News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Batman vs. Darth Vader

Started by suspsy, March 06, 2015, 11:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shadowknight1

Well.  I suppose that when you put it that way, Batman would win.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

amargasaurus cazaui

kept waiting for him to say...Bruce...I am your father !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomike

Lol! That was fun! A really well made clip!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

Darth Vader is supposed to be extremly powerful, but even in the movies he is tricked and foiled as often as a villian in a Scooby Doo episode, so I guess Bat-man could fool him too. ^-^

suspsy

Batman has taken on opponents far more powerful than Darth Vader. Darkseid immediately springs to mind.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2015, 06:02:50 PM
Batman has taken on opponents far more powerful than Darth Vader. Darkseid immediately springs to mind.
Yes, and none of those fights seem to be more than Bat-fan wank material.  Batman is human.  Why he's so rarely treated as such by writers is beyond me.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Newt

Hear hear! Very well-made clip though. The level some fan-films go to is astonishing.

suspsy

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 07, 2015, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2015, 06:02:50 PM
Yes, and none of those fights seem to be more than Bat-fan wank material.  Batman is human.  Why he's so rarely treated as such by writers is beyond me.

Batman represents the limitless potential of the human capacity for courage, cunning, and determination. He wins because he's a bona fide genius who believes in being prepared for anything and never underestimates his opponents. Also because he knows his limits. He knew there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to defeat Vader all by himself, but he could certainly distract him long enough to free Superman and let him take care of the rest.

suspsy

And don't get me wrong; I love Darth Vader. By far the most iconic cinema villain in history. But when it comes down to it, he's a scarred human being with excellent (but not unbeatable) swordsmanship, telepathy, and telekinesis. In the world of superheroes, he's only slightly above average. He'd give Captain America and Iron Man a run for their money, but Superman (as long as there's no kryptonite around), Thor, or the Hulk would flatten him.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2015, 09:13:57 PM
And don't get me wrong; I love Darth Vader. By far the most iconic cinema villain in history. But when it comes down to it, he's a scarred human being with excellent (but not unbeatable) swordsmanship, telepathy, and telekinesis. In the world of superheroes, he's only slightly above average. He'd give Captain America and Iron Man a run for their money, but Superman (as long as there's no kryptonite around), Thor, or the Hulk would flatten him.
Sort of depends which Thor I would imagine...Beta ray for instance or the new female incarnation might not fare as well as the time honored Thor character. As for the Hulk, it also might depend which incarnation of...well you get the idea.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

It's too soon to gauge just how powerful the new Thor is, but she's been pretty impressive so far. She's going up against the Destroyer in the next issue, so we'll see how that goes.

Darth Vader might stand a chance of outmaneuvering the standard Savage Hulk, but he'd still be hard-pressed to subdue or significantly injure a being that can withstand blows, bullets, missiles, and explosions. And the Green Scar incarnation would completely annihilate Vader. No amount of force chokes or fancy light saber moves are going to stop the guy who single-handedly defeated the Avengers, the FF, and the X-Men.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on March 08, 2015, 02:24:34 AM
It's too soon to gauge just how powerful the new Thor is, but she's been pretty impressive so far. She's going up against the Destroyer in the next issue, so we'll see how that goes.

Darth Vader might stand a chance of outmaneuvering the standard Savage Hulk, but he'd still be hard-pressed to subdue or significantly injure a being that can withstand blows, bullets, missiles, and explosions. And the Green Scar incarnation would completely annihilate Vader. No amount of force chokes or fancy light saber moves are going to stop the guy who single-handedly defeated the Avengers, the FF, and the X-Men.
Cant speak much to the newer incarnation of the character, I stopped collecting in around 1995, but have a pretty incredible library up to that point. So I took a minute to check some things and this is what I came up with, so you know.

Hulk has literally been smacked down by at least twelve seperate heroes and villians over the years !!
In Iron Man # 132, Stark uses a super punch that shorts out his suit and almost kills himself doing it, but takes the Hulk down with a single punch. Silver Surfer literally beat hulk Unconscious with his board in Tales to Astonish # 92, and 93. Wolverine, acting as one of the four horsemen of Apocalypse takes hulk down single handedly as well. Batman even knocked him out, in a crossover issue, by tossing a gas grenade at him and then kicking him the stomach and making him have to breathe in the gas. Thor beat him senseless after hitting him in the back of the head with a surprise lighting bolt, and then tossed him around like a ragdoll. Havok, literally knocked him senseless, single handedly in rescuing Polaris from him, because the hulk saw she was greenish colored and thought it was his love Jarella. The thing took him down single handedly in Fantastic four # 320....and Doctor Doom did the same in Fantastic Four #166. Superman was next on the list, knocking him out cold. Namor in the classic Avengers #3 knocked the hulk out so badly he reverted to Bruce Banner and remained knocked out. And yes finally, even Amazing spider man, posessing the cosmic power, knocked the hulk flat out in #328 of Amazing spider man.......
These are just the obvious ones I could remember and are classics...im sure there are many more, point being that somedays the hulk wins, and someday its Rocket Racoon or even Howard the Duck !!! It is fair to note all of these were the orginal Jade , purple short wearing giant, but he is just not all that.

suspsy

Those examples all involved the standard Savage Hulk though, right?

The Green Scar incarnation, which debuted in the 2006 Planet Hulk series is far more powerful than the SH. Among other things, he defeated Black Bolt even after being hit full blast by the latter's sonic scream, shattered Iron Man's largest Hulkbuster suit, KOed the Thing, broke both of Colossus' arms, hammered Wolverine's brain, stopped the Juggernaut in his tracks before shoving him into a lake, and defeated the Sentry (basically a Superman clone, look him up).

Heh. This is beginning to sound like that tired old T. rex vs Spinosaurus argument. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on March 08, 2015, 05:06:19 AM
Those examples all involved the standard Savage Hulk though, right?

The Green Scar incarnation, which debuted in the 2006 Planet Hulk series is far more powerful than the SH. Among other things, he defeated Black Bolt even after being hit full blast by the latter's sonic scream, shattered Iron Man's largest Hulkbuster suit, KOed the Thing, broke both of Colossus' arms, hammered Wolverine's brain, stopped the Juggernaut in his tracks before shoving him into a lake, and defeated the Sentry (basically a Superman clone, look him up).

Heh. This is beginning to sound like that tired old T. rex vs Spinosaurus argument. :)
nah, i did clarify all my examples were pre-1995 and I cannot say much for anything more recent because i dropped collecting. I am sure the new incarnation is more omnipotent.....but the classic hulk isnt as omniscient as people might think. My point was just that whatever writer creates the confrontation can make it work how they wish, with a simple twist or trick. It does not matter if it is Darth Vader or batman, anyone can win if thats how its written.

suspsy

Paleogene Pals

Howard the Duck defeated the Hulk?

amargasaurus cazaui

Similar to the theme of this thread...if you google Howard the Duck vs. Hulk you will find a number of fan made battles between the two....Howard does posess a seemingly rare type of martial arts training called "Quack-fu" right? As far as mainstream marvel I found no issues I could refer with the two fighting...in fact there are references for the hulk and agents of SMASH? helping Howard escape from SHIELD.....

lawch09

This is my new favorite "who would win?" contest- well-made video!

"A super hero is only as good as the villian he kicks the crap out of": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKNimq5sxLk

EmperorDinobot

DV can choke people by just watching them on screen.

This is ridiculous. Batman would loose unless Vader decides to toy around with him, giving Batman a more than fair advantage. Force-choke=the end.

And I'm a Batman fan.

Vader is being watered down badly.

HOWEVER, Vader's overconfidence has always been his greatest enemy, and Batman is a million times smarter.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: