News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Uruk-hai versus Jem'Hadar

Started by Paleogene Pals, March 08, 2015, 02:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

This is a debate I started at work, but it has to be resolved. Who would win in a fight?

Doug Watson

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on March 08, 2015, 02:13:22 AM
This is a debate I started at work, but it has to be resolved. Who would win in a fight?

No weapons, hand to hand I say Uruk-hai, bigger and tougher.

Blade-of-the-Moon

No weapons the Uruk Hai might stand a good chance. Jem Hadar were very much Predator-like I think.  If you added weaponry I'd say Jem Hadar, if not it's a 50/50 chance.

brandem

I'd go for jem'hadar even without weapons, they are still very strong but unlike their counterparts here they are strategically competent, one to one they could beat Klingons in non energy weapon combat, but even a human ranger could kill probably 5 Uruk without that much difficulty,

Doug Watson

Quote from: brandem on March 08, 2015, 04:41:15 AM
but even a human ranger could kill probably 5 Uruk without that much difficulty,

I don't remember Strider killing a single Uruk-hai without a weapon. Without a weapon he's a Happy Meal. 

Paleogene Pals

Both are engineered for a single purpose, and both are an unstoppable fighting force. So it comes down to strategy, weaponry, and sheer brutality. The Jem'Hadar have the edge in the element of surprise and weapons. It is probably safe to assume that the Jem'Hadar have more intelligence. The Uruk-hai have the advantage of size, strength, and sheer brutality. Plus, they have a high tolerance for pain, even when a sword is run through them. In close quarters, I think the Jem'Hadar would have their match. The Jem'Hadar do have a weakness in their addiction to Ketracel-White. I doubt the Uruk-hai could figure out how to use this to their advantage, but one of them could destroy the dispensing mechanism. I still can't figure who would win though. But, I would love to watch them fight (from a safe distance.)  8)

brandem

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 08, 2015, 05:13:44 AM
Quote from: brandem on March 08, 2015, 04:41:15 AM
but even a human ranger could kill probably 5 Uruk without that much difficulty,

I don't remember Strider killing a single Uruk-hai without a weapon. Without a weapon he's a Happy Meal.

Well of course I'm talking melee weapons not hand to hand ha

tyrantqueen

I would back the Uruk-hai because I hated Deep Space Nine >:D

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. But it was a chore to sit through all seven seasons, at least for me.

Paleogene Pals

DS9 was one of my favorite Trek series, although that is because I liked the geopolitics in it. I know lots of people who didn't like it though mainly because there was actually no star trekking in it. Everything took place on a space station. Although I do agree that it became too much of a soap opera at times and the whole Dominion War was handled rather lamely. At least I didn't suggest something totally crazy like Cybermen versus Borg.

brandem

Huh would really depend on if they were real cybermen or the ones from rose's other universe, heh

But DS9 was brilliant, more than from a geopolitical angle the writing was the strongest the show has ever seen in my humble opinion, I would suggest anyone watch the visitor or in the pale moonlight and tell me different. And I'm not putting down any of the other series, love them all even enterprise, but you have to love each for what they are.

The new movies on the other hand, ehhhh

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe new movies on the other hand, ehhhh
I can take or leave the new movies, but I think the TNG movies (Nemesis, Insurrection etc.) were the worst the series ever sunk to. Harry Plinkett's reviews of them are hilarious though.

suspsy

DS9 was my personal favourite ST series, although it only became great when Sisko shaved his head, grew a goatee, and became a proper captain.

In a straight fight without the use of any ST technology, the Uruks would probably win, but it'd be a hard-earned victory.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Derek.McManus

I thought DS9 was interesting because of the wide sweep of the show.

I think without modern weapons the Uruk Hai would win.

Old style Cybermen would defeat the Borg!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.