News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

It is basically a generic looking ankylosaur with the head of the actual Ankylosaurus magniventris.

Even if is not exactly the same (the spines on the sides should be bigger and pointing downwards) Does it not remind you of this?

If it does, then all I can say is: Typical of Rebor.

BlueKrono

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on June 03, 2017, 04:01:16 AM
As an Ankylosaurus, its bad, but as a figure in general, pretty good. Its definitely not a Euoplocephalus either, looks more like Saichania, or one of those other asian ankylosaurs. I still think they should've named it "War Hammer"...

War Hammer would be a much better name for it. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2017, 05:41:46 AM
It's clearly NOT an Ankylosaurus. It is mislabeled (perhaps, intentionally so, for marketing purposes). The MAJORITY of dinosaur models in the market that are labeled, "Ankylosaurus" are Euoplocephalus.

However,

The real question is: How accurate is the REBOR "War Pig" as an EUOPLOCEPHALUS? I know people are dodging this question (especially, those that have a bone to pick with REBOR because of personal issues with the company etc.) so that the model can be dismissed altogether. Yeah, I get it.

I understand that the Papo Ankylosaurus Euoplocephalus had problems with hip width...

It would be nice if someone was generous enough to upload an accurate illustration of EUOPLOCEPHALUS so that we can have a reasonable, fair and scientific-oriented, non-partisan discussion about accuracy.

It's not a very good Euoplocephalus either. Dyscrasia already posted that excellent diagram by Gregory Paul. Here's a skeletal reconstruction.

As you can see, the REBOR model's head is too large, the body is too short, and the arrangement and shape of the plates is wrong.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on June 03, 2017, 01:11:54 PM
MLMjp already posted that excellent diagram by Gregory Paul.

That´s Dyscrasia who posted it. Not me  :)) What I posted was a JW Ankylosaurus image.
I do not like to take credit from other people work  :))

Reptilia

After that JW Ankylosaurus image I'm a bit worried, I hope they won't take the Triceratops and Stegosaurus from the Gyrosphere scene as reference too.

MLMjp

Quote from: Reptilia on June 03, 2017, 01:57:55 PM
After that JW Ankylosaurus image I'm a bit worried, I hope they won't take the Triceratops and Stegosaurus from the Gyrosphere scene as reference too.

If you wanna know how their triceratops will be, just take a look at the fallen queen Triceratops corpse and imagine it with bigger horns and frill. So its safe to asume that it wont be A JP/JW rip-off. As for the Stegosaurus, try to imagine how an adult "Melon" baby stegosaurus would look like

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on June 03, 2017, 06:03:42 AM
It's Rebor we're talking about, asking for non-partisan discussion is like asking people to accept that Trump was democratically elected, basically impossible!
Democratically elected by a minority of the country as a direct result of both interference from another country and a newly implemented law preventing people with the same name from voting targeted at democrat voter demographics (*yes that really happened and it won him two swing states). Do I think the presidents campaign was aware of any of this? I don't actually care if they were or not because it shouldn't matter, if I'm playing a game and my teammate cheats I still don't win, so why did he win even though someone cheated on his behalf?
* http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-gops-stealth-war-against-voters-w435890

I understand we aren't supposed to discuss politics here, but it's unreasonable to let people get in remarks like this without expecting resistance, and especially after the atrocious behavior on display the past few days (Paris Climate Accord for anyone reading in future).

Reptilia

You're right, didn't think about their existing figures for those species. I wouldn't mind if they'd base their adult Stegosaurus on the one we see in TLW, sculpt-wise. The colour scheme of "Melon" looks right to me, albeit very common for Stegosaurus figures.

Sim

Quote from: Dyscrasia on June 03, 2017, 05:58:34 AM
I don't know how up-to-date this particular image is,

That's a typical chimera Euoplocephalus reconstruction.  In 1971 Walter Coombs synonymised Anodontosaurus, Scolosaurus and Dyoplosaurus with Euoplocephalus tutus and this was followed for several decades.  However, it was later found that these four ankylosaurids are actually four different animals and they are all considered valid again.  Unfortunately, many Euoplocephalus reconstructions have been based on that assumption that these four ankylosaurids were just one species, with the reconstructions consequently being chimeras that have features from more than one of these species.  The reconstruction above by Gregory Paul has the body of Scolosaurus with the head of Euoplocephalus and the tail club of Anodontosaurus.  The feature of this reconstruction that stands out as being incorrect for Euoplocephalus the most is the pointed tail club knob that is wider than it is long, which is unique to Anodontosaurus.  The tail club knob of Euoplocephalus should be round, like that of Scolosaurus.

In this post https://pseudoplocephalus.com/2013/05/20/who-oplocephalus-everything-old-is-new-again/ Victoria Arbour included this diagram summarising some differences between the four ankylosaurids:

Dyscrasia

This image was recently uploaded on Rebor's facebook page.

Blade-of-the-Moon

hmmm well ....its..a....dinosaur.  :?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2017, 05:03:06 AM
hmmm well ....its..a....dinosaur.  :?

It looks like a theropod embryo before hatching from the egg at first glance although it does not appear to be tyrannosaurus rex.

I have not yet seen the facebook page of Rebor but I would venture that it is made of PVC material.

Flaffy

IIRC it's meant to be a "chickenosaurus" embryo.

Faelrin

They have older images on the FB page calling it a "Chickenosaurus": https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/posts/1232142310246108

Something wishful thinking I have: I hope the adult Stegosaurus will have colors similar to Melon and Clover, if Hazelnut and the Fallen Queen (2.0) are anything to go by. I also hope it will have a base similar to Melon's and the Ceratosaurus, because of that sweet diorama potential.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

stargatedalek

"Chickenosaurus" and they still broke the wrists. GG REBOR.

BlueKrono

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 04, 2017, 05:05:43 PM
Are these edible gummies?

I don't know, but if I find one I'm eating it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

In the page of Reborn facebook they appear images of a supposed titanoboa that they are realizing and that will be made of flexible material.

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 08, 2017, 09:39:34 AM
In the page of Reborn facebook they appear images of a supposed titanoboa that they are realizing and that will be made of flexible material.

Well at least were getting something worth of our money from Rebor now.Better save up!

Blade-of-the-Moon

heh my standard reply when Rebor announces something : "I'll believe it when i see it. "

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: