News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Just saw the JW toys yesterday and they were on 10% off (TRU sale). Did not buy any but bought Hot Wheels Thors & Masher Thor for my collection instead.

Actually, I find the JW toys fit for kids but not maybe for collection. Quality seems to have downgraded.  It's sad that JW toys were treated like this. Might buy some on sale in Dec.

Did not notice if we have the blind bags here, BTW.   
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on May 17, 2015, 01:39:37 AM
Just saw the JW toys yesterday and they were on 10% off (TRU sale). Did not buy any but bought Hot Wheels Thors & Masher Thor for my collection instead.

Actually, I find the JW toys fit for kids but not maybe for collection. Quality seems to have downgraded.  It's sad that JW toys were treated like this. Might buy some on sale in Dec.

Did not notice if we have the blind bags here, BTW.

The small figures are marked as Walmart exclusives--not sure if it's just the tubes, or all of them.

And didn't know that about the red figures--if they are chase figures, maybe they shouldn't put them in the easy-to-see tubes!

I only bought mine for the mosasaur. Better for the sure thing!

Dinomike

I think those mini figures look pretty good - minus the really weird looking allosaurus. I think they would be good material for repaints. Difficult to obtain in Europe though.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

How much the price for 1 big blind bag with 15pcs figures inside ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on May 17, 2015, 07:41:42 AM
How much the price for 1 big blind bag with 15pcs figures inside ?

About 15.00.

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

Arul

Okay thanks much cheaper than WWD minifigure. here per bag of wwd blind bag is about $2.5

CityRaptor

Keep in mind that a single pack is only a bit less expensive at nearly $2. The 15 pack is clearly the way to go for those figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

I might be able to score a 15 pack thru a trade with my cousin. Bought him some Funko Pop Pacquiao figures. Hehehe. ....

SBell

In Canada, it's about $4 for a single blind bag, or $8 for 3 in a tube. So...way more than is reasonable. Hopefully there will be lots left when they go to clearance pricing.

EmperorDinobot

I've been yelled at for being all negative about these toys. When I saw them in stores, my realizations were confirmed. These toys suck to an unimaginable degree.

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 18, 2015, 06:07:55 AM
I've been yelled at for being all negative about these toys. When I saw them in stores, my realizations were confirmed. These toys suck to an unimaginable degree.

I like the mini figures (blind bag ones). Otherwise I have to agree--they are all around NOPE

docronnie

They are $25.99 per pack of 15 at Amazon. Seems expensive.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2015, 06:17:45 AM

I like the mini figures (blind bag ones). Otherwise I have to agree--they are all around NOPE

Irredeemable.

But there's hope. Samuel Martinez from the Jurassic Park: Best Collectors (Latinoamerica) group on FB made this trainwreck:

Into this beauty:

CityRaptor

Well, that only works if one is good at that kind of stuff.

Quote from: docronnie on May 18, 2015, 06:25:31 AM
They are $25.99 per pack of 15 at Amazon. Seems expensive.

Compared to eBay prices, that is still reasonable.

Well, the blindbags look okay.

And you have been yelled at? Really?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Other than the anatomical issues ( even for a JP Rex) that does look much better!

tyrantqueen

QuoteI've been yelled at for being all negative about these toys. When I saw them in stores, my realizations were confirmed. These toys suck to an unimaginable degree.
Sorry to hear that. But I think you'll find that most people on this forum are in agreement with you about the quality of these toys. Was it on JPtoys or some other place?

stargatedalek

It was on JPToys and I hope I'm not out of line to request that that remain an internal matter? I'm not staff on either here or on JPToys but it has caused several fights on JPToys and I don't want to see it carrying over to here as well.

suspsy

A lot of dinosaur fans appear to have some kind of blind loyalty for anything JP. Doesn't matter if the product is clearly inferior. They'll furiously defend it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: