News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Clearly a new species: Ceratosaurus microdentus!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HunterKiller

Is the unreleased Stomping (?) T-Rex the same size and sculpt as the Chomping one? It looks like its the same mold but i'm not sure if the Stomp one with electronics is scaled up a bit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HunterKiller on June 11, 2015, 09:18:12 AM
Is the unreleased Stomping (?) T-Rex the same size and sculpt as the Chomping one? It looks like its the same mold but i'm not sure if the Stomp one with electronics is scaled up a bit.

Not sure. It is similar but not exact. Definitely the same sculptor.

SpartanSquat

Very dissapointed with Hasbro toys...the only ones I really like its Big Indominus Rex and Stomp Strike T-rex. But in my opinion: I much prefferd Lego versions, also wait for papo versions.

Arul

Have you ever seen this before ?  :) is this from hasbro ? Hasbro is the only company who get jw license right ?

CityRaptor

These look like some kind of promo item or caketopper. The I-Rex is probably the most accurate figure of it we saw so far.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those are cup toppers from Thailand. Seem to be selling for around 20.00 each on ebay.

The I-Rex does look like the best so far we've seen..just a tad bit too small.

Dinomike

Wow! 20 each is a lot - considering these are probably part of a soda+popcorn set which sells for a couple of dollars...still, that Indominus rex is pretty good! I have a gorgosaurus by the same company. We went to see WWD3D with my son when we visited Thailand.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

SBell

Quote from: Dinomike on June 11, 2015, 06:47:46 PM
Wow! 20 each is a lot - considering these are probably part of a soda+popcorn set which sells for a couple of dollars...still, that Indominus rex is pretty good! I have a gorgosaurus by the same company. We went to see WWD3D with my son when we visited Thailand.

There is a company that seems to get movie-theatre toy licenses. They had them for Age of Ultron as well. I will probably go see the movie, and this might be how my son gets his I. rex. Looks decent enough.

stargatedalek

Aren't I lucky, those are the same brand of cup toppers we get here! Hopefully I can get at least the indominus when I go to the film in a few hours ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 11, 2015, 09:03:58 PM
Aren't I lucky, those are the same brand of cup toppers we get here! Hopefully I can get at least the indominus when I go to the film in a few hours ;)

Very lucky!

Our theater got in one shipment of JW cups ( no toppers) and they were gone last week.

Cammy

I went and saw the film yesterday morning and was blown away, it was so intense! The dino-fighting was incredible, I was so emotionally involved with these animals, even more than the humans (who were all well played with great character development). I can't wait to see it again. Unfortunately I didn't notice any promotional items at my local cinema, although other people have posted photos of a cup topper in the shape of a split hardhat, so I'll have to go back and see if I can get that when I see it again.

Also, I finally got the Indominus Rex V.S Ankylosaurus double pack, which is exclusive to Myer here in Australia. I'm so glad I waited instead of impulsively buying the single toy, because this one has a nicer paint job and the cool UV light-revealing stripes.

I've got to tell you, without spoiling it, some of the rumours about Indominus Rex seem to be untrue, like she's not poisonous.

Arul

Yes just browse it on google i love the detail on irex, unfortunately this item isnt available in indonesia. The nearest from indonesia who sell it is in philiphines, my friend told me almost all theater in philippines selling this. Members from philippines buy it before all sold out  :D

Shadowknight1

http://news.toyark.com/2015/06/11/chronicle-gets-jurassic-movie-series-license-161724

Bam.  Screw you Hasbro, these guys are coming to town.  Let's hope that they give us what we want from our JP/JW merchandise.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 11, 2015, 09:08:53 PMVery lucky!

Our theater got in one shipment of JW cups ( no toppers) and they were gone last week.
Sad to report I didn't spot any JW tie-ins. But there's still hope, those are definitely the brand of cups we get here, and the film technically doesn't release until tomorrow so its entirely reasonable they wouldn't have them out yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 12, 2015, 01:29:19 AM
http://news.toyark.com/2015/06/11/chronicle-gets-jurassic-movie-series-license-161724

Bam.  Screw you Hasbro, these guys are coming to town.  Let's hope that they give us what we want from our JP/JW merchandise.

I'll have to wait til I see what they offer. I've heard their prop replicas are quite pricey. Now if the make figures and scaled models for a good price, no more than  a Sideshow I might go for it.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 06:55:08 AM

I'll have to wait til I see what they offer. I've heard their prop replicas are quite pricey. Now if the make figures and scaled models for a good price, no more than  a Sideshow I might go for it.

Just checked their web-site and a 24 inch Terror Dog from Ghost Busters cast from the original FX mould sells for $500 and $600 for two different editions but they don't explain the differences. At those prices I'll have to stick with the original Horizon models.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 12, 2015, 01:47:06 PM

Just checked their web-site and a 24 inch Terror Dog from Ghost Busters cast from the original FX mould sells for $500 and $600 for two different editions but they don't explain the differences. At those prices I'll have to stick with the original Horizon models.

Yeah I saw those as well, sounds like a higher end line.  But "figures" to me sounds like something maybe more  in line with Hot Toys stuff? I'm game at 1-150.00 or so. Maybe a bit more if it's a really cool larger piece. 

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on June 12, 2015, 01:47:06 PM

Yeah I saw those as well, sounds like a higher end line.  But "figures" to me sounds like something maybe more  in line with Hot Toys stuff? I'm game at 1-150.00 or so. Maybe a bit more if it's a really cool larger piece.

There are some pictures of an unfinished T rex on that news feed that look about the same size and quality as the Horizon T rex. They were asked on their Facebook page if they could get there hands on the sick Tricertops model mould from JP and they said "perhaps" or something to that effect. I wouldn't mind a JPIII Spinosaurus from the original mould but I would prefer a kit and they don't seem to make those. I guess I would go for a figure based on the mould in the $150 range.

pylraster

Yeah, there were some of those toppers here in the Philippines, but not all theaters though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: