News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Yes, more non-Carnotaurusus Abelisaurs would be welcomed. Unfortunately I think if REBOR plans to make one it probably would be Carnotaurus due to the name recognition. They've stuck with the more well known theropods so far. Buy hey, I would love to be proven wrong.

QuoteBy the way I have a mechanic friend whose nickname is Gwangi.

That's awesome! I wish my real nickname was Gwangi. I do have a lizard named Gwangi though, a mountain horned dragon.

utd7

QuoteThat's awesome! I wish my real nickname was Gwangi. I do have a lizard named Gwangi though, a mountain horned dragon

The extraordinary thing is that he actually doesn't know that there was a film called In the Valley of Gwangi, the nickname sort of came by accident. Great, I love those little dragons I would keep one if my mother wouldn't freak out.

To be honest a new Carnotaurus would be welcome too especially in REBOR's style. I like and own the Papo one but I think if REBOR were to make one it would top papo's.

We live in a Jurassic World

Dobber

I think a Carnotaurus may be too small for REBOR. They said Allosaurus Fragilis was too small....hence them doing Saurophaganax instead. Though they did make Utahraptor so... ???

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

joossa

Quote from: Dobber on August 09, 2015, 11:05:01 PM
I think a Carnotaurus may be too small for REBOR. They said Allosaurus Fragilis was too small....hence them doing Saurophaganax instead. Though they did make Utahraptor so... ???

Chris
They have mentioned a Carnotaurus in their line up. They are also making a trio of 1/35 Deinonychus.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Quote from: joossa on August 10, 2015, 12:30:58 AM

Chris
They have mentioned a Carnotaurus in their line up. They are also making a trio of 1/35 Deinonychus.

Yes they are  :) they also mention allosaurus that time in older post if i not wrong

Viking Spawn

Their take on an Allosaur is the top of my want list at the moment!  Can hardly wait to see what pose it will be in too!  Allosaurs are usually depicted in some cool dynamic pose anyway...... 

Takama

Chris

Wel a Deinonychus would be small as well at 1:35, so whats stopping them from doing an Carnotaurus?

Victoria's Cantina

I'd also be interested to see what a Rebor Allosaurus would look like. Carnotaurus, not so much. I've said it before, but I'm all for a Stegosaurus. If it needs to be in an action pose, perhaps it could be crouched down swinging its tail in the air to prepare for an attack.

Takama

Im all for Obscure Herbivores. They gave us enough Theropods, its about time they give us more variety.  ::)     

Arul

Quote from: Takama on August 10, 2015, 03:25:08 AM
Im all for Obscure Herbivores. They gave us enough Theropods, its about time they give us more variety.  ::)     

You right, i cant wait for dimorphodon and tylosaurus !

utd7

If they ever decide to make a Therizinosaurus (I really wish they do), in keeping with their tradition of nicknames should call it the Chimera.

For those of you who don't know the Chimera was a creature in Greek mythology with different parts of animals like a lions head and tail with a snake head on it, basically a hybrid monster and I mean the Therizinosaur is the dinosaur equivalent in my opinion.

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on August 10, 2015, 03:20:07 AM
I'd also be interested to see what a Rebor Allosaurus would look like. I've said it before, but I'm all for a Stegosaurus. If it needs to be in an action pose, perhaps it could be crouched down swinging its tail in the air to prepare for an attack.
A Rebor stegosaurus in that pose would be beautiful. While I love the Papo one, it has that old fashion arched back, a downward bending tail that's too short, and tail spikes that are curved upwards, like it used to be depicted in the 1920's. Maybe a Rebor stego could be combined with allosaurus in such a way that complement each other? We have plenty of evidence of their often violent encounters in the fossil record, so perhaps they could draw inspiration from that.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: utd7 on August 10, 2015, 05:16:45 PM
If they ever decide to make a Therizinosaurus (I really wish they do), in keeping with their tradition of nicknames should call it the Chimera.

For those of you who don't know the Chimera was a creature in Greek mythology with different parts of animals like a lions head and tail with a snake head on it, basically a hybrid monster and I mean the Therizinosaur is the dinosaur equivalent in my opinion.

Might be a better name for a Deinocheirus. ;)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 10, 2015, 07:29:52 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on August 10, 2015, 03:20:07 AM
I'd also be interested to see what a Rebor Allosaurus would look like. I've said it before, but I'm all for a Stegosaurus. If it needs to be in an action pose, perhaps it could be crouched down swinging its tail in the air to prepare for an attack.
A Rebor stegosaurus in that pose would be beautiful. While I love the Papo one, it has that old fashion arched back, a downward bending tail that's too short, and tail spikes that are curved upwards, like it used to be depicted in the 1920's. Maybe a Rebor stego could be combined with allosaurus in such a way that complement each other? We have plenty of evidence of their often violent encounters in the fossil record, so perhaps they could draw inspiration from that.

An Allosaur vs. Stegosaurus diorama would be excellent!  Its happening with the King T-Rex vs. Triceratops so I'm hopeful Rebor reads this and puts the idea into their heads!   O:-)

Arul

Yes, actually rebor always visit the forum almost eveyday to see all thread of rebor discussion you can click in the users online list in the bottom of forum index when they are online  :P

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn link=topic=3099.msg108046#msg108046 date=1439266948
quote]An Allosaur vs. Stegosaurus diorama would be excellent!  Its happening with the King T-Rex vs. Triceratops so I'm hopeful Rebor reads this and puts the idea into their heads!   O:-)

I happened across this article the other day. This would be an interesting Rebor diorama, however painful and inappropriate it might be, lol - https://www.sciencenews.org/article/stegosaurus-landed-low-blow-dino-brawl
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 11, 2015, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn link=topic=3099.msg108046#msg108046 date=1439266948
quote]An Allosaur vs. Stegosaurus diorama would be excellent!  Its happening with the King T-Rex vs. Triceratops so I'm hopeful Rebor reads this and puts the idea into their heads!   O:-)

I happened across this article the other day. This would be an interesting Rebor diorama, however painful and inappropriate it might be, lol - https://www.sciencenews.org/article/stegosaurus-landed-low-blow-dino-brawl

Um...... Ouch................................................  :o

utd7

They did say they were going to do an Allosaurus, albeit a Saurohaganx apparently but so far no Stegosaurus mentioned but it is a given they will make one eventually.

They mentioned once they are going to make a Velociraptor vs Protoceratops but not sure if in 1/35 scale. That would be great  even though it might be a bit small.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Saurophaganax would be good.  To the general viewer it's just a large Allosaurus so would appease a few camps.

There have been a few Velociraptor VS Protoceratops pieces put out, will be hard to make something different.

Rain

Hello, where is everyone getting their REBOR figures from? I've been using big bad toy store and I'm wondering if there's a better site to get em from , as shipping one figure costs me about 40 bucks from BBTS

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: