You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

(prehistoric mammals need more love from DTF  ;) ):

Glyptotherium (1:10) by Sean Cooper  / Painted by Michael Kampa

(pictures credits @ Michael Kampa)

Full Album here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157690344829252/page1

:)

RobinGoodfellow

..sometimes a strange guy appears in my thread.. and probably it's time for a Strange parade too..  ;)

>:D  >:D  >:D   ;D

PhilSauria

Some fabulous figures there!!

I do turn green with envy whenever I someone has gotten hold of one of those Mattel Plesiosaurs!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 15, 2019, 09:48:44 PM
Some fabulous figures there!!

I do turn green with envy whenever I someone has gotten hold of one of those Mattel Plesiosaurs!

I really don't understand why Mattel' distribution is so crazy.
In my Country it's hard to find the big Brachio for its real price (without Ebay' scalpers)..  >:(

Mirroraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 06, 2019, 11:08:09 AM
..to be on vacation doesn't mean stop collecting so, while relaxing, I found some interesting pieces I ordered.

First of all a spectacular Sideshow diorama repainted by Martin Garratt: Velociraptor & Protoceratops

Then the M-See 1:15 Quetzalcoatlus (just a pre-order: it will be ready on December)

I also found an interesting but unbranded Mosasaur from China

Thanks to Brett, I ordered two of the new Expo resin figures: Mukawa-Ryu & Deinocheirus

So just some summer thoughts about collecting:

From 2014 to 2018 I almost completed my wish list about "classic" figures.
Nowadays there are few figures I'm still searching.
About pvc ones, the Safari Smilodon cub, PlayVision Platyhystrix and the Safari Missing Links Neanderthal Family.

Also some retrosaurus from Schleich quite easy to find (mainly because they look like dinos from my childhood)

About resins, some Favorite rarities ( probably I'll never find because I'm really bad at Yahoo Japan searching) : Museum Exclusive Mamenchisaurus and Fukuiraptor  /  1:1 Archaeopteryx.

That's all.

( pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4597.0 )

Now the future.

After the big explosion on '80 and '90, Japan lost interest on prehistoric figures: just few expo exclusives once in a year at inflated prices.
Kaiyodo, Colorata, Kanna etc.. are fading away from my radar.
Only Favorite seems to be still interested on dinos..

In the meantime China is growing fast in quality, both for resins and pvc: PNSO, Dinone Studio, M-See, Vitae, Nanmu etc etc
China is my main interest at the time.

What about major brands ?

To be honest, I'm not so happy about last Safari figures.
I know that most of DTF members are from US and love Safari.
Doug Watson is a great artist and his sculpted prototypes are wonderful.
But the final, mass-produced figures have a "toyish" look that doesn't convince me at all (both for details and paint scheme).

On my opinion CollectA is the brand of the year: really great models.
The only negative is the paint scheme (not so natural or realistic).
If they will improve on that, CollectA will be a 10/10.

And Papo?  I really don't know: the "really" new for 2019 figures are starting to be on sale right now (on August  :o  :-X ), 8 months after first announcements.
I can't imagine when the new limited Spino could be really available.. >:D
Are we sure that Papo is in good health ?  ???

I'm  loosing interest about Rebor fast: crude and repetitive 3D texture on models taken from movies without a proper license. 

Bullyland disappeared; same for Battat.
Mojo Fun is just so and so.
Schleich seems to be divided between children and collectors (really good models alongside horrible creations).

Thanks God there is PNSO.

By now a big number of DTF members are focused on Mattel JP/JW: I've few of them but I'm not so interested on the movie-saga and/or action figures in general..

Have a wonderful summer.

^-^  :))  8)

First of all, thank you very much for the beautiful photos and collections of Mr. Robin.
Japanese dinosaur figure lovers have never faded, they still exist and are active, and this group is expanding. There are new artists join in: Asa, the sculptor who loves Ankylosaurus; Yuki Tsukimura, student of Mr. Shinobu Matsumura; Kouhei Futaka, an artist who study with painter Mr. Takahashi Oda. Older generations of artists are retiring, but young people are growing. You can follow them on Twitter to pursue their new work. In terms of large brands, Favorite and Kaiyodo have been continuously introducing new products and are widely welcomed in Japan.
In fact, the biggest problem is that it is difficult for you to buy the works of these artists overseas. Most Japanese dinosaur artists rarely interact with overseas enthusiasts, and the only way to buy their work is Wonder Festival. Kaiyodo and Favorite's new products are always available in limited quantities and are only available in limited locations.  If you are interested in this, you can often browse Yahoo auctions and twitter to get information.

BlueKrono

That Mosasaur appears to be a direct cast of the Sideshow sculpture.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 18, 2019, 01:46:49 PM
That Mosasaur appears to be a direct cast of the Sideshow sculpture.

..well, the Gosnell is clearly "inspired" by Sideshow but it's not a direct cast because the pose is different:

[/img]

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Mirroraptor on October 18, 2019, 07:36:20 AM
First of all, thank you very much for the beautiful photos and collections of Mr. Robin.
Japanese dinosaur figure lovers have never faded, they still exist and are active, and this group is expanding. There are new artists join in: Asa, the sculptor who loves Ankylosaurus; Yuki Tsukimura, student of Mr. Shinobu Matsumura; Kouhei Futaka, an artist who study with painter Mr. Takahashi Oda. Older generations of artists are retiring, but young people are growing. You can follow them on Twitter to pursue their new work. In terms of large brands, Favorite and Kaiyodo have been continuously introducing new products and are widely welcomed in Japan.
In fact, the biggest problem is that it is difficult for you to buy the works of these artists overseas. Most Japanese dinosaur artists rarely interact with overseas enthusiasts, and the only way to buy their work is Wonder Festival. Kaiyodo and Favorite's new products are always available in limited quantities and are only available in limited locations.  If you are interested in this, you can often browse Yahoo auctions and twitter to get information.

It's wonderful to know that new artists are growing.
Unfortunately, for international collectors, it's extremely difficult to buy japanese figures (even the more usual like Favorite or Kaiyodo).
At the same time China is exploding (internationally speaking..).
I love Japan' figures but (due to the trouble buying them) I'm seeing at China now (as other collectors I think..).
It's sad.
Regards
_

Mirroraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 18, 2019, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: Mirroraptor on October 18, 2019, 07:36:20 AM

It's wonderful to know that new artists are growing.
Unfortunately, for international collectors, it's extremely difficult to buy japanese figures (even the more usual like Favorite or Kaiyodo).
At the same time China is exploding (internationally speaking..).
I love Japan' figures but (due to the trouble buying them) I'm seeing at China now (as other collectors I think..).
It's sad.
Regards
_

Yes, Japanese artists need to be more open. At the same time, Chinese artists are heading to the world. Most of them have a very high artistic standard. I have already got many sculptures from China, they are very beautiful!

RobinGoodfellow

On August I found a good offer on Amazon so I bought it.
It took 2 months to arrive  (I received it yesterday) but for 8USD I can wait...

Should I open it ??  ???  ::)  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

..also these 2 resin kits will be at Martin Garratt' studio soon..

Dinone Studio (1:10) Edaphosaurus

Vitali Klatt (1:10) Inostrancevia VS Scutosaurus

RobinGoodfellow

..some new acquisitions on late October..

( Eofauna, CollectA, MojoFun & Schleich )

Shonisaurus

By the way, I think it's an image effect, but the Eofauna deinotherium looks as big as the 2019 Schleich giganotosaurus. Going to the heart of the matter, I am glad that you acquired these three figures.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 26, 2019, 12:25:02 PM
By the way, I think it's an image effect, but the Eofauna deinotherium looks as big as the 2019 Schleich giganotosaurus.

Killekor

Wow, that Deinotheirum is really big! Thanks for the photo!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photo Robin looks immensely deinotherium of Eofauna.

RobinGoodfellow

..a couple of new acquisitions from Japan (thanks to Brett)..

Unfortunately I don't have enough time for my usual still-life photography (and iPad is faster for that purpose).. I'm sorry about that but work comes first..

Shonisaurus

Robin What material are made of that deinocheirus and the other mukawaryu of specific material for tall collectors such as (resin) or is it a toy (PVC)?

postsaurischian

I love the Deinocheirus! Congrats for having it :D .
  There might be a re-issue of it (like the Spinosaurus from the Expo 2016) but you never know.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 31, 2019, 10:32:32 AM
..... What material are ..... deinocheirus and ..... mukawaryu  ..... resin or ..... PVC?

Although it's written nowhwere on the package these models are clearly being made by the Kanna Dinosaur Center.
  Like all their models they're made of resin and therefore highly breakable.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: