News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria's Cantina

People will always be anti-Rebor and largely, that is Rebor's own doing. "Museum quality," poor attitudes and childish behavior, balancing issues, having to spend more money to fix said balancing issues, rusting metal rods, ETC. That being said, you have to consider whether or not those things bother you enough to keep buying what they are selling. I happen to feel that the pieces themselves provide a dynamic not seen with most other dinosaur toy and model brands at or below that price point. It is clear that Rebor is not really going for accuracy despite what they may say at times, and they do seem to mostly cater to people who like the more visually striking angle they tend to go for. And of course, they offer Jurassic Park interpretations. That annoys some people, but in my view, JP fans simply can't get anything from the movie that looks as good as King T-Rex or Sentry or Winston at that price point without having to spend hundreds of dollars on Chronicle. And we all know Hasbro checked out years ago. So, they have things to offer that other companies aren't, and I understand that appeal. Personally, I mostly buy their product for those same reasons of high visual dynamic and the Jurassic Park aesthetic from certain pieces. I do appreciate accuracy though, and if they decided to make the most accurate models possible I would totally support that.

Killekor

Infact, i want to get the Compies only because are the most accurate Jp compsognathus.

Anyway, to everyone, i think that when REBOR says "Musem Quality" probably doesn't intends all the museums, Probably intends Jurassic Park Museums.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

CityRaptor

Well, they seem to embrace the "awesomebro" side of things, according to one of their facebook posts. And yes, they used that word.

I wonder if we will ever see the "Winter Yutyrannus".
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Killekor

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 15, 2016, 08:27:05 PM
I wonder if we will ever see the "Winter Yutyrannus".

I Will like that, a REBOR Winter Yutyrannus Will become the most accurate, and the best of the Market.

But i want to see a Rebor Microraptor.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Takama

Will they Finally GIVE us living Herbivores?

CityRaptor

Not sure if REBOR is sarcastic or not about congratulating Papo.
So some awesomebro herbivores from the next year or so. And the Stego is named Snarl?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Technically they did..baby ones at least if I recall.

Why do I hear heavy metal music in the background as I read that post?

MLMjp

If they make a Stegosaurus, they will be making an almost invalid species, since Stegosaurus armatus is now considered a nomen dubium and Stegosaurus stenops took the place as the type species.

Rathalosaurus

Quote from: Takama on December 17, 2016, 08:38:26 AM

Wait a second... OML THOSE ARE PAPOS!!! I thought they were Rebor.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Silvanusaurus

The names for the herbivores are ridiculous, it sounds like an assemblage of B-list super villains... will Meat Grinder have blood dripping from his mouth? Will War Pig come with a detatchable rocket launcher? Will Snarl be a foul mouthed ex-con, with nothing left to lose? I hope he has a goatee and a scar across one eye. I'm pretty sure they aren't being sarcastic about Papo, given that all three of those Papo theropods blow anything Rebor can do out of the stratosphere.

Derek.McManus

The names are a bit silly but I will be interested to see the Stegosaurus and the Styracosaurs anyway.

Jose S.M.

Interesting. I'm still not completely sold on the existent Stegosaurus, some are really good but all have something that keeps me from getting them, maybe I should wait to see what they offer.

AcroSauroTaurus

Well, they confirmed a bunch of herbivores are on the way. The names are kinda cool actually, but they could've named the Styraco "Gladiator", the Anky "War Hammer", and the Stego "Thagomizer". And Ironically, Snarl is the name of the Stegosaurus Dinobot, coincidence?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Rain

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 17, 2016, 01:35:39 PM
The names for the herbivores are ridiculous, it sounds like an assemblage of B-list super villains... will Meat Grinder have blood dripping from his mouth? Will War Pig come with a detatchable rocket launcher? Will Snarl be a foul mouthed ex-con, with nothing left to lose? I hope he has a goatee and a scar across one eye. I'm pretty sure they aren't being sarcastic about Papo, given that all three of those Papo theropods blow anything Rebor can do out of the stratosphere.

They're just names. As silly as they are, dinosaur toy names are a pretty trivial thing to get worked up over.

Quote from: Takama on December 17, 2016, 08:38:26 AM

Hopefully some of them are decent enough to purchase

Shonisaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 17, 2016, 02:25:06 PM
Well, they confirmed a bunch of herbivores are on the way. The names are kinda cool actually, but they could've named the Styraco "Gladiator", the Anky "War Hammer", and the Stego "Thagomizer". And Ironically, Snarl is the name of the Stegosaurus Dinobot, coincidence?

Are you seriously going to make and market Rebor three herbivores? That is good news. Let us hope that the styracosaurus makes a good pair with figuras like Collecta, and also ankylosaurus and stegosaurus.

It seems that Rebor is encouraged. I'm noticing that all the dinosaur companies are throwing the house out the window, as far as producing figures, Safari was the first, Collecta (this year in smaller number), Schleich, Papo and now Rebor.

I'm not so used to making so many dinosaur figures in a year.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2016, 02:36:28 PM

Are you seriously going to make and market Rebor three herbivores? That is good news. Let us hope that the styracosaurus makes a good pair with figuras like Collecta, and also ankylosaurus and stegosaurus.

I have nothing to do with Rebor, I was simply stating how the names could've been changed to make more sense. Plus I'm making my own figure line anyway.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Rain on December 17, 2016, 02:36:20 PM
They're just names. As silly as they are, dinosaur toy names are a pretty trivial thing to get worked up over.

That wasn't getting 'worked up'. I was embracing their silliness, not complaining about it, if anything, I'd rather see the figures I described than what they are likely to be in reality, it would be much more interesting. I wouldn't buy them, but it would be interesting.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 17, 2016, 03:21:05 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2016, 02:36:28 PM

I have nothing to do with Rebor, I was simply stating how the names could've been changed to make more sense. Plus I'm making my own figure line anyway.

Sorry, I know you have nothing to do with Rebor but as you talked about the herbivorous dinosaurs that I have already visualized on facebook that they will release next year, I thought there was news about more Rebor dinosaurs so I asked.

Anyway, I completely agree with you. It seems cloying to me that they put mottoes to their Rebor figures, regardless of whether they are based on the figures of Jurassic Park.

The Atroxious

See, I really like the names myself. They remind me of Mad Max, and that's always a good thing. Anyway, the world needs more villainous herbivores. I'm tired of the carnivores always being the bad guys, as though herbivores never go around bullying and killing other animals in real life.

I actually like the name " Meat Grinder" for the Styracosaurus. I prefer "War Hammer" over "War Pig" since Ankylosaurs aren't even remotely piglike. "War Pig" would better suit a heterodontosaur I think. "Snarl" seems completely unsuited for a Stegosaurus since having a beak would make snarling impossible, though I've never been a fan of the term thagomizer either. I can't really take it seriously given its origin. Maybe "Bladeback"? I don't know, I'm abysmal when it comes to creating names.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: