News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Over9K on November 06, 2020, 10:41:15 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 06, 2020, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 10:30:49 PM
So are you saying that because other people might have differing opinions, I shouldn't ever express my own?

Didn't you know having different opinions means you're part of the anti-Rebor cult?

Oh please with the faux outrage. I never inferred your opinion was any less valid than mine when I gave it. Get over yourself. Both of you.  LOL!

Right. It is clear that you are much too emotionally invested in Rebor to discuss any criticism of them. As such, I will not be communicating with you further.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Folks can get semantic about "promises" vs "early teases" all they want. It's still misleading, and it's still irresponsible.

That "Kongzilla" is awful. It looks like REBOR used a generic gorilla model and then applied a scale texture brush effect to it.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 11:46:32 PM
So are you saying that because other people might have differing opinions, I shouldn't ever express my own?

Didn't you know having different opinions means you're part of the anti-Rebor cult?

Oh please with the faux outrage. I never inferred your opinion was any less valid than mine when I gave it. Get over yourself. Both of you.  LOL!

Right. It is clear that you are much too emotionally invested in Rebor to discuss any criticism of them. As such, I will not be communicating with you further.

I like REBOR still but I have to admit they are going in a direction I don't find myself being a part of. Much like Papo they're kinda being replaced by Nanmu and W Dragon for me.

Over9K

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 11:46:32 PM

Promises, promises.

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 07, 2020, 12:25:25 AM
That "Kongzilla" is awful. It looks like REBOR used a generic gorilla model and then applied a scale texture brush effect to it.

Yeah, it looks more like king kong cosplaying godzilla, and not putting much effort in. It's weird they chose the 2005 version of Kong and the 2014 version of Godzilla. Why not the Skull Island version? They're in the same continuity. Buy, I don't know if people like that design or movie as much.

Faelrin

I'm still left wondering when the Gorilla Z figures are releasing. Like it is almost mid November and I've had the alpha one pre-ordered many months ago. Really thinking about just canceling it because I can't afford it to come in stock when I'm not expecting/planning for it. Assuming it does even come out later this year at all.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

Minizoo's got the G&G Rexes and the Carnotaurus/Ceratosaurus/Yutyrannus Skulls

https://www.minizoo.com.au/rebor/grab-n-go/

https://www.minizoo.com.au/rebor/oddities/
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on November 07, 2020, 01:50:56 AM
I'm still left wondering when the Gorilla Z figures are releasing. Like it is almost mid November and I've had the alpha one pre-ordered many months ago. Really thinking about just canceling it because I can't afford it to come in stock when I'm not expecting/planning for it. Assuming it does even come out later this year at all.

Rebor's Z gorillas including the bigbadtoystore special edition are expected to be in late November, Rebor reported on his Facebook page. Be patient and you will have your Gorilla Z figures from Rebor.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you for the update. Guess I'll hold out a bit longer and try to prepare for it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on November 06, 2020, 10:35:36 PM
I wish Rebor would stick to what they have been teasing/leaking years ago before showing weird new stuffs again and again.
It's like they're going in all directions.
Maybe it's just the way of their communication, but their pace of production seems very slow.

Still waiting for Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus  :'(
I didn't know they had planned more dino babies, that's an awesome idea.
I agree with everything you said. I am a fan of rebor, and yes some of their products do turn me away, but other than that I am a consumer of their products. I was hoping they would continue their grab and go line, but the way I see it, that could be cancelled as well.

This new godzilla/king kong hybrid just turns me away. I don't doubt that this will have amazing detail, but the design itself is not my kind of taste.
avatar_Takama @Takama I had no idea about that comment made by Rebor of their  plans on the King Triceratops. Very disappointing....

Syndicate Bias

I hate to be honest at times and also open but Loon constantly attacks REBOR and their followers without any constructive criticism and I usually keep quiet but this is the one time I'll say it like it is.

I don't like the company or what they sell but I still try to keep most of my negative criticisms away from the thread since I don't want to chase anybody that may be a fan away. The same cannot be said for said user on several instances not to mention how hostile he gets...

I enjoyed this forum for a few years now but recently with what I've seen I cannot say I find myself around much longer. Some of the hostility I find especially on REBOR's board is a bit much at times and I hate to point fingers but it does come from one person mainly.

Others have clearly shown some of their opinions about it too but that's just my take on it.

Either way I do not wish to continue being a part of this community. It's just that before I went I needed to at least take some things I've held off my chest.

Also not gonna argue past this point. That was all.

Loon

S @Syndicate Bias at least @ me next time.

Well, I promised myself I would try not to post in this thread, but I was curious and clicked anyway.

Let me terribly honest and say I don't care much for Rebor's stuff at times, and can find their attitude to be incredibly annoying at times. I also have to say it is very fun to dunk on things at times, and yes, Rebor has been my whipping boy for sometime. Which, isn't really fair.

Yes, I have been mean about Rebor's stuff, but I also have liked some of their stuff, so I don't hate all of it. I bought their Stegosaurus and Titanoboa fairly recently, and while I sold them because they don't really fit in with what I collect, I can see the appeal.

Outside of the previous 2 incidents with Over9k, I don't personally recall directly attacking their fans but if I did, I would like to say I'm sorry. I frankly should have learned since the previous Over9k incident, where I promised to "be better".

This is a excerpt from a fairly recent post of mine in the Forum Etiquette thread about said incident:
Quote from: Loon on October 21, 2020, 08:41:47 PM
...I don't like companies like Rebor or Nanmu that much, I actively dislike the former, but I shouldn't attack their fans like I did recently.
Quote from: Loon on October 14, 2020, 03:43:06 AM
It seems they also attract only the most mature individuals, too.
I don't like the way some of Rebor's fans behave, but replying like this was totally uncalled for. I even at some point refered to them as "the dregs". I now know offensive that was, and apologize to all for the good fans of Rebor that I denigrated with that comment.

If I don't like a figure, I will express my opinion. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, the negative comments can sometimes be just as useful as the positive ones. But, that implies the negative comments are constructive and not just attacks, like so many of my posts...

As we can see from the past few pages, I have failed to live up to it.

So, what should I do now? I don't know. I think it may be good just to not post in this thread anymore. It's very clear Rebor rarely has people like me in mind when it comes to figures. And I don't really wanna put anyone down by saying I think some of their figures look bad.

But, I dislike that personally. I think I will be honest, and I will be negative (I don't like the kong godzilla hybrid, sorry), but I should also be positive. I do like those Skulls ? @Stolpergeist shared, I don't want them, but they are nice. So, where I go from here in this thread, I don't know. But, hopefully it's more balanced.

But, I don't know, maybe I'll just ignore this thread for a bit.

Shonisaurus

I honestly like your Rebor GNG tyrannosaurus and it is a good tyrannosaurus but due to its size it does not fit statically in my collection.

In my particular opinion they have attractive figures that I like like the titanoboa, the gorilla Z in their four versions of paint, tyrannosaurus corpse and carnotaurus (old version), vastatosaurus others honestly that do not fit in my preferences, such as skulls, the king kong-Godzilla I don't like that figure, it doesn't seem aesthetic to me, the Rebor Oddities Compsognathus longipes Dissection, the two dilophosaurus, the aliens, the fetuses (tyrannosaurus and velociraptor). In my case there are figures that I like and others that, independently, are well made, do not fit into my collector's mentality and I simply do not love them.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 07:15:31 AM
And in all honesty my only real issue with REBOR is still the way they treat and interact with customers, including making fun of fans who promote their work simply for having a lack of knowledge.
Exactly, this is why I never will buy from them. If they make fun of their customers, that's how you lose those customers. And apparently Rebor cannot process that. I wouldn't be surprised if they respond to the joke video I made, which the Youtube algorithm has heavily promoting lately. 
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Bread

It is quite sad learning about all these comments Rebor has made towards their customers. I was unaware of a lot of the comments they have made towards consumers. It truly does turn me away from buying their products. I never hate a company because they don't deliver what I am interested in, but I will dislike a company because of their negative and rude comments towards customers. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that I despise a company who can not handle criticism as well.

Jose S.M.

I think this issue with Rebor might be less harsh if people just critic their products or the company itself ( speaking about their ways to communicate) and leaving their "fans" alone. There's some part of their community that feels encouraged by them to offend people of facebook comments and stuff but we don't get to see all their followers there and the most vocal are usually the most aggressive too. All fandoms have their share of toxicity I'm pretty sure, but still we can't judge all members or fans because there's a big amount of silent people that might even agree to some of the criticism.
Also I think we should not get so personal with these companies, there's no point to getting on a fight to defend one of them to death. If you give a fair criticism and another personal takes it the wrong way and tries to fight it we can just say that it's just personal opinion and let it go, even if the other part presses ( usually when they do is because they became more passionate than really needed about the issue, for not calling it another way). I mean I feel like some  people have been overly critical of Safari since like last year but I just see the comments and think to myself "that's not very fair" and move on. I find that more healthy than to start a probably lengthy back and forth.

To resume because I probably went through the branches a lot, I think criticism direct to a figure of to how the company handles itself publicly are not necessarily hate and can be even good. What's not very necessary is to generalize about a company's whole fan base based on what some of them write, so it's better to leave the people alone and point the ( preferably constructive) criticism to the company.

Shonisaurus

I believe that criticism of the Rebor brand and the rest of the toy dinosaur companies should be, as avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. comments, constructive and objective and without passion, seeing the positive and negative parts of those companies.
Each of the companies has a way of communicating and their own philosophy. I understand that the positive parts of Rebor should be seen. Honestly, it is a company that I like for its various replicas of prehistoric animals, yes, there are figures that do not interest me but it does not mean that they are even works of art such as the tyrannosaurus rex and velociraptor fetuses, although these figures are very far from my philosophy of collecting but that is not an impediment to say that they are works in a certain way great and artistic and the Rebor brand honestly has a philosophy that hooks me in a particular way. His criticism and insults to users are part of his philosophy even if we don't realize it. In my case I have realized it and I honestly do not give that philosophy much importance. There have been and are artists who also insult the public and commit extravagance but nevertheless their works of art are great.

I understand that many times they are disrespectful to the public as a strategy to achieve greater popularity with buyers.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 07:15:31 AM
I keep most of my complaints regarding their figures in private due to that, after all a nice atmosphere for the threads is important, this is something that has also been addressed in the forum etiquette thread regarding how some companies such as REBOR, Papo and Schleich get frequently dunked on for the sake of it instead of addressing the actual flaws.
And in all honesty my only real issue with REBOR is still the way they treat and interact with customers, including making fun of fans who promote their work simply for having a lack of knowledge.

The sculpts on the other hand are showing great improvement since their early days when they made their Yutyrannus, their first Carnotaurus and other models that were rather awkward.
Regarding the sculpts I wish they would however make more original stuff, the off-brand models of licensed designs bother me a bit, actually making me feel a bit bitter about them similar to how I felt about Papo until they stopped with that recently.
The GNG Tyrannosaurus shows the potential they are truly capable of, it is an actually decent tyrannosaur, not a copy of an existing design and on top of that not expensive.
I'd like to see them lean more into that direction.

We've known this Youtuber for more than 2 years and he's now a friend of ours, we often like, comment and share his videos. He's such a good sport and all of his videos are light-hearted, the man is already a joker so really can't see how this is "making fun of fans who promote their work simply for having a lack of knowledge". He speaks English so perhaps you can ask him directly how he feels about us ;)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2020, 03:38:05 PM
It is quite sad learning about all these comments Rebor has made towards their customers. I was unaware of a lot of the comments they have made towards consumers. It truly does turn me away from buying their products. I never hate a company because they don't deliver what I am interested in, but I will dislike a company because of their negative and rude comments towards customers. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that I despise a company who can not handle criticism as well.

That's not ture, we treat people fairly and equally. If people talk to us nicely then we'll treat them with respect and patiently answer all of their questions, however for the trolls we do troll back too. If you run a business then you should know that not all the customers are nice and reasonable which is why lots of sellers have their "blacklists" and many companies hire security officers or bouncers. Companies shouldn't be punch bags and just blindly take in all the hates, we have feelings too. How would you treat those people who rudly demand you again and again to make a feathered T-rex for them and refuse to leave despite we've already told them nicely that we don't want to? 

Perhaps our only sin is that we are talkative and willing to communicate, lots of brands don't even talk to their customes or reply to their messages, some even block people straight away giving them no chance to speak at all.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 10, 2020, 07:26:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 10, 2020, 03:38:05 PM

That's not ture, we treat people fairly and equally. If people talk to us nicely then we'll treat them with respect and patiently answer all of their questions, however for the trolls we do troll back too. If you run a business then you should know that not all the customers are nice and reasonable which is why lots of sellers have their "blacklists" and many companies hire security officers or bouncers. Companies shouldn't be punch bags and just blindly take in all the hates, we have feelings too. How would you treat those people who rudly demand you again and again to make a feathered T-rex for them and refuse to leave despite we've already told them nicely that we don't want to? 

Perhaps our only sin is that we are talkative and willing to communicate, lots of brands don't even talk to their customes or reply to their messages, some even block people straight away giving them no chance to speak at all.
Well said avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO , well said.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: