You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Nice shot, how much the price for your rebor utahraptor chrislikedinosaur ?  :)

redman

I finally got the utahraptor. This is an incredible model, the best Rebor statue so far and by far the best of my collection. Very good job Rebor!

Rathalosaurus

I do not like this one. The only Rebor model I DO like is the tiny Triceratops and I am hoping for the Acrocanthosaurus.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

postsaurischian

Quote from: redman on February 25, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
I finally got the utahraptor. This is an incredible model, the best Rebor statue so far and by far the best of my collection. Very good job Rebor!

Does yours not bend down?

postsaurischian

I just got the model through Everything Dinosaur. It bent down within minutes :( :(, and it's still pretty cold here in Germany.
Quality inspection?!

I'd really want to know if there are copies that don't have this issue.

I'm quite disappointed with REBOR here, regarding the fact that they claim to put emphasis on workmanship.

Uroplatus

Sad to say that mine has the same problem.., it arrived also this morning and now, abouth 2,5 hours after putting it together it is touching the ground with both of it's feeth.  >:(

I did assemble it exactly the same way they said on their Facebook page, inserting the steel peg into the foot first, than pushing it down on the ground to fill in the empty space before inserting it in the base... Didn't help a bit.
Poor Utahraptor is not hunting the wind but the ants on the floor right now.  :-\

I also had a very difficult time opening it's mouth, it felt like i was abouth to brake it if i would have used more force.
I knew this could be easily solved with a blow dryer so i also did, but this thing is brand new and i don't feel like having to do this with something i paid this much money for.

I must say i am also very disappointed with the way this model turned out and i was expecting much more quality from a company that carry's that kind of attitude.

I am also very curious abouth the way everybody else there models are doing, and i don't expect much from it but i sure hope REBOR comes up with a sollution for those of us that have bought this "bottomfeeder".

(On a possitive note, it was the first time i ordered from Everything Dinosaur and i am very pleased with the way they handled my purchase, thanks to them for that!) :)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Simon

How they handle this issue will speak volumes about how serious they are in terms of customer service.

To back up:  This type of plastic problem is VERY common and it is the SINGLE biggest flaw,for example, of the entire first Battat line, whose theropods cannot stand on two feet due to bending that will occur.  Every company that makes toys out of PVC has had this problem.

I am guessing that it is simply a result of the production people simply not understanding or inquiring deeply enough into the properties of the type of PVC being used for the figure - or maybe they are told by the PVC supplier than there won't be a problem, but when the figures come out of the mould, surprise!

Collecta is unique to the best of my knowledge in that the PVC that they use for some of their figures has actually allowed their theropods to remain standing on 2 legs.  Whether that has been the case with their deluxe figures I am not sure.  It seems like that the larger a figure is, the more likely the problem is to pop up.

Heating/cooling will NEVER correct this problem because if the material was strong enough to be able to be fixed this way (like resin in resin kits is for example) then the figure would not have a bending problem to begin with.  And since cutting and remodeling the figures is not an option for most collectors (and would defeat the purpose of collecting if you had to modify the figure) then the solution is to have a support for the figure.

Now, back to this Utahraptor figure.  This is now looming as a potentially BIG customer relations/satisfaction issue for this new company.

The immediate solution, happily, is a fairly simple one but they better act FAST if they want to nip the bad word-of-mouth on this figure. 

The solution:  Issue all future figures of this Utahraptor with a clear plastic rod, perhaps with a "Y" loop where the body can rest on it, that can be used to prop up the figure, and that - more importantly from the marketing standpoint - can be inserted into all of the already produced packages.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dinomike on February 27, 2015, 12:52:35 PM
Oh dear! Bad news! Something wrong with the plastic perhaps? :(

Partly but also from what I've seen, the lower leg/ankle sections is very thin so they probably used a softer plastic to prevent possible snapping and that led to what we have going on.  Honestly, I agree with Simon, perhaps a second, clear plastic stand to prop Wind Hunter on will work.  I'd love to hear from REBOR on the situation.

My stance though?  I am STILL looking forward to owning this figurine.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Did they fix the leaning issue? It seems that this reviewer's version doesn't have any problems with posture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVylpEWLqV8

Shadowknight1

He might have just put it on the stand.  Most leaning issues start an hour or so after assembly from what I can tell.

Dobber

I too would like to hear from REBOR, but I'm worried they have given up on this forum.  :-\

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Wingrave27

I purchased a small piece of 2mm diameter clear acrylic rod for mine.Doesn't bother me and its not really noticeable unless your up close :D

Arul

What is the real problem actually ? I cant imagine...if someone give a photo/pict of the utahraptor standing problem it will be very appreciate...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Wingrave27 on February 28, 2015, 01:32:12 AM
I purchased a small piece of 2mm diameter clear acrylic rod for mine.Doesn't bother me and its not really noticeable unless your up close :D

Did you drill a hole in the base or figure (or both) to fit the acrylic rod?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: ARUL on February 28, 2015, 01:46:47 AM
What is the real problem actually ? I cant imagine...if someone give a photo/pict of the utahraptor standing problem it will be very appreciate...
The basic problem is that the figure is very front heavy and the ankle/lower leg of Utahraptor is very thin and made of a slightly softer material than the rest of the dinosaur, so it is apparently prone to leaning forward so it's forelimbs can touch the ground.  So far the only permanent fixes I've seen have been Wingrave27's acrylic rod and one person who drilled into the leg of their figure and inserted a metal rod for stability.

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 28, 2015, 05:59:39 AM
Quote from: ARUL on February 28, 2015, 01:46:47 AM
The basic problem is that the figure is very front heavy and the ankle/lower leg of Utahraptor is very thin and made of a slightly softer material than the rest of the dinosaur, so it is apparently prone to leaning forward so it's forelimbs can touch the ground.  So far the only permanent fixes I've seen have been Wingrave27's acrylic rod and one person who drilled into the leg of their figure and inserted a metal rod for stability.

Ohh okay i get it thanks...so to handle that problem we need "extra move", well this problem must have a solution from the company because they must be expect this...

Wingrave27

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 28, 2015, 05:33:38 AM
Quote from: Wingrave27 on February 28, 2015, 01:32:12 AM

Did you drill a hole in the base or figure (or both) to fit the acrylic rod?

Nope,no drilling at all,the figure is still unaltered.Just cut the rod to the right length and wedged it under him.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dobber on February 28, 2015, 01:03:46 AM
I too would like to hear from REBOR, but I'm worried they have given up on this forum.  :-\

Chris
They haven't. Their last post was on Feb 26, and they are still visiting. I hope they respond soon.

nobunaga

Mine arrived, very good figure only he color of the "wings" is dark while the chest is clear therefore the detachment is too net, after an hour it was facing the ground :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: