned I'll be really hard pressed but I can already tell that I prefer the Safari where paint application and choice is concerned.

Patrx

I don't own the CollectA version myself, and I'm not planning on buying it - but it's not bad, really. Better than many of their ceratopsians and I do actually like the patterns. The thing is, I like the other two better and really don't need a third representation of the same genus unless another really exceptional one comes along.

Shonisaurus

I stay far (and we do not have in my collection) with  nasutoceratops of Battat.

To my humble opinion is the most realistic and best done anatomically. Without that wants to say that Safari does not stop being a precious work.

I voted to nasutoceratops Battat.

Sim

Thanks for the photos of the Battat Nasutoceratops, Dan and amargasaurus!

suspsy

Quote from: Patrx on April 16, 2015, 08:53:40 PM
I don't own the CollectA version myself, and I'm not planning on buying it - but it's not bad, really. Better than many of their ceratopsians and I do actually like the patterns. The thing is, I like the other two better and really don't need a third representation of the same genus unless another really exceptional one comes along.

I just got the CollectA one last week. It has the speculative quills that not everyone likes, but aside from that, I find it to be perfectly good. And I like the colour scheme best out of all three.

I hope next year the toy companies don't end up producing the same figures.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

John

It's a tough call this time between the Safari Ltd. one and the Battat one...both are excellent. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

KeU

Can't decide between Doug's and Dan's sculpts.

Really like the crispness of the details on Doug's. Especially those folds of skin. Doug never fails to improve on his skill every year.
And I like the paint job on the Safari figure as well. Prefer a more matt finish compared to a shiny one.

However, the proportions on Dan's sculpt is really spot on.

Great job to the both of them. I'm torn inside.

amargasaurus cazaui

A point to make there, Dan did say this is his painted resin master, and the actual models would not retain the shiny look. I remember him posting that comment to me
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: suspsy on April 28, 2015, 12:33:02 AM

I just got the CollectA one last week. It has the speculative quills that not everyone likes, but aside from that, I find it to be perfectly good. And I like the colour scheme best out of all three.

I like it when they produce the same figures. It's cool to see the ways different artists do the same species. It can also be useful for dioramas, to have multiple of the same Dino. Does anyone else agree?
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on April 30, 2015, 05:45:23 PM

I like it when they produce the same figures. It's cool to see the ways different artists do the same species. It can also be useful for dioramas, to have multiple of the same Dino. Does anyone else agree?

Totally agree!

Doug Watson

I can tell you there is not much I can do to avoid it, my 2016s were finished and delivered in September 2014 and I am working on the 2017s right now so when the competition's pieces come out I am always hoping we didn't pick the same animals but in the end there is nothing we can do to avoid it.

Arul

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 30, 2015, 07:57:55 PM

I can tell you there is not much I can do to avoid it, my 2016s were finished and delivered in September 2014 and I am working on the 2017s right now so when the competition's pieces come out I am always hoping we didn't pick the same animals but in the end there is nothing we can do to avoid it.

Wow, that is something. So the species of 2016 figure is actually ready now and 2017 figure is now on progress ?

suspsy

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 30, 2015, 07:57:55 PM

How tantalizing! Would that I could sneak a peak into your workshop!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: