News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: Rain on September 19, 2017, 05:35:19 PM

Megapiranha ?
If Rebor says it's a Megapiranha,then i will lose all faith i have in them,it's my favorite fish!

Rain

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on September 20, 2017, 08:32:23 AM

Megapiranha ?
If Rebor says it's a Megapiranha,then i will lose all faith i have in them,it's my favorite fish!

Why's that?  :o It looks good to me.

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: Rain on September 20, 2017, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Kaprosaurus on September 20, 2017, 08:32:23 AM

Megapiranha ?

Why's that?  :o It looks good to me.
I love the figure,but they can't make that into an accessory for the Dunkleosteus or the shark.I think it would be better if it would have been sold on it's own and labeled it Megapiranha.Sorry,just a sucker for accuracy when it comes to my favorite animals. ;D

Shonisaurus

What I do not like about Rebor are its detachable or removable parts. I think it's good that he makes his thighs articulated jaws (although I'm not a fan of such things) but I do not like the figures to be too articulate.

Apart from the danger of suffocation risk that can lead to a small child whose parents buy the product whose pieces of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals are removable, from my humble point of view is unsightly.

It is no longer just for the liking of fixed figures, but for the danger to future generations of such figures with these characteristics.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2017, 04:18:36 AM
I just realized the Dunkleosteus is upside down, so the articulation will be in the lower jaw actually.

Well, that's unfortunate. They're failing to take advantage of an opportunity for a really innovative take on Dunkleosteus, just like Schleich did.

The smaller fish is definitely a piranha. The placement of the fins and the overall body shape allow for very few other possibilities, and nothing from the Devonian. Devonian actinopterygians didn't have adipose fins or homocercal tails. I think Megapiranha also fits with Rebor's general taste for "like something modern, only bigger and more badass."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleodude

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 20, 2017, 03:24:13 PM
What I do not like about Rebor are its detachable or removable parts. I think it's good that he makes his thighs articulated jaws (although I'm not a fan of such things) but I do not like the figures to be too articulate.

Apart from the danger of suffocation risk that can lead to a small child whose parents buy the product whose pieces of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals are removable, from my humble point of view is unsightly.

It is no longer just for the liking of fixed figures, but for the danger to future generations of such figures with these characteristics.

Rebor has always been geared more towards collectors not children. There's still Papo, Safari Ltd, CollectA, and etc. if you want a safe toy.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Paleodude on September 20, 2017, 08:56:44 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 20, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

Rebor has always been geared more towards collectors not children. There's still Papo, Safari Ltd, CollectA, and etc. if you want a safe toy.

I know it's meant for collectors, but I sincerely prefer the time when they made dinosaur figures or more compact prehistoric animals like the pair of dimorphodon, acrocanthosaurus, compsognathus, ceratosaurus or triceratops dead to put examples, was a time when their figures did not were totally detachable. Not to say that figures such as carnotaurus, deinonychus or velociraptor in their different versions are beautiful. But as I have indicated I do not like articulated figures is perhaps a defect of mine in my appreciation.

That does not mean that there is a father who buys those kind of figures to a small child in good faith. The normal thing is that nothing happens but independently of that statement sincerely as I have indicated I do not thank you very much the figures articulated with members because in the medium term these figures can give of themselves in fact my deinonychus give themselves if unfortunately. I say it from personal experience and for me it is very frustrating being a lover of toy dinosaur figures. That the other toy companies do not do as you say seems fine, but honestly I would also like that the figures of Rebor were not articulated remind me of the figures that existed in my boy years as geyperman and madelman whose articulated figures caused problems of sustainability and for me was cumbersome and was not the only child of that time who complained about these shortcomings.

I prefer a Rebor like the one of the first epoch (that if improved as are the most recent figures), although it is not partisan I prefer that at most they have articulated these figures their jaws like minor evil.

And I say this with all due respect to members of the forum who dissent from such a position as is your case.

Reptilia

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 20, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
The smaller fish is definitely a piranha. The placement of the fins and the overall body shape allow for very few other possibilities, and nothing from the Devonian. Devonian actinopterygians didn't have adipose fins or homocercal tails. I think Megapiranha also fits with Rebor's general taste for "like something modern, only bigger and more badass."

As a figure on its own seems quite small and quite simple considering Rebor's standards. Unless, as previously suggested, it is intended to be part of a set of marine creatures, which would be interesting.

ITdactyl

I actually like this new project:  pairing movie monsters (GW shark from Jaws, Megapiranha) with real prehistoric creatures (Meg and Dunk).  I wonder if they'll continue this with the dinosaurs.

stargatedalek

Megapiranha is a real animal ;)

I bet the piranha will be sold on its own, it's not much smaller than the Compsognathus.

Shonisaurus

Latest announcement from the company Rebor Velociraptor Alex will be available in October. I pass the facebook link,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1316205555173116/?type=3&theater

utd7

Really excited about Dunkleosteus which is a really unusual and alien looking fish which unlike something like a Megalodon, which is portrayed as looking similar to a Great White or any generic mackerel shark. Don't get me wrong I would like Rebor to make a Megalodon but I would prefer them making a Xiphactinus or Rhizodus which are epic.
We live in a Jurassic World

Halichoeres

Quote from: utd7 on September 21, 2017, 03:44:07 PM
Really excited about Dunkleosteus which is a really unusual and alien looking fish which unlike something like a Megalodon, which is portrayed as looking similar to a Great White or any generic mackerel shark. Don't get me wrong I would like Rebor to make a Megalodon but I would prefer them making a Xiphactinus or Rhizodus which are epic.

I would buy a Rhizodus from them. Maybe also a Xiphactinus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2017, 07:15:38 PM
Quote from: utd7 on September 21, 2017, 03:44:07 PM

I would buy a Rhizodus from them. Maybe also a Xiphactinus.

Exactly. It would be nice for REBOR to not play it safe and really take the lead in a particular domain. Aside from the dead Tenontosaurus and the really dead Lourinhanosaurus, they haven't really introduced anything new or obscure.

Reptilia

The new Velociraptor that's been just announced for october is resembling Charlie, and it is called "Pete". Now the plot is clear, as they basically said the Jurassic World raptor squad have become the droogs from A Clockwork Orange. Here's a recap (plus easy predictions) of the raptors, each line is a different sculpt:

- "Winston" (a mix between the novel and original movie colour scheme)
- "Spring Heeled Jack" (same as "Winston") and "Alex DeLarge" (similar to Blue)
- "Sweeney" (TLW) and "Pete" (similar to Charlie)
- "Gunn" and "Rose" (JP3 male and female)
- "Dim" (Delta or Echo)
- "Georgie" (Delta or Echo)

The last two of my list will be paired with a counterpart in a different colour, probably again from the JP movies, and if Rebor's plan is to be trusted, at least seven different sculpts, then there will be a seventh model again in two different colour schemes. It's becoming pretty hard to decide which ones to get and which ones to pass on, especially if we will get 1/35 scale versions too.

Faelrin

I'd say this new Pete resembles Delta more (the dull teal raptor in JW, on the right in this image: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/7/77/Raptor11.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150804063128). Charlie was more of a vibrant green with black stripes (like the Papo green Velociraptor, or the one on the left in that image linked above). I pretty much have the raptor squad color schemes memorized now from all the JPOG modding I was doing shortly after the film released. Charlie was also my second fav of the bunch next to Blue, due to her color scheme, which is like a green version of TLW male raptors.

In any case I think this is another nice addition to their raptor collection. Would be nice to finally have stand in's for the raptor squad that's better then the Hasbro versions. Hoping to see the others released next year if not by the end of this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Delta is of a lighter green than Charlie, and doesn't have the black striping on the back, while Rebor's new raptor have such stripes and is quite dark-tinged overall. Admittedly it's almost an indefinable mix of green, blue and grey, a lot darker than both Charlie and Delta. But then again "Alex DeLarge" isn't that much screen accurate, aside from the distinctive blue stripes on the sides of its body. They're not painstakingly coping the various patterns from the movies, but I'd say they're still doing the best JP raptors to date. Not that Kenner or Hasbro were serious contenders on this.

Faelrin

As far as I'm aware that's a fan image and not official? I was going off the movie coloration's for them (which are even slightly different then the image above). All the raptors in the film had such stripes on their backs, legs, and arms (except Blue does not have the back stripes seen on the other raptors, since she has her own unique striping). Delta's are subtle however, and Charlie's were prominent. Honestly, I'd rather wait and see if there is one matching Charlie's colors closer, since this one just isn't doing it for me. I mean the Papo was close in terms of color scheme, but I like Rebor's sculpts more (and the arm articulation is a plus for me).

However you do have a point in regards to the accuracy. There is only so much they can do, and aside from Alex, Winston wasn't a one for one copy of the JP raptor color scheme either (I mean just compare that with the images of the maquette that are out there). As usual I'll wait for reviews to see how it looks. I'm sure it's still worth getting either way if one is going for a complete collection of all their raptors. Also is it just me or is this one in the same pose as Sweeney?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Yes, it's "Sweeney" counterpart, much like "Alex DeLarge" is for "Spring Heeled Jack". If they won't be out together I guess "Sweeney" will come shortly after. And if the protoype image they shown is anything to go by I definitely prefer "Sweeney" to "Pete". Also, "Sweeney" must be short for Sweeney Todd, so a continuation of the theme of english folklore they started with "Spring Heeled Jack". I can't make out what "Gunn" and "Rose" might reference though. Other than Guns & Roses of course, which would be disappointing.

tanystropheus

The positive: so many Stan Winston-style raptors to choose from!
The negative: so many Stan Winston-style raptors to choose from!

Hopefully, REBOR gets the raptor craze out of the system in 2017 so that they can focus on something new next year...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: