News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2021, 03:18:05 AM
Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 03:09:28 AM
Very true avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon; however,  if that is the case, are there still figures such as the Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor being produced?

If the option is there but no one is ordering them then it's doubtful. Technically as Rebor said they aren't discontinued but they might as well be if no one is ordering them.   The Acro along with the dead Tenatosaurus was some of the most heavily copied/knocked off pieces as well, that would further lead to stores not stocking them.
Also very true, and yes I see Aliexpress has these knockoffs quite frequent. However, I do not want to resort to buying one of those. Maybe I'll shoot a private message to rebor here on the forum or facebook as maybe they will have an answer to where I can and others can purchase old figures (Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus, etc...).

Unless, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO say anything else here about our questions, I'll just repeat here in this thread what they have told me.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2021, 02:53:27 AM
Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 01:44:39 AM
Quote from: SenSx on April 19, 2021, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 11, 2021, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Wheezy82183 on February 10, 2021, 10:11:26 PM
Does rebor retire their figure? I'm having a hard time finding any of them for sale.

We don't retire our figures

Sorry to join this conversation late, but if Rebor does not retire figures, I would really like to know where I can get the Deinonychus trio and the Utahraptor.
I was not collecting dino figures at the time they got released, and now that I am interested in them they are no where to be found.

Thx
I really feel like their statement of not retiring figures is 99% false. I've been in the same boat as you, been trying to track down Rebor figures that are not in stock on their usual distributors. Big bad toy store, Dan's, etc....
Looking for their Acrocanthosaurus, but I don't want to pay over $100.

Then again, if they have a reason to why they don't re-supply their distributors, but don't retire figures, I'd like to be informed about this decision.

It's possible that those stores just don't want to stock those anymore favoring newer releases.

Exactly

REBOR_STUDIO

Very true avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon; however,  if that is the case, are there still figures such as the Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor being produced?

If the option is there but no one is ordering them then it's doubtful. Technically as Rebor said they aren't discontinued but they might as well be if no one is ordering them.   The Acro along with the dead Tenatosaurus was some of the most heavily copied/knocked off pieces as well, that would further lead to stores not stocking them.

We don't manufacture them anymore because sellers don't want to stock older products, we don't want to discontinue them because they are our creations and we hope they can last a bit longer, no mystery here it's that easy.

stargatedalek

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 20, 2021, 01:33:11 PM

We don't manufacture them anymore because sellers don't want to stock older products, we don't want to discontinue them because they are our creations and we hope they can last a bit longer, no mystery here it's that easy.
That is what it means to discontinue a product, to no longer manufacture it. You said "we don't discontinue products" but discontinuing a product doesn't mean deliberate scarcity.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 20, 2021, 02:08:22 PM

That is what it means to discontinue a product, to no longer manufacture it. You said "we don't discontinue products" but discontinuing a product doesn't mean deliberate scarcity.

We might manufacture more in the future, just don't want to kill hope.

Bread

Alright, thanks for the answer. I am somewhat confused though, if you don't want to discontinue them and you want them to last a bit longer, then is there a solution to this? Can these items be purchased anymore (Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus, Tenontosaurus, Utahraptor, etc...)?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 04:01:49 PM
Alright, thanks for the answer. I am somewhat confused though, if you don't want to discontinue them and you want them to last a bit longer, then is there a solution to this? Can these items be purchased anymore (Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus, Tenontosaurus, Utahraptor, etc...)?

We'll make more when we have more funds but not now. The only solution to this is money which we don't have right now.

Faelrin

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 20, 2021, 04:29:39 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 04:01:49 PM

We'll make more when we have more funds but not now. The only solution to this is money which we don't have right now.

Would a crowdfunding campaign (such as kickstarter) be possible to gather the funds necessary to do another production run on those older models (such as Acrocanthosaurus, etc)?

Something I've also been wondering if it would at all be possible to buy models from you directly in the future instead of through a retailer? I know you technically don't have a website, but I know there's store setups for FB, etc, out there. I know companies like Safari Ltd and Creative Beast Studio have websites where they offer their products that can be ordered directly, and I believe have their products available through the FB store as well.

Hoping to not come across as needy in the above. Just wondering if there are possible solutions to these issues that could benefit everyone (or most folks).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

blnadal

1/35?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not sure i havent seen a size posted.

blnadal

Pteranodon confirmed to be 1/18

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Rain

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 05, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
So actually 1:12 then?

Bigger the better.. ;)

Quote from: Rain on May 05, 2021, 05:30:47 PM

I kinda like the 90s feel of this guy, might repaint it up as the Jurassic Punk from DVG

blnadal

Bread

With PNSO's Allosaurus, I'll probably skip on the Saurophaganax. Was this one confirmed to be Retro appealing?

stargatedalek

Gotta say, between that and the Pteranodons things are coming up REBOR for me lately. Gonna have to get that JP3 one at the absolute least, and when I do maybe the JW one, might make for interesting comparison.

If they are in 1:12 I will be an extra happy camper. We need more six inch scale options.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2021, 05:42:00 PM
I kinda like the 90s feel of this guy, might repaint it up as the Jurassic Punk from DVG

It almost looks like that might have been the basic inspiration for the Saurophaganax here!

Also, finally back!!!  And I can say, I'm so looking forward to this figure!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Faelrin

avatar_Shadowknight1 @Shadowknight1 Kind of my thoughts as well after seeing the two of those together. Looks like a nice coloration as well honestly at least from this image.

Also hey welcome back.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I would certainly look forward to seeing that.

Edit: Should read better now maybe.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: