News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 12, 2018, 05:46:59 AM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 12, 2018, 04:29:38 AM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on September 11, 2018, 09:47:06 PM
From Rebor's facebook page

- Many fans were asking about REBOR 1:35 female Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen - here's a quick shot of the plain variant before we send her to our factory. Both plain and Jungle variants will be released in the first quarter of 2019 so don't wait for her this Christmas

Sweet baby jesus just when I thought I could slow down on the rex collection. My wallet will be crying over the next few monthsssss.
Absolutely adore this rex, looking like a beaut and really shows how far Rebor has come as a company. Probably will grab both Jungle and Plain.
Not to mention their incoming Spino's (both scientific and awesomebro). Let's see how they all stand though.

I'm jealous of you, your favourite dinosaur gets dozens every year meanwhile the rest of us have to wait years for even one or two if we are lucky  :'( :'(

S @Syndicate Bias
Don't worry man, you know what happens after all the need for pop-culture hype dino's dies down? Well, more pop-culture hype dino's, but also more diversity.
Remember? You're about to get a PNSO Giga (literally the best PVC Giga on the open consumer market) guaranteed and a possible Papo Giga within the next few years.
And Carcharodontosaurus should follow soon after. It's only a matter of time.

Also, these rexes aren't such a good thing. I might have to start getting rid of them. Running out of room on my shelf.  :o

Faelrin

Looks a bit like the TLW female rex to me with the darker brown and stripes, which will no doubt pair very well with the jungle colored one, if it matches the male rex from TLW. I know people are sick of the raptors, but I would like to see them in the same scale as these rexes at some point. Ditto for the Dilophosaurus, especially if it is indeed Jurassic Park inspired. Although I would like to see them do more new dinosaurs beforehand.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

stargatedalek

I for one want to see them tackle more sci-fi monsters that aren't from Jurassic Park (AKA, that don't already have good licensed representation). I feel like that's where REBOR shines.

MESOZOIC BEAST

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 12, 2018, 05:35:17 PM
I for one want to see them tackle more sci-fi monsters that aren't from Jurassic Park (AKA, that don't already have good licensed representation). I feel like that's where REBOR shines.

I really hope that they don't go down that route, there is already so much of that kind of stuff out there

stargatedalek

Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on September 12, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

I really hope that they don't go down that route, there is already so much of that kind of stuff out there
I mean, it really is the route that they've been on since their first ever reveal. They've never been interested in making scientific models, they've always been doing monsters.

I would rather they do more models like the "V. rex" representing fictional designs that aren't well represented in figures, as opposed to rehashing the same Jurassic Park designs that every other company has already made.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 12, 2018, 07:21:53 PM
Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on September 12, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

I mean, it really is the route that they've been on since their first ever reveal. They've never been interested in making scientific models, they've always been doing monsters.

I would rather they do more models like the "V. rex" representing fictional designs that aren't well represented in figures, as opposed to rehashing the same Jurassic Park designs that every other company has already made.

Could Rebor make all the dinosaur fauna of the Skull Island and that is not only limited to the prehistoric animals evolved from the 2005 film there are many more like the sylvaceratops, ligocristus all those creatures can be found on the http: //kingkong.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures_Of_Skull_Island

It would be interesting for a company to make figures of those evolved and impossible dinosaurs.

Syndicate Bias

Rebor just posted their dilos on FB someone please post pictures I can't atm

IrritatorRaji

"Wonderful news for a boring Thursday - Male Dilo "Green Day" and female Dilo "Oasis" safely arrived at our factory today, look at these love birds!"

Even though they're JP inspired, they look great. Especially the bottom one.

Minmiminime

They are very striking, they look much nicer coloured, and they've done the JP inspired colour scheme well! Better than expected, but not for me 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, those recreations of dilophosaurus are very well and most importantly they are made with lips. I will choose in his day one of the two figures and preferably the less colorful, that is the lower.

I guess they will be available in the market soon. Rebor is replacing his expensive figures with base for less expensive figures but with the lure of buying their different versions of paint.

For now I am going to buy the two versions of vastatosaurus rex, they seem to me very well achieved figures even if they are not really real dinosaurs. But honestly, apart from scientific figures, I also like pop art figures like Rebor and their hyperrealistic details.

My congratulations to the Rebor company and thanks IrritatorRaji for sharing the facebook photos.

JohannesB

- Many fans were asking about REBOR 1:35 female Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen - here's a quick shot of the plain variant before we send her to our factory. Both plain and Jungle variants will be released in the first quarter of 2019 so don't wait for her this Christmas

Was Tyrannosaurus' tail really this lean/thin? I think it would be more beefed up with muscles and fat. I also don't like the long spindly arms at all. But surely an uprade to their first Tyrannosaurus model. I won't be getting it though.

JohannesB

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 10, 2018, 07:31:53 PM
New Stegosaurus pic

This one I might pick up (even if too little plates?) :-)

mgaguilar

Quote from: Archosaur on September 13, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

Was Tyrannosaurus' tail really this lean/thin? I think it would be more beefed up with muscles and fat. I also don't like the long spindly arms at all. But surely an uprade to their first Tyrannosaurus model. I won't be getting it though.

avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur It is disproportionately thin, although the lighting isn't helping; it's making the shadow on the bottom-half of the tail dissolve most of it visually. Check out their prototypes, it's seemingly not as bad.

Victoria's Cantina

It looks to me like the T-Rex is going to have one of those posable tails. I'd rather it didn't, but if it does, hopefully I can make it look nicer than just a straight tail like they have in that photo.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWas Tyrannosaurus' tail really this lean/thin? I think it would be more beefed up with muscles and fat. I also don't like the long spindly arms at all. But surely an uprade to their first Tyrannosaurus model. I won't be getting it though.

It is based on a made up creature, though (in this case, the Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus)

Although I think the tail looks just plain bad. It's unnaturally straight. The JP Tyrannosaurus never held its tail like that, it always had some sort of curve to it

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on September 14, 2018, 06:46:45 AM
It looks to me like the T-Rex is going to have one of those posable tails.
You are correct.
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 14, 2018, 10:05:08 AM
Although I think the tail looks just plain bad. It's unnaturally straight.
It'll have a posable tail.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Flaffy

To my eyes, the Rebor Dilophosaurus's skull looks so darn compressed, even more so than the JP Dilophosaurus.

Not a fan, likely a pass, again.

tanystropheus

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 14, 2018, 06:30:38 AM
Quote from: Archosaur on September 13, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur It is disproportionately thin, although the lighting isn't helping; it's making the shadow on the bottom-half of the tail dissolve most of it visually. Check out their prototypes, it's seemingly not as bad.

This is interesting because REBOR's red prototype T-rex had the tail girth right.

Shonisaurus

It is true that the Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen by Rebor is not a scientific work but it is very detailed. I will honestly buy the two versions when they go on the market. Although I sincerely understand and share the opinion of other members of the forum since they want scientific figures but in my case I am happy that Rebor makes recreations of prehistoric animals although they are based on Hollywood movies.

Although I have to admit that I would like Rebor to make dinosaur figures one hundred percent scientific. That would be great.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: