News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

It looks less big headed and the head is kind of looking to the side, but  that could be the angle of the photo. Are the arms articulated? they are in a different position.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 19, 2018, 01:49:30 AM
It looks less big headed and the head is kind of looking to the side, but  that could be the angle of the photo. Are the arms articulated? they are in a different position.

I get the impression that the arms are articulated like their carnotaurus Rebor 2017 or the velociraptors of this past year.

The Atroxious

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 18, 2018, 07:41:17 PM
Despite the criticisms made in the forum against the Tyrannosaurus of Rebor, I see that it is one of the best theropods (if not the best) ever made by this company.

This, so much. Their biggest problems have traditionally been weird proportions, underdeveloped or absent musculature, and awkward poses. The Dimorphodon and "Ankylosaurus" notwithstanding, this seems to be the best figure so far. The only thing keeping me from considering it is that I don't buy Tyrannosaurus figures due to a general lack of interest in the genus.

Reptilia

Yes, seems like they adjusted the proportions there. Am I the only one finding silly these statue replicas used as comparisons with humans? I mean, the actual statue should be probably as tall as a real Tyrannosaurus.

Shadowknight1

So according to a post, their plans right now are War Pig(Ankylosaurus), Monty(Wha?), Green Death/Purple Haze(Obviously JP-style Dilophosaurus), Vanilla Ice(V-Rex), a Rebor Club Selection hatchling, Killer Queen, and King Trident.

They've also said that Killer Queen will have both brown and green color variants, so I guess you can choose whether you want JP1 or TLW rexes.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 22, 2018, 12:13:01 AM
Monty(Wha?)
I believe this refers to Titanoboa. (Monty Python?)
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Faelrin

I was honestly hoping they'd do a version of Killer Queen with the buck's color scheme. Though I suppose this is going to be much smaller then Mattel's smallest rex (Extreme Chomping), for me to use it to create a pair. I'm surprised there's no mention of that TLW raptor they had planned, since I don't recall that one being released (well I know that green one has the same sculpt, but not this color scheme)? No mention of the crocs either. I have a feeling the herbivores they announced got axed. At least the Anky got made (with 3 color schemes too).

Edit: Does anyone know how the Rebor raptors size up with Mattel's raptors?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on May 22, 2018, 01:23:10 AM
I was honestly hoping they'd do a version of Killer Queen with the buck's color scheme. Though I suppose this is going to be much smaller then Mattel's smallest rex (Extreme Chomping), for me to use it to create a pair. I'm surprised there's no mention of that TLW raptor they had planned, since I don't recall that one being released (well I know that green one has the same sculpt, but not this color scheme)? No mention of the crocs either. I have a feeling the herbivores they announced got axed. At least the Anky got made (with 3 color schemes too).

Edit: Does anyone know how the Rebor raptors size up with Mattel's raptors?

bit bigger.  they could be "the big one" against mattel's regular raptors?

Shadowknight1

It does occur to me that having two rexes and two trikes makes sense as there's a king and queen for both species in their diorama now.

Syndicate Bias

Heres to hoping they touch down on other theropods that arent in jurassic park

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 22, 2018, 03:03:35 AM
Heres to hoping they touch down on other theropods that arent in jurassic park
Or give us better, non-JP versions of the ones that are.  I know some people are happy about it, but I hate that they're basing their Dilophosaurus off of the JP creature.  The real dinosaur was much better looking and is grossly under-represented in toy form.  The only one I have is the Papo, and I stuck something under its right arm so it's propped up a bit rather than laying on its side.

Syndicate Bias

I just want a carcha vs spino from them lol

Sim

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 22, 2018, 03:12:23 AM
I know some people are happy about it, but I hate that they're basing their Dilophosaurus off of the JP creature.  The real dinosaur was much better looking and is grossly under-represented in toy form.

That's how I feel about Velociraptor.  The 2017 Wild Safari version is great, but I would really like to have another Velociraptor figure that does a great job at representing the real animal, but with a higher production quality than the WS figure.  I don't expect Rebor to ever make something I want to have though, especially if they keep making figures where the jaw connective tissue doesn't fully connect between the upper and lower jaws when the mouth is opened wide, which just seems like poor design to me.

As for Dilophosaurus...  After seeing the prototypes for the Mojo Baryonyx and Giganotosaurus, I've become very excited for the toy versions!  I've been thinking about what else I'd like to see the sculptor of those figures make for Mojo, and my number 1 choice would be Dilophosaurus!  I think this sculptor's style would work really well for Dilophosaurus!  I understand that, ironically, perhaps the most uncertain thing about Dilophosaurus is the exact shape of its paired crests.  However, a reconstruction of its crests having a "fuller" shape makes sense to me, for example Scott Hartman's reconstruction: https://scotthartman.deviantart.com/art/New-look-Dilophosaurus-553959249

tanystropheus

There is a possibility (a hint of sorts) that REBOR may eschew their awesomebro image in favor of one that is anatomically favorable.

According to REBOR's latest FB post:

Creative Beast Studio's The Beasts of the Mesozoic line is awesome. How did we know? Because we got the Dromaeosaurus albertensis from Everything Dinosaur and we definitely need to order more! That's right folks The Beasts of the Mesozoic figures are now available in the UK, head on over to www.everythingdinosaur.com and pick up these fantastic figures today!

Keep in mind that Creative Beast Studio's "The Beasts of the Mesozoic" is an academically oriented line that embraces accuracy above all else (with very minimal compromises in design philosophy). It is also worth noting that David Silva's ambitious project has received positive press coverage (e.g. Nerdist) on a number of popular media formats. This may encourage REBOR to find value in pursuing accurate dinosaur designs in the near future.

IrritatorRaji

Hm, that's interesting. I mean, I wouldn't really imagine that Rebor would openly talk about another companies products (not after what happened last time), left alone positively.

I do hope they begin to shift towards scientifically accurate models since their Cerberus clan are actually awesome figures, definitely my favourite from them. They've got the sculpting talent, I won't deny, so to see it go towards creating scientifically accurate dinosaurs would be awesome.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 30, 2018, 11:59:10 AM
Hm, that's interesting. I mean, I wouldn't really imagine that Rebor would openly talk about another companies products (not after what happened last time), left alone positively.

I do hope they begin to shift towards scientifically accurate models since their Cerberus clan are actually awesome figures, definitely my favourite from them. They've got the sculpting talent, I won't deny, so to see it go towards creating scientifically accurate dinosaurs would be awesome.
Agreed.  While I think they do well with their JP "inspired" ones, they need to balance that with the accurate ones like the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus pack.  Honestly, I'd like them to remake the Utahraptor with the fully feathered arms and the more robust look to it.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 30, 2018, 02:08:57 PM

Agreed.  While I think they do well with their JP "inspired" ones, they need to balance that with the accurate ones like the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus pack.  Honestly, I'd like them to remake the Utahraptor with the fully feathered arms and the more robust look to it.

I would prefer a utahraptor without articulated arms or with articulated arms (as it is the philosophy of Rebor) that are less flexible and more robust. In accordance with
Shadowknight1 in that aspect. We need a new utahraptor and if it can be biped from my honest opinion. On the other hand some scientific dinosaurs and a company of the caliber of Rebor would be great.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 30, 2018, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 30, 2018, 02:08:57 PM

I would prefer a utahraptor without articulated arms or with articulated arms (as it is the philosophy of Rebor) that are less flexible and more robust.

The articulated arms are a problem as they would often fall off the socket. However, it is also a great opportunity for REBOR to sell a separate pair of arms/wings that are actually full fledged to swap with the original. They could sell them for like $5 or include them as freebies with another dinosaur model. That's exactly what NECA did for their TMNT Movie Michelangelo figure (e.g. additional arms/weapons)

Shonisaurus

It seems that Rebor is going from strength to strength in relation to the production of figures here show the prototypes of dilophosaurus I send you a facebook link,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pb.555146104612402.-2207520000.1528727015./1571233966336939/?type=3&theater

And of tyrannosaurus or vastatosaurus, metaphorically speaking,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1571229346337401/?type=3&theater

The figures are pretty cool.

I understand that the dinosaur figures of Rebor (for example, the ankylosaurus) will be commercialized when the Jurassic Park movie "The Fallen Kingdom" is released in the USA.

Syndicate Bias

Im actually very excited for Vanilla Ice, hopefully its blue like its movie counterpart although the name does hint at that anyways...Its not that far off now!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: