News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2016: Step 1

Started by anchry6, December 20, 2014, 10:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Chasmosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Carcharadontosaurus
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

JohannesB

Iguanodon
Therizinosaurus
Giganotosaurus

Dinosaurana

Therizinosaurus
Plateosaurus
Megatherium

Megalosaurus

Therizinosaurus naked (WWD inspired but other coloration)
Shunosaurus (cool club tail)
Diabloceratops (will be awesome to get a red / orange diablo from Papo. I don't like Collecta nor Safari)
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 22, 2014, 04:19:25 PM
Therizinosaurus naked (WWD inspired but other coloration)
Shunosaurus (cool club tail)
Diabloceratops (will be awesome to get a red / orange diablo from Papo. I don't like Collecta nor Safari)
I like your list as much as mine, but i want a feathered Therizinosaur.
-Zhuchengotyrant

tanystropheus

There is no need for a naked Therizinosaurus, imo. Papo has proven themselves to be quite capable with feathers as evidenced by the Archaeopteryx.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 23, 2014, 07:16:25 AM
There is no need for a naked Therizinosaurus, imo. Papo has proven themselves to be quite capable with feathers as evidenced by the Archaeopteryx.
I don't think they will make a feathered therizinosaurus unless Sideshow releases one and they copy it. The general public is still reluctant to accept the fact that many species of dinosaur were feathered. Archaeopteryx was a "special case" because it is seen as the first "bird" so feathers are a no brainer.

Daspletodave

Gallimimus
Edmontosaurus
Chasmosaurus

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2014, 12:34:59 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 23, 2014, 07:16:25 AM
I don't think they will make a feathered therizinosaurus unless Sideshow releases one and they copy it. The general public is still reluctant to accept the fact that many species of dinosaur were feathered. Archaeopteryx was a "special case" because it is seen as the first "bird" so feathers are a no brainer.

hmmm....good idea...

Perhaps, we should create a 'Requests for Sideshow 2016' thread to help motivate Papo to release more obscure sculpts. We can begin by suggesting a feathered Therizinosaurus sculpt for Sideshow.

Lusotitan

stargatedalek

Personally I'd be rather disappointed by a naked therizinosaurus, WWD based or otherwise.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoG

It looks like ceratosaurus and iguanodon are leading the charge...
Run!

Lusotitan

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 26, 2014, 05:57:45 AM
Quote from: Lusotitan on December 26, 2014, 01:02:35 AM
Ceratosaurus
Iguanodon
Kulindapteryx
Kulindadromeus ;).

Whether or not it was given the name on stolen specimens, it does technically have priority.

ladyferry

1. Corythosaurus
2. Iguanodon
3. Gallimimus

Rathalosaurus

1. Giganotosaurus carolinii
2. Majungasaurus crenatissimus
3. Aucasaurus garridoi
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

triceratops83

I think we may be a tad optimistic by giving them some obscure choices, this is Papo, not Collecta. Although it is surprising they haven't copied designs from all the dinosaur documentaries going all the way back to WWD. Just movies and Sideshow statues.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

kreativtek

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 03:00:55 PM
I think we may be a tad optimistic by giving them some obscure choices, this is Papo, not Collecta. Although it is surprising they haven't copied designs from all the dinosaur documentaries going all the way back to WWD. Just movies and Sideshow statues.

That's because Papo copies only the most epic dinosaur designs. Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were monsters that frightened the audience with their large teeth, sharp claws, and mascular bodies. Moreover, with help of three films and huge merchandise, they have also heavily imprinted their image in the public mind, which automatically makes the toys more distinctive than any other dinosaurs, especially the obscure ones.

As for copying Sideshow... I believe we all know what they do this. Sideshow models are expensive and very few can afford them. Therefore, if you want a quality dinosaur figure with an approachable price tag, you get Papo. They've found their niche. Besides, Papo dinosaurs sculpted after Sideshow models look very tempting even to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

anchry6

1. Corythosaurus
2. Iguanodon
3. Ceratosaurus

:D

anchry6

Last 4 days for voting.  ;)
Happy New Year.

:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: