News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurox

I just hope they do it, and soon.  :))

joossa

Quote from: Tim on February 14, 2016, 01:58:56 PM
Anyone else concerned with the future of the main 1:35 line?  It has been four months since we have seen or heard about anything new for it, outside of the gut wound to the dead Tenontosaurus.
I'm not concerned. Just impatient.  >:D
Hope they announce another release or releases soon.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Just talked with ED

They said that they will be focusing on the 1:6 Scale line for now

MLMjp

Quote from: Takama on February 19, 2016, 11:48:50 PM
Just talked with ED

Really?

Well, on one hand, that it gives me time to save money and try to get the Acro (If my parents allow me :'() before the rest of cool stuff comes out. But on the other hand that means that who knows when we are going to get the TON of stuff they have claimed they will release. Besides, if not able to get the Acro at least I need to get the Deinonychus trio.

postsaurischian

Just talked with ED

If that means more releases in the vein of their Dimorphodon models, than it's a good turn :).
                                                                                     ^  That was their greatest hit so far.

Takama

I just hope we can get new small species like the Compy

Tim

Well for the moment, I'm out.  They are way too scattershot in their releases and have mentioned a ton of animals that they evidently will not be doing for a while if at all.  A year and a half in and they still don't have a website . . .

empire3569

Just talked with ED

Well that's disappointing. Looks like I won't be getting any rebor's for quite a while, as I only collect the 1:35 line and have zero interest in these smaller animals and all their side projects. IMO they should just focus on the main line and really try to nail down the accuracy of their figures, which is starting to improve

Victoria's Cantina

I'd like their focus to remain the 1/35 line, and at the very least, it seems they have announced the dead Tenontosaurus with Deinonychus trio... so that will certainly be coming out this year. The juvenile dinos are also 1/35 scale. Beyond that, I don't believe they formally "announced" anything. They may have dropped hints here and there or suggested stuff they were working on, but that's not really an announcement in my view. In any case, at least temporarily, I'm fine with them focusing on 1/6 as long as the quality holds up. I loved the Dimorphodons but wasn't fond of the shiny plastic look to them. I hope the Compy has the more matte look of the 1/35 dinos, though I'd imagine it will probably also be plastic. 

MLMjp

Now that you are talking about Stegosaurus....I fear that Rebor might do a figure of a nomen dubioum dinosaur, since Stegosaurus armatus is now considered that, and they probably would go with the bigger version of the genre. Although it will be a surprise if they do S. stenops or S.ungulatus. S. ungulatus would be the best option IMO since it can also reach 9m long like the now dobius armatus.

Sim

Charlie P., "Papo" is not all in capital letters..: http://www.papo-france.com/en/page/apropos/iletaitunefois

Sim

No worries!  I've only seen it capitalised in sentances that are entirely capitalised.  I thought you might have thought it was capitalised...  Or maybe that you liked Papo so much you happily shout out "PAPO" each time!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well could make a good 1:1 young Compy.

DinoToyForum

There is a separate thread for the Rebor Compy.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Found it.

I just saw this post first, I usually start at the bottom and my way up in the new posted topics..lol

joossa

An interesting, short response from Rebor about making JP-esque models, quality, and scientific accuracy that sheds light on what's already obvious.

QuoteFB User: WOW! I never thought that I'm going to upset so many people smile emoticon I'm sorry if I've upset with something. I'm not a super rich guy, I work a lot, so I can buy on the market annually, best, paleontological interpretations. Believe me I love Jurassic Park, but has no connection with reality. It is pure fiction. I understand your anger. Toys from rebor cost 50-100euro and statues created by the latest scientific findings costs between 300-1000 euro, if not more... I do not want to get into polemics with anyone. Again, I hold all the eggs from Rebor, and you know why? Because I saw scientific improvements from one egg to another. Baby T-rex from Rebor look sensational, but velociraptor eggs look like aliens with big golden eyes smile emoticon. I do not understand how some people can say that Rebor, does not want models of dinosaurs that have a scientifically accurate when they claim that their models are museum quality???!!!! My collection is relatively small, I have friends around the world that hold collections of dinosaurs more impressive. Dear friends from Rebor, if you'll let the toys with cheap looking away and move on to serious things, then I will gladly buy sculptures from you. I almost forgot... I appreciate that you use PolyStone. You have huge potential, more so because you have a big number of collectors! PS: I will sustain as Reborn, create dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, right? Unfortunately nothing like even the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park 1993:( 

QuoteRebor: WE JUST DON'T WANT TO. Which word don't you understand?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

So is this FB user complaining about the quality of the toys, or what? I'm having difficulty following due to the somewhat broken English.

As for Rebor's response, that's fair enough I guess. I won't be buying anything from them in future, however. JP isn't my cup of tea and the unprofessional manner of the response is enough to turn me off for good.

I'll still enjoy my Acrocanthosaurus though. Thanks for that one, guys.

Tim

It would be worth noting that short response came after two punks harassed the thread a bit.  Sad that it all erupted when they were simply showing the two juveniles, which turned out very nice.

stargatedalek

I think the response also may have been in regards to the comment asking them to only make statues.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: