News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on April 01, 2015, 07:22:28 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 01, 2015, 07:13:59 AM
you had to go there..now i hear it! lol

also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ruotaD4EPU

Hahahaha you bet I did. ;) I might just use it if I do a video review.

Now I 'call' your theme and add this an an upper. I wonder if Rebor will "go the distance" and add another Acro for this one. ;) I shall call her Meg!
All playfulness aside though it'd be really cool if they made Acro's competing carnivore 'friend' and dubbed him Hades. Y'know just sayin'.
OH or what if in the future we got two battling carnivores! ;D That would be epic!

Oh dear Zeus... ;D

Takama

I noticed that Rebor was online on the front page, despite the ban. Is that alright?

Arul

Everybody, see REBOR fb page now !!  ;D  :)) big lol

ddidiodion

Have never felt the need to post here before as I prefer to keep my thoughts about a model to myself, I understand the urge to discuss the merits of them of course, but never felt the need to join in.

However the triumphant, boastful and self-aggrandising declarations of a boycott are incredibly distasteful and show a tremendous lack of self-respect. While I find the act of baiting the REBOR rep into criticising the work of another artist by presenting a work that is clearly aimed at an entirely different audience to be pretty disgusting in it's own right, clearly REBOR should have known better and recognised it for what it was rather than trading tit-for-tat. Criticising another artist is clearly unacceptable and they deserved to be banned.

However to then see the main culprits march in when the 'mission' has been accomplished and essentially gloat about the 'victory' leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth. What amounts to a vindictive hatchet job by senior members of his forum intent on seeing how much they could get away with before a moderator stepped in should never have been allowed to get as far as it did, there have been several times when a firm hand from an admin could have stopped this right in it's tracks.         

Sumo

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 31, 2015, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 31, 2015, 01:11:42 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on March 31, 2015, 12:54:45 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 31, 2015, 12:23:14 PM
Rebor doesn't cost so much ( less than 100 euro ), it's accurate (for a TOY), paint job is very good, model's postures are spectacular, etc...

One could argue about the accurateness.

No point arguing over accurateness, unless they have at least a handful of models released in the market. Sample size is too small. Let's wait till the Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, winter variant Y-rex are released before passing judgement on a company that is still in its infancy stage. If we were this harsh on Carnegie and Battat when they released their first 3 models, they would never see the light of day....

The "Y-rex" was made inaccurate on purpose. They said so themselves.

Not just made inaccurate on purpose, but done so because "we don't believe the public is ready for scientific accuracy", IIRC. Easily the worst argument I can think of, because how the hell is the public going to become ready unless they're exposed to accurate and updated portrayals of these animals?
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Uroplatus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 01, 2015, 03:20:15 AM
All I ask is not to be condemned for continuing to purchase their products even after this.  I already preordered the Utahraptor.  And since it's a fellow Oklahoma native and one of my favorite theropods, I can't possibly pass up the only Acrocanthosaurus model we're getting this year.

Wasn't there also an Acrocanthosaurus from CollectA planned for this year ?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Uroplatus on April 01, 2015, 11:16:09 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 01, 2015, 03:20:15 AM
All I ask is not to be condemned for continuing to purchase their products even after this.  I already preordered the Utahraptor.  And since it's a fellow Oklahoma native and one of my favorite theropods, I can't possibly pass up the only Acrocanthosaurus model we're getting this year.

Wasn't there also an Acrocanthosaurus from CollectA planned for this year ?
Yes, but if the few pictures of it are any indication, it is merely a carcharodontosaurid with a hump back.  And before anyone says it, no I'm not accusing CollectA of mold recycling, I'm saying that they just plain didn't do his spine right.  Compare the promo picture with an Acrocanthosaurus skeleton, WS Acro, or even REBOR's and you'll see what I mean.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Manatee

Looks like REBOR is sticking to their word...

Naturally, reactions on the Facebook page were primarily
QuoteThis shoule be real!

Shadowknight1

You know, when I heard about Jurassic World's genetic hybrid monster dinosaur, THAT is kind of what I first pictured, something absolutely crazy!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Pachyrhinosaurus

It looks like we're getting more than one stegoceratops this year.  :o
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Very funny, they reply my comment "unfortunately we forgot to put minigun on the back"  ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: ddidiodion on April 01, 2015, 10:11:06 AM
Have never felt the need to post here before as I prefer to keep my thoughts about a model to myself, I understand the urge to discuss the merits of them of course, but never felt the need to join in.

However the triumphant, boastful and self-aggrandising declarations of a boycott are incredibly distasteful and show a tremendous lack of self-respect. While I find the act of baiting the REBOR rep into criticising the work of another artist by presenting a work that is clearly aimed at an entirely different audience to be pretty disgusting in it's own right, clearly REBOR should have known better and recognised it for what it was rather than trading tit-for-tat. Criticising another artist is clearly unacceptable and they deserved to be banned.

However to then see the main culprits march in when the 'mission' has been accomplished and essentially gloat about the 'victory' leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth. What amounts to a vindictive hatchet job by senior members of his forum intent on seeing how much they could get away with before a moderator stepped in should never have been allowed to get as far as it did, there have been several times when a firm hand from an admin could have stopped this right in it's tracks.       
You have an odd way of both stereotyping and placing people with labels there fella.....I had nothing to do with the entire discussion prior to Rebor being banned, I came in afterwards and said I am refusing to purchase their products until they apologize to my friend, Doug Watson. My comment was neither self aggrandising nor distasteful they are facts.Cannot speak for anyone else involved, but when you paint everyone with the same paint brush, you are just as guilty as they are.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Manatee on April 01, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
Looks like REBOR is sticking to their word...

Naturally, reactions on the Facebook page were primarily
QuoteThis shoule be real!
still no feathers?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ddidiodion

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 01, 2015, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: ddidiodion on April 01, 2015, 10:11:06 AM

You have an odd way of both stereotyping and placing people with labels there fella.....I had nothing to do with the entire discussion prior to Rebor being banned, I came in afterwards and said I am refusing to purchase their products until they apologize to my friend, Doug Watson. My comment was neither self aggrandising nor distasteful they are facts.Cannot speak for anyone else involved, but when you paint everyone with the same paint brush, you are just as guilty as they are.

And yet you feel the need to let everyone else know about your boycott. Forgive me for maintaining a certain level of cynicism.

Nebuloid

Wow lots of drama here... All of this went past me the last couple of weeks. However I do agree with the majority, those comments Rebor made are ridiculous, especially  "we know art" . I have their T-Rex and Y-rex sitting on my shelf, but wont be buying any newer models until they redeem themselves... What a shame.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

amargasaurus cazaui

Thats the nice thing about free speech, you may maintain what you like...while I maintain my support for Doug Watson and maintain my right to boycott Rebor products until they apologize, which I maintain some cynisicm will occurr.

Shonisaurus

I sense that apart from yutyrannus, will be making the triceratops, some flying reptile (quetzalcoatlus?) And obviously a stegosaurus.

sauroid

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM
I sense that apart from yutyrannus, will be making the triceratops, some flying reptile (quetzalcoatlus?) And obviously a stegosaurus.
maybe also an Ankylosaurus?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 01, 2015, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2015, 02:58:52 PM
maybe also an Ankylosaurus?
Indeed, thanks for having remembered he had not seen the whole figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: