News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geenemodels.com 1/8 T Rex

Started by Seany, February 10, 2015, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Greetings,

My first post  ;D

Apart from Sideshow Pieces I have never ventured into building my own resin kits.

However I recently enquired at GeeneModels.com (? galileo hernandez ) about his 1/8 T Rex kit

Pics here

http://www.geenemodels.com/tyrannosaurus-1-8-scale-fully-painted/

I have been offered an unfinished model at a price i can just about justify for such a large model.

My concern is a post on here about said site defrauding a modeller of thousands of dollars for a custom commission. however i do not know if this is spam.

Has anyone had recent dealings with galileo hernandez or his GeeneModels website.

I just want some reassurance before I part with my hard earned cash  :'(

You feedback would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sean

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Seany on February 10, 2015, 07:35:10 PM
Greetings,

My first post  ;D

Apart from Sideshow Pieces I have never ventured into building my own resin kits.

However I recently enquired at GeeneModels.com (? galileo hernandez ) about his 1/8 T Rex kit

Pics here

http://www.geenemodels.com/tyrannosaurus-1-8-scale-fully-painted/

I have been offered an unfinished model at a price i can just about justify for such a large model.

My concern is a post on here about said site defrauding a modeller of thousands of dollars for a custom commission. however i do not know if this is spam.

Has anyone had recent dealings with galileo hernandez or his GeeneModels website.

I just want some reassurance before I part with my hard earned cash  :'(

You feedback would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sean

Think about it twice before you pay. There has been LOTS of complains from people who dealt with Galileo and everything went wrong.

DinoToyForum

I'm sure there must some relevant posts in the feedback thread, but that thread is soooo long. Maybe someone else has the time to dig them out... :)

Seany

Many thanks.

I will not now order the model in question.

It is too much money to risk, judging by feedback here.

Who are the most reputable people / companies to supply resin kits for someone like me in Europe.

Many thanks

Sean

DinoToyForum

Here's one post from the feedback thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg44842#msg44842

And another relevant thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=397.msg36791#msg36791

I don't buy kits myself so I have no experience to pass on.  O:-)

tyrantqueen

QuoteWho are the most reputable people / companies to supply resin kits for someone like me in Europe.
Even if you're in Europe, I recommend Dan's Dinosaurs. He does ship internationally and his store has a great choice to choose from.

If you don't want to order from overseas, sadly your choice is limited. Urzeitshop has a few, but they sell out very quickly.

yankeetrex

Problem here is that there are no Large Scale JP style kits available anywhere. I recieved a sick triceratops kit from galileo packed well and arrived in 2 months time, however I live in the US so It may have been easier for him to ship to my location in the North East. I really hope he figures out a better shipment system, because in my opinon his stuff is quality. It pains me to hear about peoples problems with him because i had such a pleasant experience dealing with him.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.