News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those pics..ugh. Just make me annoyed. I saw some off brand dinosaur toys tonight walmart is carrying..they look better than most of these...and they are cheaper.

EmperorDinobot

There's always the...uh... originals *wink wink*

triceratops83

The Jurassic World stuff is now in the store I work in. It's just as bad in person. Interestingly, the various Velociraptors don't seem to be poseable. It all looks comparable to the cheap knockoffs we also sell.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah they are very limited on poseability..not unlike some of the past JP Velociraptors though..it's their sculpting, paint, and overall dollar store-ish-ness that puts me off.

laticauda

Is there at least one decent, usable figure from the new JW line?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: laticauda on April 25, 2015, 03:56:56 AM
Is there at least one decent, usable figure from the new JW line?

I'd consider the few I plan to get the best if I may be so bold.

That would be the Ankylosaurus ( good paint, good sculpt) Stegoceratops ( fits in with the whole "theme" of the film), Blue/Velociraptor ( she's the larger electronic one and a main character in the film), Both I-Rex's.

That's about it for wave one.

Brontozaurus

The Ankylosaurus looks nice, and I'm tempted by the less expensive Indominus Rex one cause it looks kinda cool? I'm also down for the lego sets. But I'm happy to leave the majority of Jurassic World merch on the shelf.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 25, 2015, 02:04:22 PM
The Ankylosaurus looks nice, and I'm tempted by the less expensive Indominus Rex one cause it looks kinda cool? I'm also down for the lego sets. But I'm happy to leave the majority of Jurassic World merch on the shelf.

Exactly. I'll wait and check them out in person on the shelf, but I doubt my mind will change.

Dinomike

I might get the gyrosphere set - I'm warming up to I-rex:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

mini-figure lovers rejoice :

Plushie horror....

stargatedalek

I hope we get to see some unbaged versions soon, to be honest I rather hate the grab bag concept myself...

CityRaptor

Depending on look and availabilty the minis might be my JW Dinosaurs to go. I expect all 4 Raptors to be the same mold since it sounds like something Hasbro would do. So getting all 4 of them might be the hardest task.

The plushies are ugh, although I guess Blue is to be taken literally in that case...

Thus, interest update:
Hasbro Main Line - No
Hasbro Minis -  Maybe
Hero Mashers - No
Plushies - No
Jada - No
Lego - No
Kaiyodo ( inofficial ) - Yes
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 26, 2015, 06:55:31 PM
I hope we get to see some unbaged versions soon, to be honest I rather hate the grab bag concept myself...
I totally agree.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Anky looks nice, the Spino is very JP3. If anyone buys them and gets doubles or triples I'm sure they will find a market here on the forum.

How are the Kaiyodo pieces unofficial? There is an I-Rex right?

CityRaptor

No I-Rex in the Kaiyodo Set.

Interest update:
Hasbro Main Line - No
Hasbro Minis -  Yes
Hero Mashers - No
Plushies - No
Jada - No
Lego - No
Kaiyodo ( unofficial ) - Yes
Oh no

Raptoress

As flawed as most of them are, I'm actually really excited for the release of these toys. It's the first time I'll be able to buy and own Jurassic Park toys new and keep them boxed. Yeah I'll definitely agree they don't compare to original Jurassic Park toys, but I'm just happy I'm finally able to join in the action of Jurassic Park, since I was born in 1996 and wasn't able to have the first toys.

stargatedalek

Good news, the blind bags are available in a giant bag of 15 which to my current knowledge seems to include one of each.

Derek.McManus

My son will love the blind bag figures!  ;)

Takama

I was at my ocal Shopko and I Saw these action figures for the first time.

I am surprised at how lousy the toys are I tried the gimmicks on them and they barely worked. The only one i had any interest in was the Indominous Rex with Gyrosphere, as the sculpt seemed pretty decent, and the Gimmick worked fine.   

DR Admin, Is an Indominous Rex Figure allowed for review on the Blog?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: