You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KABAYA Seismosaurus, 2 Tyrannosaurus rex, Allosaurus

Started by Meso-Cenozoic, February 24, 2015, 02:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Hey guys. I have some extra Kabaya dinosaur figures sculpted by the famous Japanese model sculptor, Kazunari Araki, I'd like to sell. They are all in new condition.

I have...

3 Seismosaurus (tan with brown stripes and black spikes) - about 12" long ($30.00 ea.) <-- PRICE REDUCED!

3 Tyrannosaurus rex, standing (black and grey) - about 6" long ($20.00 ea.) <-- PRICE REDUCED!

2 Tyrannosaurus rex, running (rust with black stripes and brown spots) - about 6" long ($20.00 ea.) <-- PRICE REDUCED!

2 Allosaurus (dark grey with red stripe and red head ornament) - about 5 3/4" long ($15.00 ea.) <-- PRICE REDUCED!

*FREE SHIPPING withing the US! :D

Here is a pic of mine that have been already assembled with the new-in-bag figures in front of each one...

The new figures are exactly like mine except for the bases of the Standing T. rex (black and grey). For some reason, these new ones came with a round clear acrylic base instead of the plastic terrain base. You can see one of those bases through the clear bag closest to the camera.

And here is a size comparison pic with like/similar WS figures...

If anyone would like, I can take some closeups or any other different views of any or all of mine. (I won't assemble any of the new figures. ^-^ )

BTW, here are the Blog links to the 2 different T. rexes that are the same as the ones I saw on eBay...
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/01/05/tyrannosaurus-rex-red-version-by-kabaya/

http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/12/22/tyrannosaurus-rex-kabaya/

And here's a nice review on our Blog of the Seismosaurus...
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/04/11/seismosaurus-kabaya/

reinier zwanink

Dont know about the value of the pieces
But i do know that i am VERY interested in the seismosaurus

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 24, 2015, 06:05:12 AM
Dont know about the value of the pieces
But i do know that i am VERY interested in the seismosaurus

OK, reiner. I'll put your name on one until I figure out the prices. But in case it ends up being more than you want to pay, I won't hold you to it. ;)

DinoLord

FWIW I recently bought a Seismosaurus on eBay for ~$25 with free shipping, though it was listed as being on sale.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoLord on February 24, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
FWIW I recently bought a Seismosaurus on eBay for ~$25 with free shipping, though it was listed as being on sale.

That's about what I paid for mine as well, a few years back. Could have been the same seller? I recall seeing the running Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus for similar prices as well. I should have bought them at the time.

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks guys! That's a helpful start.

So the Seismo was recently on sale for around $25. I wonder if it's the seller I've been seeing recently -- actually the only seller recently. The BIN price of that one is $40 + $7.95 economy shipping. I've been searching for different prices for awhile before posting mine here. But I've hardly seen ANY Kabaya like these the whole time. A few years ago, yes. But more recently, I haven't. Are they a bit more rare now?

At least from what you guys have mentioned, it sounds like the Rexes and Al at $25 each is a pretty fair asking price. So Gwangi, if you're still needing them, I'm cool with that!
I just have to decide about the Seismo. It seems like it should be at least a little more than the rest of them, though. I'll do another search right now.

Meso-Cenozoic

Here's the current search items I'm getting on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=kabaya%20dinosaurs&clk_rvr_id=786594949750&adpos=1s1&MT_ID=69&crlp=20939372314_2416792&device=c&geo_id=10232&keyword=kabaya+dinosaurs&crdt=0

I'm finding nothing on Amazon or a general Google and Yahoo Shopping search either.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: sauroid on February 25, 2015, 07:22:02 AM
i think $40 for the Seismo is fair.

Thanks, sauroid! I haven't sold anything for a long time, so any and all input is greatly appreciated. :D

Meso-Cenozoic

OK. So since I haven't seen any price differences on eBay for the past month or so, I thought I might just stick with these prices I'd listed. But what I thought I could offer here was to include the shipping costs in these prices for those in the US. That should be some pretty decent savings according to what they're charging for shipping on eBay. Ha ha! With all of these, including the Seismo, they're pretty small and compact, especially in their preassembled stage, and they're also very light weight. So to send them out via 1st class shouldn't be too costly I'm thinking.

I'll update the descriptions on top to include the prices. Feel free to PM me with any questions or any different price offers. I'm still open-minded and flexible to hear any opinions on prices. I also thought I might try doing payments via just check or money-order. This will also save on any PayPal fees.

*EDIT ^

Meso-Cenozoic

Bumping this up because I've reduced the prices! :o

See my first post. :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.