News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

guess they arent taking any chances between the feet and the base both,.......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Fluffysaurus

New picture is to be found on the Rebor fb site in the tail topic.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

DinoToyForum

Even though the reaction is often mixed, I still think it would be nice if Rebor posted a forum thread with images for each of their figures, as they did in the early days. Each model generates so much discussion, it would be worth it! The new figures get rather lost in this thread, and I for one have lost track of what they are releasing. Not everybody uses Facebook. If Rebor don't want to do it themselves, maybe someone could do so on their behalf?

Arul

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2015, 12:49:50 PM
Even though the reaction is often mixed, I still think it would be nice if Rebor posted a forum thread with images for each of their figures, as they did in the early days. Each model generates so much discussion, it would be worth it! The new figures get rather lost in this thread, and I for one have lost track of what they are releasing. Not everybody uses Facebook. If Rebor don't want to do it themselves, maybe someone could do so on their behalf?

Emm you mean just copy-paste what rebor explained on facebook to this forum ? How about if some member need a further explanation about the model, only rebor be able answer it right ?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ARUL on July 15, 2015, 12:55:16 PM

Emm you mean just copy-paste what rebor explained on facebook to this forum ? How about if some member need a further explanation about the model, only rebor be able answer it right ?

Sort of, but include a variety of photos in the original post too. It would be a thread for members to share their photos of the figure, and comment/praise it. As it stands, those sort of 'specific' things get buried in this 'general' thread.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Troodon on July 15, 2015, 11:02:10 AM
What new picture?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

That head picture is not the REBOR Acro, it is a resin kit by creative beast http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/acrocanthosaurus-version-2-resin-kit-by-creativebeast/

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Dobber on July 16, 2015, 12:45:41 PM

That head picture is not the REBOR Acro, it is a resin kit by creative beast http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/acrocanthosaurus-version-2-resin-kit-by-creativebeast/

Chris
I am sorry i was unaware of that,  :o. Will watch out next time
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Arul

Quote from: Dobber on July 16, 2015, 12:45:41 PM

Chris

The picture in the comment right ? Yeah they looks nearly similiar hehehe

joossa

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2015, 12:16:05 AM

Sort of, but include a variety of photos in the original post too. It would be a thread for members to share their photos of the figure, and comment/praise it. As it stands, those sort of 'specific' things get buried in this 'general' thread.

Dr. Admin, I see what you are referring to and I can volunteer to do this over the next week or so if you'd like for the newer stuff Rebor has announced and that we do not have an individual thread/topic for. The threads will be in line with what the old Rebor rep was doing beforehand. I haven't seen Ms. Rebor (the new rep) stop by and post in a while.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: joossa on July 16, 2015, 05:28:46 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 16, 2015, 12:16:05 AM

Dr. Admin, I see what you are referring to and I can volunteer to do this over the next week or so if you'd like for the newer stuff Rebor has announced and that we do not have an individual thread/topic for. The threads will be in line with what the old Rebor rep was doing beforehand. I haven't seen Ms. Rebor (the new rep) stop by and post in a while.

That would be great, if you wouldn't mind :) If Rebor want to take over again in the future, that's their prerogative :)

Viking Spawn

I think the new teasers for the Rebor Acro look fantastic!   Let's up hope this one is available by September/October.

As for future Rebor releases, I hope their Allosaurus (species?) is next since I never get tired or theropods or their "revenge" face off with a Triceratops!   That would indeed cap off a great year thus far!

As for 2016 releases, I hope to see a Stegosaur, Giganotosaurus, or a Parasaurolophus.   ;)

Arul

August for the acro they said

Victoria's Cantina

I really like what REBOR has done so far. Especially with the Acro, they've accomplished some beautifully detailed predator dinosaurs. I'd really like to see them do some herbivorous, non-dead dinosaurs as well. For example, I don't believe any company has done Stegosaurus (my favorite dinosaur) justice quite yet. The Papo one is simply OK in my book, and I'm sure REBOR could do something great with it. Here's hoping for more herbivores!

Arul

Rebor combining movie monster (monster : cruel, meat eater, beast, bad attitude, fierce-looking) and scientific accurate dinosaur they said, i've never seen herbivore monster...lol just kidding, for the herbivore, trike they will make that for sure  :D

Viking Spawn

Triceratops or Stegosaurus will look fantastic given proper REBORIZATION.   ;)  >:D

But seriously, these are two interesting armored types....  I also wouldn't mind seeing a cool Styracosaurus. 

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: ARUL on July 19, 2015, 11:49:05 PM
Rebor combining movie monster (monster : cruel, meat eater, beast, bad attitude, fierce-looking) and scientific accurate dinosaur they said, i've never seen herbivore monster...lol just kidding, for the herbivore, trike they will make that for sure  :D

LOL. They can call it whatever they wanna call it. Heck, they can slap their "museum quality" label on it if they want. If it's an awesome looking and detailed herbivore that stands without any trouble, I'm in!

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 03:16:21 AM
Triceratops or Stegosaurus will look fantastic given proper REBORIZATION.   ;)  >:D

But seriously, these are two interesting armored types....  I also wouldn't mind seeing a cool Styracosaurus.

I think I'm just weird, but beyond more known dinosaurs like Stegosaurus or Triceratops or Apatosaurus, I'm not really into other relatives of those dinos. I've been like that since I was a kid. Kentrosaurus or Styracosaurus? They're OK, but I've never felt the desire to buy anything beyond the stegos and the trikes. Perhaps it's because they're more recognizable and more famous? I don't know. I think I'm genuinely just weird.

Viking Spawn

I wouldn't say you're weird...  Those are just the types you've become most familiar with.  For me, Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus are the 2 most recognizable dinosaurs I recall from my childhood and are still my top 2 favorites today.  Even if I live another 40 years (hopefully), I suspect my favorites will probably never change. 

Takama

Im probably among the minority, but If Rebor can dish out more then one Sauropod, Ornithopod, Armored Dinosaur, and creatures under 3 meters, i would be buying there products. Because what i seen released just does not impress me, as there all Animals that other company's have tackled.    And when i say more then one, i don't want multiples of the same species, i want a variety of genera.

I want to see them make the following

Sauropods
Brachiosaurus

Brontosaurus

Camarasaurus

Amargasaurus

Ampelosaurus

Ornithopods
Corythosaurus

Liveing Tenotosaurus

Olorotitain

Lambeosaurus

Iguanodon

Armourd Dinosaurs
SAuropelta

Euoplocephalus

Edmontonia

Ankylosaurus

Animals under three meters
VElociraptor

Protoceratops

Guanlong

Compsognathus

Any Prehistoric Bird

Shadowknight1

It's a long ways away, but I'm curious as to how their Saurophaganax, aka. Allosaurus maximus, will look.  But I think we'll get a look at a Mosasaur before that comes along.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: