You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

..just arrived today from Russia: Labyrinthodont ( aka Mastodonsaurus torvus ) / Sculpted by Nikolay Abramovich

..and Mastodonsaurus giganteus (Bullyland) vs Mastodonsaurus torvus..

:)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Another Mammoth for my herd: Chap Mei  ;)

The complete herd:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157668421460105/with/33046624966/

Shonisaurus

By the way Robin the Chap mei mammoth is vinyl or PVC?

It is immense!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 21, 2018, 01:54:23 PM
By the way Robin the Chap mei mammoth is vinyl or PVC?

It is immense!

It's only a plastic toy, as others Chap Mei..  :)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

I'm starting to completely re-arrange my shelves.
So I'm buying some framed art to show behind my figures.

For the Tyrannosaurus cabinet (by Favorite ):

..and for the marine reptiles cabinet (by Rebor ):

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Last for today: Vitae Sinoceratops zhuchengensis
Sculpted by  Cheung Chung Tat

________________________________________________________________________________
Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667781623768/with/26734800217/
________________________________________________________________________________

See you soon.. stay tuned..  ;)

Shonisaurus

Duplicate comment deleted. I am sorry.  :-[

Shonisaurus

The sinoceratops of Vitae is very beautiful, even superior to that of favorite. It is a pity that both this figure and the majungasaurus are made of resin! The material is a noble but very fragile material.

Magnificent photographs of Vitae Robin's scoop. I congratulate you on your new acquisition.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 21, 2018, 06:22:46 PM
(..) It is a pity that both this figure and the majungasaurus are made of resin! (..)

..from my point of view it's totally the opposite: it's wonderful that they're made of resin8)
If they were made of PVC they would not be so beautiful::)
Yes, resin figures are fragile.
But I don't play with my models.  ;)
They are all into cabinets.
So PVC, resin, vinyl or whatever is just the same...
Quality is the most important thing to me.  O:-)

Shonisaurus

In that I totally agree Robin, the resin figures to be made of much nobler material than PVC or vinyl tend to be more precise and prettier. What is needed is to have glass cabinets and closed to avoid accidents.  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

..while a lot of people on DTF seem to be enthusiastic for the new Jurassic World toys by Mattel (and frankly I don't understand why: they are only cheap toys for kids  ??? ), it's time for a "recap"...

Pt.1 : The "short neck" marine reptiles

Pliosaurus

Rhomaleosaurus

Peloneustes

Platecarpus

Kronosaurus

Tylosaurus

Dolichorhynchops

Cryptoclidus

Mosasaurus

Liopleurodon

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157671169222185/with/23960236081/

Reptilia

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 01, 2018, 10:12:41 AM
..while a lot of people on DTF seem to be enthusiastic for the new Jurassic World toys by Mattel (and frankly I don't understand why: they are only cheap toys for kids  ??? ), it's time for a "recap"...

Well, most of other brands' stuff looks far cheaper, to be honest. Think of older Safaris and Collectas for example, not to mention 95% of currently available Schleich products. At least Mattel toys are screen accurate. And then there's the nostalgia factor playing in, many people started collecting plastic dinosaurs with JP toys.

Shonisaurus

By the way Robin you have a very cool collection of prehistoric marine dinosaurs, I see that you have the tylosaurus of Geoworld is one of the figures of marine prehistoric animals that I lack in my collection, do you buy that figure? and Does it look better physically than in photography?

I would buy it and I know who over time but Geoworld have bad experiences in terms of their collectibles, the only ones I have that I think are acceptable is the caudipteryx and the stygimoloch. That is why I ask you.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 01, 2018, 10:50:09 PM
By the way Robin you have a very cool collection of prehistoric marine dinosaurs, I see that you have the tylosaurus of Geoworld is one of the figures of marine prehistoric animals that I lack in my collection, do you buy that figure? and Does it look better physically than in photography?

I would buy it and I know who over time but Geoworld have bad experiences in terms of their collectibles, the only ones I have that I think are acceptable is the caudipteryx and the stygimoloch. That is why I ask you.

Last year I added the Geoworld Tylosaurus to an Amazon order just to have a free shipping.
It's not a good figure.
I can't suggest it to you.
It depends on you but, for sure, it's NOT a must-have...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Reptilia on May 01, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

At least Mattel toys are screen accurate-

...well, DinoDream figures are screen accurate, old Sideshow and Chronicle Collectibles are, even Papo and Rebor are more screen accurate and lifelike than Mattel or Hasbro..

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Screen Accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTe2pKlY96s

Movie

(cheap) Toys

My point of view  ;)
(..and I don't collect JP/JW figures)

p.s Sorry for the off-topic  :-[

Shonisaurus

I know they are very demanded figures by toy dinosaur collectors and enthusiasts of the Jurassic Park movie saga, but I agree with you Robin I am not a fan of collecting Jurassic Park figures either and it is a mistake on my part as a collector. There are pretty nice figures, but I prefer to keep my money in more traditional companies.  ;)

Faelrin

I know this is off topic really, but I do want to share my thoughts on this particular. I'm excited about, and collecting the Mattel JW figures because they are near film accurate sculpts (having some sort of scale) for the price (paint work is simplified or a little bit off in some cases though, not that it bothers me much, because these are cheap toys after all). Not like I'll ever be able to afford Chronicle Collectibles' statues either, and as nice as Papo's are, they don't have any sense of scale for the most part. It is also going to be nice to be able to put together a collection of most of the film's creatures for the first time in years, with some sort of consistency to them. Also it's nostalgic for me since I did grow up playing with the Kenner TLW and Hasbro JPIII toys as a kid. I do however respect that these are not going to be for everyone, because they are cheap toys, and specifically JP/JW's take on these creatures. Not everyone collects the same things after all.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Patrx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 02, 2018, 08:28:22 AM
Movie

Minor point of clarification, that screenshot has been altered to replace the original rex with the rather more cartoonish JW model - here's the original screenshot:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: