News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

tanystropheus

I know it is an April 1 joke, but I would love to purchase REBOR's raptor messiah statue.

Reptilia

Well, this was a joke, quite amusing:

but this is legit and supposed to come in april:

Still no herbivores then...

tanystropheus

Is the Chickenosaurus backlit? It looks lit in some photos.

Minmiminime

I believe so! Not my kind of thing, but definitely a novelty
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

The fetus of the dinosaur looks good, although I sincerely like more dinosaurs already formed although they are young. The positive thing that will be available in April and it is still good news. I hope you continue to market more products this magnificent dinosaur company.  :)

Reptilia

It should light up like the Tylosaurus fossil. Must be a prerogative of the oddities line.

Archosauria

Sorry to change the subject a bit, but this is general discussion about REBOR.

So I've heard several times before on this forum and various Facebook groups that much of the dinosaur-collecting community doesn't necessarily like REBOR very much. Why so?

I know their dinosaurs aren't very accurate and tend to be more AWESOMEBRO, but Papo's dinosaurs aren't always accurate either and the dinosaur-collecting community doesn't dislike them. Quite the opposite, really.

I don't own any REBOR products, nor have I ever seen one in person. Is it their hefty price tag? Quality? Costumer service?

I'm just rather curious, is all.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Takama

Quote from: Archosauria on April 10, 2018, 10:10:41 PM
Sorry to change the subject a bit, but this is general discussion about REBOR.

So I've heard several times before on this forum and various Facebook groups that much of the dinosaur-collecting community doesn't necessarily like REBOR very much. Why so?

I know their dinosaurs aren't very accurate and tend to be more AWESOMEBRO, but Papo's dinosaurs aren't always accurate either and the dinosaur-collecting community doesn't dislike them. Quite the opposite, really.

I don't own any REBOR products, nor have I ever seen one in person. Is it their hefty price tag? Quality? Costumer service?

I'm just rather curious, is all.

We have a thread discusing this

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6293.0

Dyscrasia

So this has been posted in Rebor's facebook page.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough JP inspired T. rex figures out there, but this does seem to go nicely as a companion piece with the first T. rex by Rebor.

Jetdin

i have never been a fan of JP's rendition of t.rex, but this latest version by rebor doesnt look half bad at all!

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Jetdin on April 11, 2018, 12:09:25 PM
i have never been a fan of JP's rendition of t.rex, but this latest version by rebor doesnt look half bad at all!

Funny, I have the exact opposite reaction. I love the JP rex, but this just seems... off. I think it's the excessive wrinkles and noodle arms.

Flaffy

hm... they're making a JP inspired rex when Mattel is already selling 3 amazing official licensed Rexes...
Interesting move. And again like the Dilo, something just looks off about it...

Rebor is just wasted talent. A JP rex is nice and all, but an original Rebor rex would've been mildly more interesting. So far they've done nothing but copy other rex designs to sell it as their own.

Also why the hell are they revealing a new figure when they still have yet to release 6+ other sculpted figures? And many more that were announced and never made into fruition. I bet you this Rex will be available before any of their much delayed models.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Flaffy on April 11, 2018, 02:20:22 PM

Rebor is just wasted talent. A JP rex is nice and all, but an original Rebor rex would've been mildly more interesting. So far they've done nothing but copy other rex designs to sell it as their own.

Agreed. Especially since Rebor have shown talent in recreating scientifically sound models, evidence by their Cerberus Clan.

Shonisaurus

On the other hand it is planned that this figure will be available in September-October according to Rebor, although honestly I do not believe anything of what they say. Still have not marketed any figure or even the velociraptor called "Sweeney." I want facts not words from Rebor.

As far as Rebor's tyrannosaurus rex is concerned, it looks pretty well finished and maybe I may have a future buyer in my case. But sincerely Rebor is based almost exclusively on theropods and carnivorous prehistoric animals (titanoboa, deinosuchus, sarcosuchus) at least in what they reveal in their future projects, except for the ankylosaurus all others are rather theropod (dilophosaurus, tyrannosaurus, vastatosaurus (non-existent dinosaur genre, it's fiction), velociraptor "Sweeney").

I would like there to be a faster commercialization of the figures of Rebor as it happened in the "good times" (acrocanthosaurus, deinonychus, carnotauxrus, ceratosaurus, yutyrannus, tyrannosaurus rex, triceratops corpse and its large number of velociraptors) to give a few examples.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's attention/cash grab.  Something guaranteed to play on the hype of the new movie.   Good idea from a business stand point.   

Why do they announce more figures than produce ? It's easier to announce things than to make things. If an item doesn't get enough interest they can sideline it or cancel it altogether with very little invested effort.   Annoying for collectors in general but it works again as  a business move.

At least it looks like the palms are facing inward.  I wonder what new fun music inspired name she will have?

Faelrin

I'm really not a fan of the detail work on this one, which barely resembles the JP T. rex at all. They did good with their raptors, I don't know why they couldn't just reference the maquettes or animatronics for their detail work here. Honestly even something like with King T. rex could have worked, since it had much more natural looking detail work then this one does. But they just have this thing now for this really excessive use of detail, that is just unnatural looking in the end, probably due to them taking the whole 'awesomebro' thing to the extreme.

Yeah I think I'll stick to Papo if I need a highly detailed JP T. rex, or honestly Mattel now since their (officially licensed) action figures are on point for film accuracy with the sculpts, and really only lacking in paint detail, but that's a balance for their price point with all the articulation and action features (and size too).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Digibasherx

I'm still waiting to see their "King Trident", which I'm guessing won't be happening any time soon.

Archosauria

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 11, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
So this has been posted in Rebor's facebook page.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough JP inspired T. rex figures out there, but this does seem to go nicely as a companion piece with the first T. rex by Rebor.
I don't like the arms. They look too long and stringy. Kinda like fettuccine alfredo noodles.
They personally offend me.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Reptilia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 11, 2018, 03:21:53 PM
I wonder what new fun music inspired name she will have?

They said "Killer Queen". And I'm glad I got rid of "King T-Rex", cause this one looks so much better. With JWFK coming I'm sure that this and the Dilophosaurus won't be put on the back-burner like everything else. Then add "Winston" and I'm pretty much fine with ultra faithful JP replicas. Unless they come up with a Spinosaurus...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: