News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Utahraptor "Death Trap" fossils found in Utah

Started by Simon, January 07, 2015, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/01/150106-utahraptor-death-trap-fossil/?now=2015-01-06-00:01

Of course, as these things go, it will be 5 years before we hear anything more, what with the slow speed of actually digging the bones out of the sandstone block.  Will it contain feather impressions?  Lets hope so.

amargasaurus cazaui

When I glanced at the list it said....Utahraptor "Death Trap" fossils found in Utah by Simon...............and my first thought was, well he better share then !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

What a great discovery to kick off 2014! Too bad it'll be a while before we get any substantial info out of this one. I remember rumors of the new Deinocheirus finds started coming out around 2007-2008, and we only got a formalized publication/announcement in 2014.

DC

This certainly mirrors the tenontosaurus /  Deinonychus finds.  The appearance of maniraptors could be linked to the spread of iguanodonts.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Horridus

From what I've heard, we can all expect Utahraptor to turn out to be a lot weirder-looking than previously thought. Stumpy Achillobator-like legs might be on the cards.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Sim

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing it!  It was impressive seeing how the block was removed from the site!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.