News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tallin's Repaints

Started by Tallin, January 11, 2015, 12:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Awesome, overall the eyes  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

pylraster

I like how you paint eyes. So life-like and glossy.

Tallin

Thank you! My way to make the eyes glossy is just adding a tiny bit of clear nail varnish :)

Here's my repainted Kentrosaurus by CollectA - I repainted it to resemble the new large Schleich model. It was incredibly fiddly...

Factory paint:

My paint

kreativtek

Great execution of a good idea! Next to the larger Slcheich model, the CollectA's Kentrosaurus looks like a juvenile, full-grown tiles and spikes aside.

Nebuloid

Fantastic idea and execution ! 

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Tallin

Thank you so much! It may be tiny, but the little kentro model is actually quite a charming sculpt.

Tallin

I recently repainted the Carnegie Dilong - the teeth were very undefined in my model so they still look rather lumpy!

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nicely done even with the teeth issues. I've often wondered how Papo manages such detail but Safari/Carnegie has issues with it so often.

Nebuloid

Wonderfull, nice details on such a small figure, bet it would look even better in person !
Just took a look at my Dilong and the teeth are the same clumpy mess as yours, not easy to repaint...

Arul

Jetoar

Really lovely custom partner  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Tallin on February 06, 2015, 11:49:42 AM
Thank you! My way to make the eyes glossy is just adding a tiny bit of clear nail varnish :)

Here's my repainted Kentrosaurus by CollectA - I repainted it to resemble the new large Schleich model. It was incredibly fiddly...

Very beautiful! You did an excellent job. I just have one question; why does the schelich kentro look like its beak was flipped upside down in Photoshop?? Am I the only one seeing this??
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

tyrantqueen

QuoteVery beautiful! You did an excellent job. I just have one question; why does the schelich kentro look like its beak was flipped upside down in Photoshop?? Am I the only one seeing this??

I can see it too, but I believe it's an optical illusion caused by the pebble in the background making the lower mandible look wider than it actually is.

Tallin

Yes I see what you mean now you mention it. Then again, the jaw of my kentro is a little asymmetrical.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.