News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Wonderful herd! Nice repainted as well.
😂 I just noticed that you also repainted your Parasaurolophus black and white! I did a repaint of my extra terra Battat one a couple years ago but never got around posting pics.
Somehow they look good in black and white!

triceratops83

B @Bokisaurus Thanks and yeah, it's kinda hard to paint a whole bunch of Ornithopods and NOT be tempted to do zebra stripes. I might get more of those paras further on down the track and paint them up like that. Go for that dizzying zebra herd look.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Here's what I've accumulated over the last few months - PNSO Parasaurolophus, Eikoh Edmontosaurus and Yowie Fulgurotherium.

Collecta Kamuysaurus (had this awhile but must have forgot to add it - hard to keep a track of these things) and the Wild Past Tethyshadros.
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - These are astounding! I look forward to any Ornithopods from you in the future!

I decided to make a little bit more space so I lost the Skull Island scene and grouped the rest of my dinosaur collection together as an "Essential Classic Species" group. I figure you need a minimum of eight classic dinos (2 Theropods, 2 Sauropods, 2 Cerapods, 2 Thyreophorans and bonus Pterosaur and Plesiosaur.) The Deinocheirus is filling in until Safari does a more derived Ornithomimosaur, and I'm hoping to one day replace the Camarasaurus with a Brontosaurus and either Brachiosaurus or a Titanosaur. Oh, and the cardboard Araurcarias will hopefully be in the form of CollectAs if my dreams come true.

Also got this instant classic! avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum - An absolutely adorable book! My nieces loved it. Alfie and Bella are great, I hope they're recurring characters in future releases. Oh, and the "silent P" joke cracked me up, never heard that one before!

And here's my latest attempts at sculpting. This Rhabdodon had been sitting on my shelves for months, I guess I just lost interest in it. I only painted it this morning so I could include it in this post. I've sworn off trying to sculpt fiddly little figures - from now on I'll only attempt larger projects.

I come across glow in the dark sculpey, so thought I'd try an old school Trachodon

And it glows like a champ!

And my sixth completed figure I've already posted in the "Meet Tlatolophus" thread, but here it is again.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions and I sincerely congratulate you on your beautiful sculptures as well. Sincerely, the love of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals makes many DTF members excellent artists apart from making those sculptures relaxing.

Baryonyx

Super update avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 , I really like your Tlatolophus sculpt and your paint scheme! Thanks for sharing. It's a nice versatile pose too, good for being pursued or for warning something off. I have been slowly working on an Ouranosaurus which I will share at some point.

The glow-in-the-dark Trachodon looks fantastic as well and the Rhabdodon is sweet. Congrats on the PNSO Parasaurolophus and the Wild Past Tethyshadros, I have the latter and they are such a joy. The resting pose is superb!

DinoToyForum

avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 thanks for getting my book and I'm really glad your nieces enjoyed it! Future palaeontologists perhaps? ;)

You have some other brilliant new acquisitions there. :)

Bokisaurus

Wonderful new additions and sculpture! Beautiful and you can really see how much you improved 😃

triceratops83

Thanks everyone! avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx - can't wait to see your Ouranosaurus!

Halichoeres

Always a treat to see updates in this thread. You turned out that Tlatolophus quickly, well done!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Wonderful additions. I'm also really digging the classic species display. Especially all the plants.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

triceratops83

Thank you all for the nice comments! Meanwhile, I received the Safari Elasmosaurus to go on my Safari shelf. I'd put this one off for so long because it sounded too small for my purposes, but in hand it JUST makes it. I'm glad too, it's a really wonderful figure. Now I just need a Safari Pterosaur (the Favorite Pteranodon is filling in for the moment).

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

triceratops83

After struggling to build a Soviet Tank (which finally convinced me to never build a complicated model kit again) I built a couple of simple dinosaurs to wash that taste out of my mouth. I've built all of the old Lindberg kits and I hate them, but I had never done their Jurassic Park models. Since I wanted to get one for a friend's birthday, I thought I'd better test one and got the Tyrannosaurus. I was pleasantly surprised - the pieces actually fit together unlike all of the Lindberg kits barring the Hadrosaurus. It came out alright so I attempted a a paint job based on the movie colours,

And here's some Airfix dinos that came in a three pack marked as "Heller" brand. There was a Triceratops as well, but I let my Niece build and paint that one - she did a good job (wish I took a photo). I just did a very basic paint job on these,

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - I've never attempted Jurassic Park colours before, as they seemed too subtle. Now I want to get a hold of the other JP Lindberg kits.

SidB

Thanks for sharing, avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 , I've never seen these classics before - didn't even know that they existed. Guess I should get out more often.

triceratops83

S @SidB - No problem. I wonder if model kits are still as popular as they used to be. There's definitely not enough dinosaur styrene models. I'm personally hoping for a new and updated range of dioramas from Tamiya. While I've grown tired of tanks/planes/ships, I'll always enjoy building dinosaur kits.

Halichoeres

Those turned out really nice! With the prominent texture on the Stegosaurus, the Tyrannosaurus looks like it's really excited about popping bubble wrap.

triceratops83

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 06, 2022, 12:52:52 PMThose turned out really nice! With the prominent texture on the Stegosaurus, the Tyrannosaurus looks like it's really excited about popping bubble wrap.

Thanks! And either that or the Tyrannosaurus is shocked and is worried about getting warts.

Well, Stegosaurs are my latest interest. Here's my recent acquisitions.
Safari.

CollectA

Schleich

Mojo

Kinto Favorite

PNSO

Rebor

Toyway WWD and K&M

Papo and Bullyland

Invicta and Recur

Nanmu and Battat

Zuru and Mattel. I have little interest in action figures, but these were in every store I went to, and I buy so little in person compared to online, so here they are. The Zuru Robo Alive came with armour and weapons but I took them off. However it still walks around making "Pew-Pew!" sounds, which is amusing.

Favorite.

That's all my stegosaurus. I'll post all my other stegosaurs next weekend.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: