You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Thank you for the recommendations, all. Nice to know these are more easily available than I had thought. Now, if only there were a way to know if I was getting a newer one or not...

Rebor is becoming quite interesting to me with this slight, yet critical bump up in ensuring quality. Between their upcoming Dimorphodon and Collecta's Guidraco, one can quickly acquire the beginnings to a very cool and very affordable home display centering on pterosaurs. Cool times  8)

MeloDino

I have contacted BBTS to see if all of their current supply has the plastic trays for the feet, but it seems they don't know about the plastic trays, even though it seems that a user here had the protection included in their recent order. I just said screw it at this point and bought Cerotasaurus, I figure I can always return it to BBTS if it has the warping defect. The figure is too good to pass up.

joossa

Quote from: MeloDino on July 21, 2015, 05:11:49 PM
I have contacted BBTS to see if all of their current supply has the plastic trays for the feet, but it seems they don't know about the plastic trays, even though it seems that a user here had the protection included in their recent order. I just said screw it at this point and bought Cerotasaurus, I figure I can always return it to BBTS if it has the warping defect. The figure is too good to pass up.
Please let us know if yours end up having the tray.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

MeloDino

BBTS confirmed that their current supply all has the protection tray, so we're good to go! Thankfully Rebor got their act together pretty quickly it seems.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not that they ever admitted it... lol  but yeah at least they did fix it. :)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 21, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
Not that they ever admitted it... lol  but yeah at least they did fix it. :)
They did admit that it was a problem and they said that it would be addressed with Hercules as they said he would be getting a plastic tray.  But they never said that they'd be adding it in to all future Savages, which is pretty cool.  Part of me wishes Ceratosaurus was in my top 10 so I could buy it just for that amazing base.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

This is wonderful that they're attempting to remedy the leg warping issue by including plastic trays. I just placed by order for a Ceratosaurus thru BBTS. Looking forward to getting it!

RobinGoodfellow

I can confirm that my new Ceratosaurus from Urzeitshop ( Germany ) has the no-warp plastic  ;D

I was lucky to wait some time before buying this Rebor.....  ::)

joossa

Great to hear Savage is being shipped out now as it should have been from the start!  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate RobinGoodfellows if I had done the same and charge a little later ceratosaurus not have a "disabled" dinosaur unfortunately.

Mine was as always happens in relation to the acquisition of products dinosaur defect lack of patience.

Victoria's Cantina

I'm happy to report that my Ceratosaurus did in fact come with a leg tray! However, while the figure DOES stand off the base, its feet don't sit flush. The right leg is balancing only on its toe claw. This is exactly how my Papo Allosaurus is as well.

Shadowknight1

I know from experience that the Allosaurus will either be very stable for you or it will fall without much provocation.  My recommendation is to keep something soft on the floor below them for a few days in case they fall.  My first Allosaurus was one that would occasionally try to lemming itself and eventually it landed on my Playstation 3, leaving paint scuffs on the console and nearly ruining his paint job.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

ItsTwentyBelow

Yes! After all this excitement over the anti-warp tray, I finally pulled the trigger and have one of these Ceratos on the way from BBTS. Patiently awaiting its arrival, but I do hope its feet are not like the one a couple posts above. That is just borderline okay with me.

But really, I'll be happy as long as the darn thing can stand upright without the base.

Victoria's Cantina

The mouth on my Ceratosaurus (same one as in a couple posts above) is painted shut. Is it safe to dip the head in hot water to loosen it up?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on July 28, 2015, 01:39:33 AM
The mouth on my Ceratosaurus (same one as in a couple posts above) is painted shut. Is it safe to dip the head in hot water to loosen it up?

Should be fine I would think.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 28, 2015, 02:46:23 AMShould be fine I would think.

Yay. It worked. :)

BUT (Ugh. There's ALWAYS a but) now it won't close all the way. I dried it with a microfiber cloth and used a hairdryer on cool to get any residual water out. It sort of closes, but it won't shut the way it did when it was right out of the box. It also only opens very slightly. Is this typical with this model? I can post a video if need be. Just seems like the jaw should close all the way and open up wider than it is.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on July 28, 2015, 05:17:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 28, 2015, 02:46:23 AMShould be fine I would think.

BUT (Ugh. There's ALWAYS a but) now it won't close all the way. I dried it with a microfiber cloth and used a hairdryer on cool to get any residual water out. It sort of closes, but it won't shut the way it did when it was right out of the box. It also only opens very slightly. Is this typical with this model? I can post a video if need be. Just seems like the jaw should close all the way and open up wider than it is.

Feel free to post a video of the issue, it might help. I think I recall something about a jaw that wouldn't close all the way but I'm not sure if it was with this one or the Raptor piece.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on July 28, 2015, 05:17:01 AM

Hmm? Mine had the opposite problem in that it won't stay open all the way.  Try using the rubber bands it came with to keep the mouth shut for a few days.  Perhaps the PVC material will relax back into its original resting form?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm I thought the plastic inserts were fixing the problem with the feet?  It does still stand so maybe that's okay.

The mouth I would guess the paint was the only thing holding it closed all the way. It doesn't seem to have a very flexible mouth mechanism? Like say the Papo Rex or others.  It's probably molded a bit too large somewhere is my guess. It's too big to stay open unless forced and too big to close all the way unless forced.  To keep it open wider you can insert something tiny in the back of the mouth to act as an almost invisible wedge.  Keeping it closed is a more difficult matter and not really achievable unless it is glued shut or bound shut.  It seems to really be just the way it's made.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: