News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Doug Watson's collection

Started by Doug Watson, February 13, 2015, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Nice to have your pictures back, especially your original sculpts.

Ksuey55

Hey Doug , I might have those prehistoric mammals you are missing..still in the blister pack! Just getting ready to post on Ebay! are you interested?

Newt

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 22, 2017, 04:33:20 AM
Finally started restoring my deleted Photobucket images with Postimage. Page 1 through 5 up to the Marx section done. This is going to take some time. >:(

Hurray!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Ksuey55 on July 31, 2017, 09:03:12 PM
Hey Doug , I might have those prehistoric mammals you are missing..still in the blister pack! Just getting ready to post on Ebay! are you interested?

Which mammals are those?

Jorgesaurus

Espero este bien seƱor watson aca en Guatemala sus piezas son muy queridas ya que paleontologicamente sus piezas son muy aceptadas espero que en este 2018 usted pueda realizar un stegosaurus para safari Ltd  ya sea un stegosaurus o un tuojiangosaurus gracias por sus grandes piezas que nos ha dado

Jorgesaurus

I hope you find Mr. Watson here in Guatemala. We appreciate your creations. I hope that in 2018 you can create a stegosaurus or a tuojiangosaurus for safari ltd. You are a magnificent sculptor of figures. :))

grantharding

Hi Doug, I wanted to let you know that I gave my three-year-old nephew your Safari Apatosaurus for his birthday today (he always wants to play with mine when he comes to visit), and it was an instant and absolute hit.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on August 02, 2017, 12:00:55 AM
I hope you find Mr. Watson here in Guatemala. We appreciate your creations. I hope that in 2018 you can create a stegosaurus or a tuojiangosaurus for safari ltd. You are a magnificent sculptor of figures. :))

Thank you.

Doug Watson

Quote from: grantharding on October 02, 2017, 02:16:55 AM
Hi Doug, I wanted to let you know that I gave my three-year-old nephew your Safari Apatosaurus for his birthday today (he always wants to play with mine when he comes to visit), and it was an instant and absolute hit.

You know I appreciate that there are adult collectors that like my work but the thing that really thrills me is the thought of kids out there playing with my toys and using their imagination. Just as the Marx dinosaurs, prehistoric reptiles and mammals  fuelled my imagination and shaped who I am I hope my pieces may have that affect on future generations. Thank you.

grantharding

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 02, 2017, 01:53:33 PM
You know I appreciate that there are adult collectors that like my work but the thing that really thrills me is the thought of kids out there playing with my toys and using their imagination. Just as the Marx dinosaurs, prehistoric reptiles and mammals  fuelled my imagination and shaped who I am I hope my pieces may have that affect on future generations. Thank you.

:)

Faelrin

I just want to say thanks for sharing your collection, and your sculpts, and for sculpting them too. I finally got my first Safari figures recently, and most of the ones I have (and plan to get) were sculpted by you it seems. I really enjoy how detailed your sculpts are, not just on a visual level, but tactile as well. The strive towards scientific accuracy is a plus too, which really helps when I still have much to learn about many of these creatures. I am curious though, have you done any of the fantasy creatures at all?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: Faelrin on October 04, 2017, 07:25:50 PM
I just want to say thanks for sharing your collection, and your sculpts, and for sculpting them too. I finally got my first Safari figures recently, and most of the ones I have (and plan to get) were sculpted by you it seems. I really enjoy how detailed your sculpts are, not just on a visual level, but tactile as well. The strive towards scientific accuracy is a plus too, which really helps when I still have much to learn about many of these creatures. I am curious though, have you done any of the fantasy creatures at all?

Thanks I need to find the time to restore the images for the rest of my collection one of these days.
No I haven't done any of Safari's fantasy figures. As it is there are always more figures they want me to do than I have time to do.

Shonisaurus

I have all your prehistoric Safari animal figures and I can assure you that I am very happy with them. Apart from its perfect strokes, I highly appreciate its texture and for me you are certainly my favorite sculptor in relation to dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. But I also have to admit that the rest of the sculptors and prehistoric animals of Safari are exceptional.

I am very happy that this year you are making figures of prehistoric mammals with a bigger size in the style of other companies. I think it's going to be very difficult not to say impossible for any company to compete with your prehistoric toy mammal figures.

Without a doubt I value your work and your work and it is a gift that you are present in the forum, an attitude that unfortunately I do not see in other sculptors of other companies.

Your figures are very nice and amazing in terms of perfection and beauty. It is no wonder that almost every year the only winner in the prestigious Prehistoric Times magazine contest is to always choose and reward your works as the best prehistoric dinosaur or toy animal. Thank you Doug for being with us in this forum!  :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 04, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
I have all your prehistoric Safari animal figures and I can assure you that I am very happy with them. Apart from its perfect strokes, I highly appreciate its texture and for me you are certainly my favorite sculptor in relation to dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. But I also have to admit that the rest of the sculptors and prehistoric animals of Safari are exceptional.

I am very happy that this year you are making figures of prehistoric mammals with a bigger size in the style of other companies. I think it's going to be very difficult not to say impossible for any company to compete with your prehistoric toy mammal figures.

Without a doubt I value your work and your work and it is a gift that you are present in the forum, an attitude that unfortunately I do not see in other sculptors of other companies.

Your figures are very nice and amazing in terms of perfection and beauty. It is no wonder that almost every year the only winner in the prestigious Prehistoric Times magazine contest is to always choose and reward your works as the best prehistoric dinosaur or toy animal. Thank you Doug for being with us in this forum!  :)

My pleasure and thank you once again for your kind words. May I ask where you are from, I am guessing English isn't your first language?

tyrantqueen

QuoteMy pleasure and thank you once again for your kind words. May I ask where you are from, I am guessing English isn't your first language?

I believe he uses an online translator.

sauroid

Doug, i just want to say that im grateful that you are a part of this forum and the safari figures that you sculpted are some of my favorites in my collection. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Doug Watson

Quote from: sauroid on October 05, 2017, 11:53:30 AM
Doug, i just want to say that im grateful that you are a part of this forum and the safari figures that you sculpted are some of my favorites in my collection. thanks.

Thank you, since I collect l would be here even if I didn't do the Safari pieces, I lurked here for a long time on the old forum before jumping in the deep end.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 05, 2017, 04:11:13 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 04, 2017, 09:15:20 PM

My pleasure and thank you once again for your kind words. May I ask where you are from, I am guessing English isn't your first language?

My nationality is Spanish. I live in Madrid.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 05, 2017, 11:41:03 AM
QuoteMy pleasure and thank you once again for your kind words. May I ask where you are from, I am guessing English isn't your first language?

I believe he uses an online translator.

Although sometimes I do not use it, what you say tyrantqueen is true to my shame. I have spent years trying to learn English both written and spoken in academies and I can assure that for me it is very difficult, as I comment to my misfortune I have severe difficulty in language learning, that is to say, little facility and I recognize that English is a essential language globally for anyone if you want to communicate with the outside, is more is the universal language par excellence. What you say is true, but I also have to recognize that many times I do not use the translator. That is my misfortune.  :-[  :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: