News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I also wonder if there will be any marine reptiles in the toy line? I'd be surprised if the Mosasaurus isn't represented in some form...

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Mauro "Raptor86"

suspsy

If this were 1993, I'd be happy about the T. rex at least. Or maybe not. What the heck is wrong with the lower jaw on that second one?

Oh yay, the Ankylosaurus is totally copying the Papo one.

Seriously? Seriously?? More dinosaurs with hideous gaping wounds? Yuck.

A Spinosaurus with ridiculously long legs, a Pteranodon with teeth, and a bunch of raptors with pronated wrists, bendy tails, and of course, no feathers.

And then there's the Stegoceratops. Excuse me, sir, but Chaos Effect went out with KB Toys. Also, Armadon from Primal Rage would like to have a word with you.

And then there's the "Bad Boy." What can I say other than I hate the entire concept.

On the very, very bright side, this means I won't be adding any more items to my already massive 2015 want list. I shall seek solace in CollectA, Carnegie, and Papo. I tend to be hard on the latter for their scientific shortcomings, but at least they have incredible sculpting going for them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

Hopefully the actual products end up looking a bit better.  :-\ Though I will admit the big T. rex will be a pretty good one if they fix that jaw joint.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 06:16:53 AM
It's just odd since the smaller ones have them... lol

Maybe Neca or some other company will be making some detailed figures ala Godzilla.

I heard rumors that S.H monster arts might make some too

Dinomike

Oh dear...! Well at least the T.rex looks like a big one!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

Did you notice the "Pachyaurus"?
I'd like to se that "Pachyaurus" and Allosaurus closer.

Stegoceratops OMG!!! Hasbro, please take my money and bring back the Ultimasaurus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Carnosaur

Well there is certainly some disappointment with these new figures especially the lack of articulation and quality we saw
in the Allosaurus they released back in 2013.

The stegoceratops might have a place in my lizardman army for warhammer though.

suspsy

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 15, 2015, 04:42:47 PM
Did you notice the "Pachyaurus"?
I'd like to se that "Pachyaurus" and Allosaurus closer.

Stegoceratops OMG!!! Hasbro, please take my money and bring back the Ultimasaurus.

You know, I would really rather have this as the "Bad Boy" of the film than that albino carnosaur with quills. At least it'd be good for a laugh that way.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Horridus

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2015, 05:36:57 PM
You know, I would really rather have this as the "Bad Boy" of the film than that albino carnosaur with quills. At least it'd be good for a laugh that way.
Yeah, me too - that would be brilliant! And there'd have to be a spin-off beat-'em-up game. Preferably with guest stars from other film franchises. Ultimasaurus v King Kong, anyone?
As for the toys? Not great. Wasn't expecting much, but another cool, large JP T. rex would've been nice. Can we hope that they'll fix that larger figure?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 PM
Yes. I wonder if the Stegoceratops is toy-line only and if the various redecos of it and the Tyrannosaurus are meant to represent different individuals, like in case of the Raptors...And ofcourse if the final product will have covers for the Dino-Damage...

I wouldn't count on it..at least not for these. Recall the JP3 line.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 15, 2015, 12:26:04 PM
I also wonder if there will be any marine reptiles in the toy line? I'd be surprised if the Mosasaurus isn't represented in some form...

I thought it was mentioned they were working on one and a guy had seen a prototype on another forum..maybe it's part of another sub-line in this line. I can't see them not making one..water creatures are cool..though the Kraken from POTC just barely got one SD figure. :/

Quote from: Takama on January 15, 2015, 04:13:32 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 06:16:53 AM
It's just odd since the smaller ones have them... lol

Maybe Neca or some other company will be making some detailed figures ala Godzilla.

I heard rumors that S.H monster arts might make some too

That would be one plus.

Quote from: Carnosaur on January 15, 2015, 04:49:01 PM
Well there is certainly some disappointment with these new figures especially the lack of articulation and quality we saw
in the Allosaurus they released back in 2013.

The stegoceratops might have a place in my lizardman army for warhammer though.

I don't know what happened...those were the quality of figures I was expecting. Really thought Hasbro had figured us out.

I mean compare the new big Rex with the last big one Hasbro actually created :

I recall when people said this figure was bad..now it looks so much more awesome compared to this totally not-JP-in-the-slightest dollar store Rex.

I don't see anyone has posted them yet here's the unblurred I-Rex/Bad Boy pics :

I might get the I-Rex as he'll be the main character for the film and there is some detailing there..but his head looks very V-Rex like..so I don't know..I'm pretty disappointed all around in terms of figures.

stargatedalek

I'm... thoroughly saddened by the state of the JW toy line in its current state, rather depressing actually. On the bright side these ARE still prototypes, so some might improve. As it stands however I'll only be picking up a few of these.

Mega Strike T.rex
it looks... meh... its large and probably soft textured which are good points in its favor, I might snatch one up

Bashers and biters
you know, a couple of these I'll probably get, the ankylosaur, raptor with gear, and allosaurus look promising

Growlers
well, its time the cerato finally got a toy but I don't know if I'll be getting it, dimorphodon is a definite yuck, the others however I might consider

Spinosaurus
oh the irony, the JP3 spino had shorter legs he-he, if this was a re-release of the JP3 spino I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat, but this is just... nah...

Pteranodon and helicopter
O_O
again, I really wish they had gone with a JP3 re-release here...

generic velociraptors are generic and probably not going to pick up without them being on discount

puppets are puppets, not my thing

the chaos effect wannabees however, they have some serious potential and I'll definitely snatch them up!

EmperorDinobot

It's ironic that the only one I like is the Stegoceratops...

But yeah. Oh and my avatar drawing is making the rounds on FB. Told you I was gonna make a fortune with this movie ;)

But you know what? Despite my alcohol induced depression, I gotta look at the positive. I will probably break down and love these to death even if they turn out to be horrifying.

But still, it's disappointed. If only PAPO, who I'm known to hate, would step up their game and deliver pieces like that beautiful Dimetrodon and that amazing Pachyrhinosaurus, we'd be set.

Actually, I have an announcement:

I no longer hate PAPO. Really, my hatred of Papo stems from the whole Pteranodon with teeth thing. And here we go again. Teeth on a winged and toothless animal.

Roselaar

Wow, new toys.

But most of them don't excite me very much, for the same reason the JP III toys did not. The same errors made back in 2001 seem to be repeated. There's a few half decent sculpts here, but most of them are below average.

The big T-Rexes, together with the Ceratosaurus and Dimorphodon, are actually the models I consider most appealing. True, their proportions are all off, but that goes for all these figures. Scientific accuracy definitely was not on Hasbro's mind, but it never was. I am disappointed in not seeing the unreleased Stegosaurus and Carnotaurus among these. I only wish Hasbro had made more figures in their style. Perhaps they still will, but it's unlikely.

But no repaints from JP III! Now that is good news! :)

Dobber

Yikes, these are really not my "cup of tea".

Don't like these at all.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Sim

The Tyrannosaurus in the first picture of this thread looks nice, but the toys immediately got awful after that.  These animals are awesome as they were, it's not necessary to warp them into monstrosities to try to make them more appealing, like they've done with the Dilophosaurus and Pteranodon; or merge them like they did with the Stegosaurus and Triceratops!  Some of these are hideous anyway though.

I decided to post in this thread as I can read/speak Italian, so I can translate the information next to the toys.  The most interesting info is in this picture:

It says: the skin changes colour! (= la pelle cambia colore!).

Just like the Papo "Ankylosaurus", the Jurassic World Ankylosaurus toy (which looks like it's a Euoplocephalus like the Papo figure) has an inaccurate tail pose.  The last half of an ankylosaurid's tail is formed of interlocking, sometimes fused vertebrae, which would make it stiff and straight.  There was also not sufficient musculature to raise the tail very high.

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2015, 04:08:36 PM
Seriously? Seriously?? More dinosaurs with hideous gaping wounds? Yuck.
I've hated those wounds since I received my first JP toys as a child.  For JP3 (and JW too it looks like) they didn't even cover them up - I don't know why any child would want a permanently wounded dinosaur/pterosaur toy!

Quote from: Roselaar on January 15, 2015, 09:14:45 PM
Wow, new toys.

But most of them don't excite me very much, for the same reason the JP III toys did not. The same errors made back in 2001 seem to be repeated. There's a few half decent sculpts here, but most of them are below average.

I am disappointed in not seeing the unreleased Stegosaurus and Carnotaurus among these. I only wish Hasbro had made more figures in their style. Perhaps they still will, but it's unlikely.

But no repaints from JP III! Now that is good news! :)
I agree!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 15, 2015, 08:56:19 PM
It's ironic that the only one I like is the Stegoceratops...

But yeah. Oh and my avatar drawing is making the rounds on FB. Told you I was gonna make a fortune with this movie ;)

But you know what? Despite my alcohol induced depression, I gotta look at the positive. I will probably break down and love these to death even if they turn out to be horrifying.

But still, it's disappointed. If only PAPO, who I'm known to hate, would step up their game and deliver pieces like that beautiful Dimetrodon and that amazing Pachyrhinosaurus, we'd be set.

Actually, I have an announcement:

I no longer hate PAPO. Really, my hatred of Papo stems from the whole Pteranodon with teeth thing. And here we go again. Teeth on a winged and toothless animal.

The Pteranodon was a perfect JP3 copy though look at it in that context and it's beautifully done.

Actually that's one of my biggest problems with these offerings.  One line I expected NO scientific accuracy from and it still disappoints because they look nothing like their film/JP counterparts. Most are too smooth, no detail at all, cheap paint ..just stuff I can do down to the local dollar store and pick up.

Takama

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinosaurs on January 15, 2015, 06:58:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 06:30:28 AM
Possible Spoiler.

Here's the three blurred ones :

How did you get this?

I will go insane if that Stegoceratops makes it in the movie. The Diablous/Indominous Rex looked decent and Plausible for a Mutant Dinosaur, but this looks like it will be redicoulus.

Manatee

Quote from: Takama on January 15, 2015, 11:15:29 PM
Quote from: ChrisLikesDinosaurs on January 15, 2015, 06:58:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 06:30:28 AM
Possible Spoiler.

Here's the three blurred ones :

How did you get this?

I will go insane if that Stegoceratops makes it in the movie. The Diablous/Indominous Rex looked decent and Plausible for a Mutant Dinosaur, but this looks like it will be redicoulus.
I think it's very unlikely that it would make it in the movie. I'd imagine it's probably like the Chaos Effect creatures; also, Bryce Dallas Howard said "very first mutant dinosaur," so there should only be one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: