News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 20, 2015, 04:21:14 AM
It's a long ways away, but I'm curious as to how their Saurophaganax, aka. Allosaurus maximus, will look.  But I think we'll get a look at a Mosasaur before that comes along.

Oooooh!  I can hardly wait to see THAT!!!!   :o

Arul

Takama, ankylosaurus/euplocephalus and amargasaurus sounds great for rebor style  :D

Victoria B, as long as the figure is 4 legs, i think it will not have standing problem  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 05:03:39 AM
Takama, ankylosaurus/euplocephalus and amargasaurus sounds great for rebor style  :D

Stegosaurus would be great since no mainstream company has ever released the 'perfect' Stego model. Regarding Ankylo, I would much rather have a different nodosaurid e.g. Edmontonia. I'm very pleased with the newer Ankylosaurus by Kinto Favorite 10/10 rating.

Amargasaurus would be awesome. I'm hoping that either Papo, REBOR or Side Show makes a high-end Amarga model at some point.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on July 20, 2015, 04:16:51 AM
Im probably among the minority, but If Rebor can dish out more then one Sauropod, Ornithopod, Armored Dinosaur, and creatures under 3 meters, i would be buying there products. Because what i seen released just does not impress me, as there all Animals that other company's have tackled.    And when i say more then one, i don't want multiples of the same species, i want a variety of genera.

I want to see them make the following

Compsognathus

I think a 1:1 scale Compy would be epic.

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 20, 2015, 05:53:32 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 20, 2015, 04:16:51 AM
Im probably among the minority, but If Rebor can dish out more then one Sauropod, Ornithopod, Armored Dinosaur, and creatures under 3 meters, i would be buying there products. Because what i seen released just does not impress me, as there all Animals that other company's have tackled.    And when i say more then one, i don't want multiples of the same species, i want a variety of genera.

I want to see them make the following

Compsognathus

I think a 1:1 scale Compy would be epic.

Yesss, i think so

Fluffysaurus

1:1 compy would be a great addition to my collection. Wonder why the other brands never released one?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Troodon on July 20, 2015, 11:08:26 AM
1:1 compy would be a great addition to my collection. Wonder why the other brands never released one?
Other brands have released one...check Dinostore US for a 1/1 scale desktop model Compy...expensive yes, but that is what you would expect to pay for something life sized.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

Wait i just check it, 1:1 scipionyx is good too. Maybe its not familiar like compy, JP spoiled compy to public :D

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 20, 2015, 11:43:43 AM
Other brands have released one...check Dinostore US for a 1/1 scale desktop model Compy...expensive yes, but that is what you would expect to pay for something life sized.
Oh yes! Very beautifull!! But i meant more like Safari Ltd, papo and so forth. But still amazing compy.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Viking Spawn

If Rebor released a 1:1 compy, I'd be first to buy one!  With their attention to detail that would definitely be a "museum" piece without a doubt! 

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 12:28:46 PM
Wait i just check it, 1:1 scipionyx is good too. Maybe its not familiar like compy, JP spoiled compy to public :D
The scipionyx is a nice piece too, I have both models. The Scipionyx needs no introduction to true dinosaur fans, as it is perhaps one of the most well preserved theropods ever found, and was the first dinosaur in Italy found as well. Regarding Jurassic park and Compies, I am sure it helped make them popular, albeit also reinforcing quite a few incorrect ideas and so forth related to the dinosaur, sadly.
   The desktop mode is nice, and quite the piece to own too...although they ship it in a massive casing because it is quite easy to break and has to be treated as such. I chance to have two of them, one repaired and the other original......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 20, 2015, 05:06:23 PM
Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 12:28:46 PM
The scipionyx is a nice piece too, I have both models. The Scipionyx needs no introduction to true dinosaur fans, as it is perhaps one of the most well preserved theropods ever found, and was the first dinosaur in Italy found as well. Regarding Jurassic park and Compies, I am sure it helped make them popular, albeit also reinforcing quite a few incorrect ideas and so forth related to the dinosaur, sadly.
   The desktop mode is nice, and quite the piece to own too...although they ship it in a massive casing because it is quite easy to break and has to be treated as such. I chance to have two of them, one repaired and the other original......
ohh thats cool. yes that is correct, even sideshow can crack too maybe because of an accident in shipping process...my friend have sideshow apatosaurus. and when he open the box, the model is little bit cracked on the abdomen..

Viking Spawn

Halichoeres

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 26, 2015, 01:51:25 PM
Hmm? 

So they're filling up a Tarot deck? That means the Emperor needs an Empress.

What I am most interested in, however, are the Fool and the Hanged Man.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZaZZU2

Maybe the Dimorphodons are the lovers?  :)

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 26, 2015, 01:59:41 PMWhat I am most interested in, however, are the Fool and the Hanged Man.
Tupandactylus and Meganeura anyone?  >:D

Fluffysaurus

What Will happen when the tarots are all opened? :o
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

utd7

I suspect that when the tarots are all opened they will still continue making these amazing dinosaur models if they continue to be a success.

I wanted to ask someone who has recently bought either the Yutyrannus 'Y-Rex' or the King T-rex whether they have the label underneath their base please as I am thinking of buying one of them and it would be nice if they had it.
We live in a Jurassic World

joossa

Quote from: utd7 on July 26, 2015, 05:19:13 PM
I wanted to ask someone who has recently bought either the Yutyrannus 'Y-Rex' or the King T-rex whether they have the label underneath their base please as I am thinking of buying one of them and it would be nice if they had it.

The Rex's base does not have it. It's probably just too small.
The Yutyrannus' base, from the reviews I have seen doesn't either. Not sure if this has changed in recent shipments.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: utd7 on July 26, 2015, 05:19:13 PM
I suspect that when the tarots are all opened they will still continue making these amazing dinosaur models if they continue to be a success.

Not sure what you mean by labels, but here are pics of the underside of both bases....

King T-Rex

Y-Rex

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: