News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The next Jonathan Rader kit

Started by Paleogene Pals, February 14, 2015, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

I just found out that Jonathan is making a 1/20 Shunosaurus. Is Dan's Dinosaurs monitoring the situation?

DinoLord

That is a kit I wouldn't mind owning...

Paleogene Pals

He also finished a 1/20 Megalneusaurus rex, the giant Wyoming pliosaur. He finished it a couple of years ago but hasn't released it yet. I hope he does it soon, and Dan's Dinosaurs picks it up.

Paleogene Pals

Yeah Dinolord, I am excited about these kits! I hope Rader releases them, but I will only order them through Dan's Dinos, due to past experience.

tyrantqueen

I don't have any Rader kits yet but I want his Ceratosaurus, Sue Tyrannosaurus and Kaprosuchus ones. I'm still miffed that I didn't get a chance to purchase his gorgeous Brachylophosaurus.

I will be purchasing through Dan or Alchemy Works of course.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dan in certainly keeping an eye I would wager.  I liked the Rader Ceratosaurus pretty well..just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I did like the SUE Rex but the neck was way too long for some reason.

Paleogene Pals

TQ, I have his Kaprosuchus painted by Martin. I'm looking to get his Ceratosaurus too! I just spoke with Dan, and he is on board! Now to get these kits released.

tyrantqueen

Yay 8) Are there photos for the pliosaur?

Paleogene Pals

I stole this pic off of Jonathan's FB page. He said he might release it this spring. I certainly hope so.

tyrantqueen

The head looks a little strange to me. Is it because I'm used to seeing shrink wrapped skulls?

I like it though :)

Paleogene Pals

I'm not sure about the head. This is a Wyoming critter, and Jonathan did work in Wyoming. I believe he has access to enough fossil materials and information to be fairly accurate. Unfortunately, I just don't know enough about this particular genus of pliosaur to make any judgment calls. I do like it though, and there aren't enough 1/20 pliosaurs out there so I am happy about having this one.

faydga

I have just looked at Dan's website and Mr. Rader's Pliosaur is now available.

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on February 15, 2015, 04:01:30 PM

I stole this pic off of Jonathan's FB page. He said he might release it this spring. I certainly hope so.

can't see the Pic.

faydga

The photo is on Dan's dinosaurs website.

tyrantqueen

Dobber

Truly great sculpts! I just can't like the odd pose on his Sue, though. I keep thinking it looks like it is ice skating or something. Probably just me though  :-[

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on March 16, 2016, 10:48:49 AM
Truly great sculpts! I just can't like the odd pose on his Sue, though. I keep thinking it looks like it is ice skating or something. Probably just me though  :-[

Chris

The pose doesn't bug me as much as the too long neck does.

faydga

I have seen several photos of Rader's Sue from many angles. There is nothing wrong with the neck nor is it too long in my opinion. It is actually one of the finest models I have ever seen. Is there any skeletal drawing or other photographic evidence to back up the neck issue you raise?

Paleogene Pals

I'll be putting in my order from Dan's Dinos for the Megalneusaurus as soon as I get my tax refunds.  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.