News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias That seems to be Rebor's triceratops. I suppose that it has an articulated jaw and is totally precious, it will make a good set with the sborosaurus and ankylosaurus of Rebor, although we will have to wait for them to be marketed as it should happen to the stegosaurus whose three versions will be available approximately on New Year's Eve in the period of Christmas.

I think it can be King Trident.

Faelrin

Man that skin on that Triceratops comes close, but just isn't quite there to be accurate to the integument discovered. At least they are finally going to make it though after all this time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Could Rebor's Spinosaurus be THE definitive spinosaurus figure?
Sail still looks a bit small to me, quad spino is a meme, and I'm personally not a huge fan with the way they did the scales.

Shonisaurus

Wow!!! That Rebor spinosaurus is superior to others that will be marketed soon. Rebor has raised the bar the photographs of the spinosaurus are sublime. Thanks Flaffy for these pictures. The spinosaurus is amazing and truly very cool and what I like (and I apologize in advance to the DTF) without apparently articulated jaw. It's awesome.

stargatedalek

While I'm still not a fan of the crocodile scutes or spiderweb sail, I have to say this is the definitive Spinosaurus currently on the market, and by quite the margin.

Safari's just goes way to far with the crocodilian influences for me personally, the Schleich and PNSO are shrink-wrapped (how do they even swallow!?), and the Papo is basically this one but with a fish fin on the tail.

MLMjp

That's a CHONKY Spinosaurus. A great looking CHONKY Spinosaurus

Shonisaurus

I believe that this Rebor spinosaurus will be the best in the toy dinosaur market ... although you could say that it is more typical of low-income collectors as is my case. It is superior to other brands. Thanks Rebor for your creations!

It is the best finished scientific spinosaurus on the market to date.

Rain

Wow. avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO do you guys have any idea as to when stores will have this and the rex in stock? I've been meaning to order the komodo but would like to get everything in one package instead.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Impressive. Scaling looks great and not as forced as in say the Rex.

Loon

This actually looks quite good; it'll be the first rebor figure I put in my collection. Though, the scaling still seems a little too uniform and overdetailed, it's much better than any of their other figures.

Silvanusaurus

Aaaaw yeah that's the Spinosaurus for me. It looks excellent, to me out of all the current options that is the one that looks most like an actual animal, even if it still has some questionable elements (which I think are pretty much unavoidable with this species). I'm very glad I waited for this rather than preordering the Papo.

tanystropheus

It looks to be the best Spinosaurus in the market, easily superior to PNSO and Papo.

Syndicate Bias

I wanna see the other two variants before judging it fully but needless to say I'll grab one or two of these same with the t rexes.

a GnG Carcha would be nice to go along the Spinosaurus I honestly think that'd be a good choice given how populated the market is getting with Gigas that Carcha is getting largely ignored. That and a GnG Ouranosaurus are welcomed  :))

Shonisaurus

What I would like Rebor to add to his collection of figures new unpublished species of dinosaurs and other prehistoric toy animals for which we are collectors. His figures are very beautiful but with the exception of the titanoboa, deinosuchus and sarcosuchus apart from the theropod dinosaur that is very similar to his new carnotaurus has not made Rebor rare and obscure figures of toy dinosaurs.

For example a tsintaosaurus would be a more exotic figure than a parasaurolophus and a chasmosaurus would be more exotic than a triceratops regardless of whether its new triceratops is great. On the other hand, I recommend Rebor to make other species of theropods belonging to the family of tyrannosaurus rex such as yutyrannus, which seemed to me to be a very beginning.

An alioramus, gorgosaurus, daspletosaurus, zhuchengtyrannus, alectrosaurus or albertosaurus for example would be good additions to the collection of Rebor figures.

Takama

Am i the only one who hopes that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  will make new versions of there more Common Species (Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Deinonychus) for the Grab N Go Line?

Chances are i am.

Loon

Quote from: Takama on December 01, 2019, 12:53:26 AM
Am i the only one who hopes that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  will make new versions of there more Common Species (Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Deinonychus) for the Grab N Go Line?

Chances are i am.

I can't see Ankylosaurus or Stegosaurus being redone so soon. The Rex and Spinosaurus make sense, rebor is more carnivore focused. I would love a better Acrocanthosaurus. As a new more accurate model of that species is definitely needed.

Faelrin

Wow I'm genuinely impressed with these Spinosaurus models (and the multiple color variations that they have been doing a lot lately). I sincerely hope we'll know the price (and size) of these soon. I certainly would like to get one of these the moment they are available. I may just hold off the Papo Spinosaurus regardless of it being limited edition, if these are on their way to being released soon, since despite all the options I still don't have one single model of Spinosaurus based on the modern short leg reconstruction, and Papo's was the one I was leaning on, particularly due to the color scheme (although it seems the final product has taken a hit in quality in regards to the paint app sadly), and its limited edition nature, despite its minor accuracy issues.

This model is certainly leagues ahead of the Papo one too in accuracy, and probably most of the others out there, mainly from being so plump (this is clearly intended to be a well fed animal), and in regards to detail/texture is the least crocodilian (minus the scutes along the neck and back), aside from perhaps the Favorite and Papo models (although all of those suffer from shrinkwrapping, and the Papo also has an odd eel like tail and oversized fang like teeth). I'd probably dock a few points for it being in a near knuckle dragging pose (better then CollectA's non swimming one in this regard though, which is also way too crocodilian looking), but all the same it probably helps for stability, since it isn't in a swimming pose (which only Favorite, CollectA, and Safari Ltd have attempted).

The only thing about the details I'm left wondering is if these will have round or slit pupils, webbed toes, the enlarged claws on the first digits of the hands, and if it has lips (kind of looks like it does, but I'm not entirely sure on that).

Here's an overview of the options from the major companies (CollectA, Favorite, Papo, PNSO, Rebor, Safari Ltd, Schleich) we have up to now (I might move this to its own thread, assuming one hasn't been made already. Moved here, but I'll leave the list below for convenience: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8321.msg244056#msg244056):

Spoiler

CollectA (Standard) Swimming: Retired. Large amount of croodilian texturing. Shrinkwrapped along the head. Has the oversized claw on the first digits of the hands. In a swimming pose obviously. Edit: All the CollectA models here seem to have webbed feet. Has larger first digit on feet (aka not traditional theropod feet)?

CollectA (Standard) Walking: Large amount of croodilian texturing. Shrinkwrapped along the head. Has the oversized claw on the first digits of the hands. Correction, not in a knuckle dragging pose, but standing on the palms.  Has an articulated jaw. Has larger first digit on feet?

CollectA (Deluxe) Walking: Large amount of croodilian texturing. Shrinkwrapped along the head. Has the oversized claw on the first digits of the hands. Quadrupedal pose, although standing on the palms. Has larger first digit on feet?

Favorite (quadruped vinyl): No crocodilian texturing. Shrinkwrapped. Slightly cartoony porportions. Knuckle dragging pose. Webbing on the toes. Seems to have the oversized claw on the first digits on the hands. Does not appear to have larger first digit on the feet.

Favorite (swimming): No crocodilian texturing. Slightly shrinkwrapped. Swimming pose. Webbing on the toes? Seems to have the oversized claw on the first digits on the hands. Has larger first digit on feet?

Kanna: Other then the feet perhaps (seems to have traditional theropod feet, with smaller first digit, and no webbing), and maybe minor shrinkwrapping, seems pretty accurate. Does not seem to have any crocodilian like texturing. Statue?

Papo: Minimal crocodilian texturing (back only), but shrinkwrapping on the head, oversized fang like teeth, and eel like tail. Seems to have webbing between the toes, although otherwise appears to have traditional theropod feet, with smaller first digits. Appears to be a in a wading pose (a mix between swimming and walking). In $59.99 (in the US) price point, means this is pricey for a toy. Does seem to have the oversized claw on the first digits of the hands. Has an articulated jaw. Also the degrade in paint app from the prototype(?) may or may not be off putting for some. Also is a limited edition figure (aka one production run).

PNSO: Minimal crocodilian texturing, and shrinkwrapped. The base and fish are a nice touch though. In a quadruped standing pose, though could be used to stand above its fish prey. Has webbing on the toes, and the oversized claws on the first digits on the hands. Has an articulated jaw. Has larger first digit on feet. Expensive (Amazon is selling this for $179.99. Edit: Going for much less on Everything Dinosaur, and Aliexpress. Thanks Loon). Is a statue and not a toy?

Rebor: Minimal crocodilian texturing (along the back and neck only). No shrinkwrapping. Might have the oversized claws on the first digits of the hands? Might have webbing between the toes? Seems to have traditional theropod feet though. In a walking semi knuckle dragging quadruple pose.

Safari Ltd: Moderate crocodilian texturing, otherwise very accurate in terms of proportions (no shrinkwrapping), and has webbing along the toes. Does seem to lack the over sized claw on the first digits of the hands. In a swimming pose. Does have the larger first digit on the feet. Only $24.99.

Schleich: Minimal crocodilian texturing (back and belly). In a standing pose, resting on its claws for support. Some shrinkwrapping along the head. Does not have webbing on the toes, and might not have the oversized claws on the first digits of the hands? Has an articulated jaw. Does not have the larger first digit on the feet. Approximately $19.99.

Takara Tomy Ania: Doesn't seem to have crocodilian texturing, and feet seem to be sculpted like traditional theropod feet, although it does have webbing. In a knuckle dragging pose, and slightly shrinkwrapped along the head, if not elsewhere. Features multiple points of articulation, including the jaw and tail.

Edit: Corrected some stuff, added more details, and figures.
[close]

Loon

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'd agree that the PNSO Spinosaurus is more of a statue; but, it can be found for much cheaper, around $50-$60, on places like AliExpress or Everything Dinosaur.

Faelrin

avatar_Loon @Loon Thanks. I had no idea there were other places selling it for much cheaper. I wonder why it's been marked up so badly on Amazon? Scalper third party seller?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: