News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: DragonRider02 on October 15, 2018, 07:42:34 PM
When I first saw it I though it's a ridiculously long Leopard Spotted Slug wrapped around a stick lol

At first glance I thought it was a pic of two snakes mating before I realised that it was a REBOR post :P

stargatedalek

I love it. Gonna be a great Anaconda. No one will ever make an actual Anaconda this big so I'll take what I can get.

Faelrin

I'd like to be able to get it, but I don't know if I'll be able to commit to getting it what with everything else I've been getting. Still it will be a really cool piece for those that can.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

It looks magnificent that titanoboa is very well represented so it is not recommended for all people who have a phobia of snakes. A very well finished figure, although wrapped up in this way does not look good, it looks like a staff or stick related to medicine.

Minmiminime

They're very, very busy on the design front at the minute...Triceratops horridus skull https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1754125211381146/
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 16, 2018, 01:10:33 PM
...it looks like a staff or stick related to medicine.

I like the fact that my field is represented by a Titanoboa >:D . To be exact, a twin snake would be more representative of my profession (allopathic) but I think it's great that REBOR is creating brand awareness for Osteopathic Medicine. I absolutely love the alligator prey accessory.

IrritatorRaji

"If you want to create a diorama of a certain genetically modified evil raptor getting kebabed, this piece will work just fine."

Minmiminime

It's a very intricate, unusual and interesting reconstruction. I wonder what they're using for their references? This and the rex look as though they have a combination of references, making these very much their own thing whilst remaining within the constraints of knowledge. The jugals look quite downturned, rather than sticking out as they're usually reconstructed...something about a postulated similarity hippos is tugging at my memory 🤔 As well as something possibly said by Darren Naish counter to it, but I may (probably) be mistaken. Anyway, it's sterling work! 😁
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

MESOZOIC BEAST

Some thoughts on that updated REBOR Spinosaurus:
Spinosaurus was obviously a very large beast in its day, and at 1/35 scale, that REBOR Spino would have to come in as at least 40cm (15½ ins) in length...that would be some kind of pretty awesome display piece! I wonder if they will actually go with it

tanystropheus

Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on October 17, 2018, 08:15:41 PM
Some thoughts on that updated REBOR Spinosaurus:
Spinosaurus was obviously a very large beast in its day, and at 1/35 scale, that REBOR Spino would have to come in as at least 40cm (15½ ins) in length...that would be some kind of pretty awesome display piece! I wonder if they will actually go with it

I think it is possible because they have adopted a less expensive approach to materials with that line.

Minmiminime

MLMjp

I hope they release it in the first half of next year. :P

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mini Minmi @Mini Minmi The spinosaurus looks great thanks for sharing this link.

Rebor is clearly trained to make figures of dinosaurs pop art, based on films and is also trained by difference to make beautiful scientific figures from the point of paleoartistic and most importantly updated.

Minmiminime

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I wish I could post the actual pictures! I'm very happy with the direction they're taking with this line, the detailing is very naturalistic on this figure and it's a very graceful and imposing sculpt. I'd even accept this model as just as it is, unpainted and with seam lines showing loud and proud! ;D

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

From what I see the tail is flexible like the Tyrannosaurus rex Vanilla Ice. If one looks at the photos of the spinosaurus of Rebor in the first photo, the tail appears completely stretched and in the second is the zigzagging tail. Obviously the tail of the spinosaurus of Rebor (fabulous by the way) is elastic or at least it seems to me.

Ceratosaurus

Since it's been confirmed as a Grab 'N Go figure I would be surprised if it was to have the bendible tail. The Grab 'N Go line is aiming for a cheaper product and the bendible tails can't be cheap.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Minmiminime

I was thinking that! Actually the tail of their grab 'n' go T. rex looks similar, so maybe it's just quite a pliable material. It certainly picks up the detail though, and those teeth and claws look suitably sharp  ^-^

stargatedalek

Bendable figures are incredibly cheap to make, it's a one trick pony that Dollar Stores have employed for decades. You just need a cheap wire and a hollow soft plastic/rubber toy.

Would love to see REBOR switch to something better, maybe using loc-line or something similar instead of cheap breakable wires.

Ceratosaurus

Just for those wondering about the bendy tail on the Grab 'N Go, this was a response to a question on Facebook about the Grab 'N Go T-rex.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: