News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Thank you Patrx  :) according to rebor fb page, the box for the nest is designed already. I think it will coming fast

TJ_Terrorsaur

I'm already so very excited for everything and now there are basically two more reveals of up coming Rebor merch. I feel like it's already the holidays! I'm hoping this mosasaur will be a figure with a moveable jaw and a gorgeous base. I'm excited for the fossil but I would love a figure too. The mosasaur is one of my favorite prehistoric animals. :D

joossa

Quote from: ARUL on June 18, 2015, 12:34:04 AM
Thank you Patrx  :) according to rebor fb page, the box for the nest is designed already. I think it will coming fast
Yeah... for anyone who's interested:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

These are cool. I think the 'sauropod' nest would go well with my Gryposaurus.

Arul

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on June 18, 2015, 03:49:59 AM
I'm already so very excited for everything and now there are basically two more reveals of up coming Rebor merch. I feel like it's already the holidays! I'm hoping this mosasaur will be a figure with a moveable jaw and a gorgeous base. I'm excited for the fossil but I would love a figure too. The mosasaur is one of my favorite prehistoric animals. :D

Yes they said 50cm for the shark eater. If they made a base for it i hope it set vertically just like sideshow hehehe

Tumtist

Quote from: ARUL on June 18, 2015, 12:19:15 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on June 18, 2015, 03:49:59 AM

Yes they said 50cm for the shark eater. If they made a base for it i hope it set vertically just like sideshow hehehe

That would be awesome!!

Arul

Yes that is great as they said before that is why acro legs looks bigger, to balanced it  :)

Takama

Not meaning to start anything but

tyrantqueen

Why not take the criticism that the blog offers into consideration instead of complaining about the "unfair" system? I think most of the reviews written on there are actually quite balanced and consider both good and bad points that a model may have to offer.

This kind of behaviour is actually more damaging to the company's reputation than anything else.

Tallin

I'm not going to lie, I think that yes, the Rebor Ceratosaurus deserves more than the rating it has got. However, that does not excuse this underhanded method of raising their own rating.

Never do they mention the size and price differences in the models they are comparing their's with, nor the fact that one of them is way older than Rebor's, or even ask the fans to read the reviews before voting. C'mon guys, I DESPERATELY want to love and buy your products, but this kind of PR puts me off... :(

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on June 18, 2015, 05:10:11 PM
Not meaning to start anything but

Yes, it is legit. And I have to wonder if REBOR actually bothered to read the reviews from start to finish as opposed to glancing at the ratings.

You'd never see CollectA, Papo, Safari, or Sideshow behaving this way.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2015, 05:17:31 PM
Why not take the criticism that the blog offers into consideration instead of complaining about the "unfair" system? I think most of the reviews written on there are actually quite balanced and consider both good and bad points that a model may have to offer.

This kind of behaviour is actually more damaging to the company's reputation than anything else.

The reviews are more than prefect, however we cannot agree with those who voted 1 star simply because them don't like us, our efforts put into these models should deserve better than that. Everybody has the right to vote including those who love our creations. :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Tallin on June 18, 2015, 05:25:26 PM
I'm not going to lie, I think that yes, the Rebor Ceratosaurus deserves more than the rating it has got. However, that does not excuse this underhanded method of raising their own rating.

Never do they mention the size and price differences in the models they are comparing their's with, nor the fact that one of them is way older than Rebor's, or even ask the fans to read the reviews before voting. C'mon guys, I DESPERATELY want to love and buy your products, but this kind of PR puts me off... :(

We never said that our figure is the best among all, we consider each one of them is unique and equally beautiful, and believe or not we do have the Safari Ceratosaurus in our office and we love it, we just think it would be nice if people can give us our rightful place, 4 stars is good enough :)

Sim

I had a look on Rebor's Facebook page to see that that had actually been posted.  Not that I doubted Takama, it was just difficult to believe someone would actually post that.  If you click on "See More" in that post, Rebor then says, "Stop the haters and Let's change something! :)"  I've never seen any other prehistoric animal figure company start so much negativity again and again.  I completely agree with tyrantqueen.  I think Rebor figures would be more liked if Rebor took the criticism they received into consideration instead of constantly complaining and resorting to underhanded tactics like with that Facebook post, and only voting for the Rebor Tyrannosaurus in the Top 10 Tyrannosaurus toys poll.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 18, 2015, 05:29:14 PM
The reviews are more than prefect, however we cannot agree with those who voted 1 star simply because them don't like us, our efforts put into these models should deserve better than that. Everybody has the right to vote including those who love our creations. :)
I don't think anyone knows what people voted and why.  If I had to guess, my guess for the rating on the Rebor Ceratosaurus's review is that it's strongly related to the figure being expensive despite having extremely warped legs that affect its standing ability.

Halichoeres

I think it's reasonable to suppose that at least some of those votes are spite votes, because of some ill will toward Rebor. Which is crappy, don't get me wrong. But Rebor's gotta be more gracious than to gripe about it. As Tallin said (forgive my paraphrasing), they're making it hard to like them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Quote from: Sim on June 18, 2015, 05:52:19 PM
I had a look on Rebor's Facebook page to see that that had actually been posted.  Not that I doubted Takama, it was just difficult to believe someone would actually post that.  If you click on "See More" in that post, Rebor then says, "Stop the haters and Let's change something! :)"  I've never seen any other prehistoric animal figure company start so much negativity again and again.  I completely agree with tyrantqueen.  I think Rebor figures would be more liked if Rebor took the criticism they received into consideration instead of constantly complaining and resorting to underhanded tactics like with that Facebook post, and only voting for the Rebor Tyrannosaurus in the Top 10 Tyrannosaurus toys poll.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 18, 2015, 05:29:14 PM
I don't think anyone knows what people voted and why.  If I had to guess, my guess for the rating on the Rebor Ceratosaurus's review is that it's strongly related to the figure being expensive despite having extremely warped legs that affect its standing ability.

I guess i should of Clicked the See more.   as soon as i seen that post. I Screen shot it, and edited out all the other stuff around that post.

Shonisaurus

The Acrocanthosaurus with dam is magnificent. But how long we'll be waiting to teach us the prototype of the figure by Rebor?

Furthermore I am interested in whether the dinosaur eggs come in one piece or are removable. I would also like to know if they are made of non-breakable material such as the yutyrannus, ceratosaurus or tyrannosaurus rex for example.

Moreover the dimorphodon when we show? I desire that is the same material as the non-breakable Acrocanthosaurus.

I am impatient when these products are marketed.

tanystropheus

Regarding the rating system, are the stars attributed to the actual review (e.g. How informative did you find the reviewer's assessment) or the quality of the product (e.g. How much do you like toy Z?).  Personally, I find the rating system baffling. I wanted to voice my feedback on the DTB thread but never got around to it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: