You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

It looks like Rebor is starting to include plastic trays on recent shipments of the Ceratosaurus. See photos below courtesy of Viking Spawn/Wayne Daniels. Wish mine had come with one....

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Fluffysaurus

Very Good Rebor!!! Well done. Mine didnt come with one. But he stands very Well on its own.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Viking Spawn

Thank you for the acknowledgement Joossa!   I was very surprised to see the plastic insert when I opened mine this past week after reading about the previous issues with the warping of the hind legs.  My Ceratosaurus has no standing or warping issues at all and can be displayed with or without his/her base. 

Here is my entire online gallery which I created for collector references. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/CERATOSAURUSDENTISULCATUSSAVAGE#

joossa

Your photos are top notch.  ^-^

I must admit, though... I am a bit jealous you got a Ceratosaurus as was advertised by Rebor to begin with... being able to stand on it's own off the base. Mine's leaning on the Rex's leg off the base on my display shelf. Oh well.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

That should be good news for the Acro since REBOR has said that it will have a plastic insert as well.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: joossa on July 19, 2015, 06:42:13 PM

I must admit, though... I am a bit jealous you got a Ceratosaurus as was advertised by Rebor to begin with... being able to stand on it's own off the base. Mine's leaning on the Rex's leg off the base on my display shelf. Oh well.

Thank you Joossa.  Glad you enjoyed them.   ^-^

As for his standing, perhaps Rebor heard enough QC complaints and I got a later batch with the proper shipping materials.  I had a hair dryer on standby and expecting the worse prior to opening him.  I was very surprised and happy how sturdy this piece is and that it doesn't need any assistance in standing on its own. 

I just wish they made their King T-Rex with a better stance.  Which is my only complaint about that particular model.  I have a hunch that will be remedied when their Trike base is released. 

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 03:21:54 AM

As for his standing, perhaps Rebor heard enough QC complaints and I got a later batch with the proper shipping materials.  I had a hair dryer on standby and expecting the worse prior to opening him.  I was very surprised and happy how sturdy this piece is and that it doesn't need any assistance in standing on its own. 

I just wish they made their King T-Rex with a better stance.  Which is my only complaint about that particular model.  I have a hunch that will be remedied when their Trike base is released.

Do you mind sharing where you purchased your Cerato from? I was going to purchase one from BBTS but decided not to after hearing about how awful the standing issues were. If I was absolutely sure it was going to come with a plastic tray I'd reconsider ordering one.

Viking Spawn

I purchased all of mine from BBTS.  Always had great service and fast shipping.  Even with their economy shipping option. 

They also have the best Rebor prices I've found so far too.   :)

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 03:53:06 AM
I purchased all of mine from BBTS.  Always had great service and fast shipping.  Even with their economy shipping option. 

Thanks! Good to know they have updated stock. I ordered the Utahraptor from them but didn't like how badly it was sagging so I returned it. I agree their service is great. I have the King T-Rex coming in on Wednesday, which I'd preordered from them about a month ago.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Victoria B on July 20, 2015, 04:20:43 AM

Thanks! Good to know they have updated stock. I ordered the Utahraptor from them but didn't like how badly it was sagging so I returned it. I agree their service is great. I have the King T-Rex coming in on Wednesday, which I'd preordered from them about a month ago.
Sorry to hear you returned your Wind Hunter.  I do wish the sagging wasn't an issue, but I think it was inevitable with such an extreme pose.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Luckily, mine wasn't sagging badly at all.  But I keep my house cool in the summer too.

After reading about this issue, I put a stand under him to prevent this from happening anyway. 

Viking Spawn

You are welcome. 

Let me know what you think of the King T-Rex when you get him.  Its my favorite piece so far, but I'm also biased when it comes to ol Rexy too!   :))

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 04:31:45 AM

You are welcome. 

Let me know what you think of the King T-Rex when you get him.  Its my favorite piece so far, but I'm also biased when it comes to ol Rexy too!   :))

For sure! I'll no doubt do a video review once I receive it. I like what I've seen of it in other videos and photos so far... my only minor gripe is the color. Ever since I was a kid, I've always envisioned T-Rex being green. I have no idea why that is, but it just... is. :) I never expected the orange-y color REBOR decided on, but it truly does look rather stunning in your photos. I'm sure I'll be happy with it. It's really a good thing that it's not green, as I already have both the green and the brown Papo Rexes (brown upright, green walking).

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on July 20, 2015, 03:32:31 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 03:21:54 AM

Do you mind sharing where you purchased your Cerato from? I was going to purchase one from BBTS but decided not to after hearing about how awful the standing issues were. If I was absolutely sure it was going to come with a plastic tray I'd reconsider ordering one.

If you can pick up a Cerato with a guaranteed plastic tray, do so...you won't regret it. It is by far my best model in my entire Papo and REBOR collection. Probably, my best dinosaur model ..ever.  Unfortunately, I got mine on day 1...so it isn't exactly stable...but I got it to stay up somehow.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 20, 2015, 05:58:18 AMIf you can pick up a Cerato with a guaranteed plastic tray, do so...you won't regret it. It is by far my best model in my entire Papo and REBOR collection. Probably, my best dinosaur model ..ever.  Unfortunately, I got mine on day 1...so it isn't exactly stable...but I got it to stay up somehow.

I'll certainly consider it! I do love the look of it as well as the awesome display base it comes with. First I wanna see the fully revealed Acro though just in case it appeals to me more. I think they also said they're doing Allosaurus "Ravage" or something. I'm quite curious about that as I've always loved Allosaurus.

ItsTwentyBelow

This is fun news to see that the Ceratosaurus and all future Rebor bipeds now have this plastic insert to keep their legs from warping.

I would definitely order one if I knew I'd be getting this well-packaged version. I agree it's a beautiful model, but the leg warping killed the whole thing for me when these were first released.

Can anyone point me where the easiest place is to get Rebor from in the US?

Viking Spawn

@ Victoria - Looking forward to your video review.  As for your color suggestion, it also wouldn't surprise me if Rebor makes LE reissues later on with different color variations.  (Not that I'm trying to give them some ideas either.   :P)

@ ItsTwentyBelow - I buy my Rebor from the Big Bad Toy Store.   ;)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=rebor

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 20, 2015, 06:33:11 AM
This is fun news to see that the Ceratosaurus and all future Rebor bipeds now have this plastic insert to keep their legs from warping.

I would definitely order one if I knew I'd be getting this well-packaged version. I agree it's a beautiful model, but the leg warping killed the whole thing for me when these were first released.

Dan's Dinosaurs is recommended highly.

Dobber

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 20, 2015, 06:23:19 PM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 20, 2015, 06:33:11 AM

Dan's Dinosaurs is recommended highly.

I second this. Dan has never steered me wrong.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: