News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: Victorias Cantina on June 29, 2015, 11:04:55 PM
Thank you. I've seen that image somewhere, and I think they said they were adding another piece to it. I love dinosaur models, but I'm not too fond of dead dinos. If I bought the T-Rex, I don't know that this is a base I'd want to purchase.

In my opinion rebor king trex have a nice gesture to combine with other figure and make it looks like a fight scene or maybe a trex prepare to feast on it prey. Soon rebor also make a theropod nest which i think it looks good for rebor trex, plus another piece (if i not forgot the name is "revenge", after the fallen trike queen) will be coming soon too. Rebor have a lot of project for rebor trex  :D

Shonisaurus

The base of female triceratops is magnificent. I remember his body crushed one of the images of Planet Dinosaur mapusaurus BBC. I mean the mapusaurus crushed by a argentinosaurus.

indominus rex

Someone on Rebors Facebook page asked them if they will ever make a 1/35 scale Megaladon and they said that after they release there Mosasaur ( in the post they said they're still working on it.) They will make a Megaladon in the future. That's awesome in my opinion since there aren't any good Megaladon replicas out in the market and I have a feeling that Rebor will make an excellent model of the Megaladon.

DinoLord

Hopefully it won't look like a giant great white shark like every other Megalodon reconstruction out there...

Arul

Quote from: indominus rex on June 30, 2015, 02:51:17 AM
Someone on Rebors Facebook page asked them if they will ever make a 1/35 scale Megaladon and they said that after they release there Mosasaur ( in the post they said they're still working on it.) They will make a Megaladon in the future. That's awesome in my opinion since there aren't any good Megaladon replicas out in the market and I have a feeling that Rebor will make an excellent model of the Megaladon.

Sounds good. They said if the mosasaur succes in the market they will going to plan a megalodon, i think that means megalodon is still so far from "coming soon" hehehe

tanystropheus

Quote from: DinoLord on June 30, 2015, 03:01:29 AM
Hopefully it won't look like a giant great white shark like every other Megalodon reconstruction out there...

Are there any subtle differences that should separate a Megalodon model from its great white shark counterpart?

joossa

Quote from: Victorias Cantina on June 29, 2015, 10:43:54 PM
Thank you guys for the information. I'm quite novice when it comes to REBOR. I've collected Papo models for years and have been very happy with them. So I was quite disappointed when my Utahraptor's arm fell out and the figure began to sag so much that it looked like it was jumping into the ground.

It sounds like the Ceratosaurus might be more my cup of tea, and I love the display base it comes with. But I'm genuinely concerned about another situation where I have a beautifully sculpted and decorated model, but it won't function as it should. Do we know if all REBOR Ceratosaurs have this issue? I'm also sort of considering the King T-Rex even though it's obviously not the most accurate version out there.

CityRaptor... thank you! I take it you follow me on YouTube?

I own only the Rex and Ceratosaurus and I like them both equally for different reasons. I don't like the Yutyrannus or the Raptor. The Rex is a big boy, spot light hog with lots of grandeur on my shelf. To me, he is very aesthetically pleasing. The Ceratosaurus does has the feet issue, but if you can get past that, it's a very exquisite model with tons and tons of detail.
Like most of these decisions, it will depend on what you are looking for. Maybe just get both. The Acro will be released soon and it's looking pretty promising. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: indominus rex on June 30, 2015, 02:51:17 AM
Oh, not another oversized great white. REBOR, go for the sandtiger-like body plan, it is the most likely and will actually make it look original.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tanystropheus

Thank you guys for the information. I'm quite novice when it comes to REBOR. I've collected Papo models for years and have been very happy with them. So I was quite disappointed when my Utahraptor's arm fell out and the figure began to sag so much that it looked like it was jumping into the ground.

Stabilized Utahraptor [via 2" acrylic riser]

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: joossa on June 30, 2015, 05:25:50 AM

It sounds like the Ceratosaurus might be more my cup of tea, and I love the display base it comes with. But I'm genuinely concerned about another situation where I have a beautifully sculpted and decorated model, but it won't function as it should. Do we know if all REBOR Ceratosaurs have this issue? I'm also sort of considering the King T-Rex even though it's obviously not the most accurate version out there.

CityRaptor... thank you! I take it you follow me on YouTube?

I own only the Rex and Ceratosaurus and I like them both equally for different reasons. I don't like the Yutyrannus or the Raptor. The Rex is a big boy, spot light hog with lots of grandeur on my shelf. To me, he is very aesthetically pleasing. The Ceratosaurus does has the feet issue, but if you can get past that, it's a very exquisite model with tons and tons of detail.
Like most of these decisions, it will depend on what you are looking for. Maybe just get both. The Acro will be released soon and it's looking pretty promising. :)

Thanks for the photo! That's a great comparison pic and really helps. I suppose I might just go with the T-Rex next... the fact that they're still going to support it with other accessories is promising. I really love my Papo Rexes, though, so hopefully this one blows me away and becomes my go-to rex for my dino shelf.

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2015, 05:43:32 AM

Thanks for the photos! That's definitely a fix. Just seems like you shouldn't have to go to such lengths to support the poor guy.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2015, 04:38:25 AM

Are there any subtle differences that should separate a Megalodon model from its great white shark counterpart?
The only remains we have of megalodon are its teeth and some vertebrae. Not nearly enough to claim conclusively what it looked like. People just suffer from this preconceived notion that megalodon was a giant white shark, so they never bother to even consider it might not have been. ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victorias Cantina on June 30, 2015, 05:44:54 AM

Thanks for the photos! That's definitely a fix. Just seems like you shouldn't have to go to such lengths to support the poor guy.
[/quote]

Glad I could help. It was a trial and error process. I tried a number of methods before arriving at that one.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 30, 2015, 03:26:25 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2015, 04:38:25 AM

The only remains we have of megalodon are its teeth and some vertebrae. Not nearly enough to claim conclusively what it looked like. People just suffer from this preconceived notion that megalodon was a giant white shark, so they never bother to even consider it might not have been. ;)

Interesting. I just noticed that Sand Tiger Sharks, Hammerhead Sharks and Great White Sharks all have different shaped teeth. And, since the Megalodon teeth resembles that of great whites, doesn't it make sense to deduce that it is a larger great white type shark? Also, I wonder if the vertebrae gives any further clues regarding its phenotype.

stargatedalek

Teeth at best can give us an animals diet, so that is still no reason to depict it as a giant white shark.

indominus rex

I think it's generally accepted that Megaladon looks like a Great White Shark, mainly because of it's teeth. However that might not be the case, personally I don't think we'll ever 100% know and the idea of a 20 meter Great White Shark is accepted by most paleontologists and the evidence suggests that it could exactly that.

I'm also curious if Rebor is going to base there Mosasaur off the one in Jurassic World or look completely different, either way it should be awesome.

Personally I'm wanting a more Jurassic World styled Mosasaur since I love the movies take on the creature.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: indominus rex on July 01, 2015, 01:00:53 AM
I think it's generally accepted that Megaladon looks like a Great White Shark, mainly because of it's teeth. However that might not be the case, personally I don't think we'll ever 100% know and the idea of a 20 meter Great White Shark is accepted by most paleontologists and the evidence suggests that it could exactly that.

I'm also curious if Rebor is going to base there Mosasaur off the one in Jurassic World or look completely different, either way it should be awesome.

Personally I'm wanting a more Jurassic World styled Mosasaur since I love the movies take on the creature.

I wouldn't mind that myself....that Mosa did look pretty cool.

suspsy

There's ongoing debate as to whether megalodon should be classified as Carcharodon (which would put it in the same family as the great white shark) or Carcharocles. Hence the proper academic term for the time being is C. megalodon.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/species/m/megalodon.html
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on July 01, 2015, 04:17:29 AM
There's ongoing debate as to whether megalodon should be classified as Carcharodon (which would put it in the same family as the great white shark) or Carcharocles. Hence the proper academic term for the time being is C. megalodon.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/species/m/megalodon.html

Fascinating paper. It also had me wondering why C. megalodon went extinct in the first place, especially when it overlapped with the great white shark. It seemed to me as if C. megalodon had the upper hand (or fin)...

I think REBOR could make a beautiful C. megalodon (or giant great white shark?). I wonder if they will go for the elegant, minimalist streamlined look or the jaws movie monster style ...either way, I'm interested.

tanystropheus

Quote from: indominus rex on July 01, 2015, 01:00:53 AM

Perhaps, REBOR will make a Mosasaur that is somewhere in-between JW and the Sideshow depiction. I hope they don't make it heavy on scales or scutes and give it some semblance to a monitor. If they can make the Sideshow model appear intimidating...that might work as well. It is said to be 50 cm in length (Is this even 1/35 scale?). What species of Mosasaur would conform to 1/35 scale 50 cm length? I think the JW version was upscaled...

tanystropheus

I've stated this before, but I believe REBOR has the potential to make a showstopping Concavenator. It seems to fit the REBOR style and might even, dare I say, one-up the Acro (especially, if they pay attention to all the details). However, they should probably take a brief break from theropods after the release of the Acro and redesigned Y-rex...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: