You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 06, 2020, 07:18:46 AM
So you put the Tambatitanis on the Protochirotherium base? Looks good!

Now the Protochirotherium' base is a spare part..
I sent my second Protochirotherium to Mr. Garratt for a "garrattization" and he did a new base for the figure:

:)

RobinGoodfellow

Part 7: Medium & Small sized figures

..four more shelves from my new Ikea "Billy" cabinet:

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157714448757972

Shonisaurus

That protochirotherium looks great as a resin figure or statue. Martin Garratt does very good jobs. How much does a repainting and remodeling cost you in your case, for example the Collecta dimorphodon made by Martin Garratt?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 06, 2020, 11:10:38 AM
That protochirotherium looks great as a resin figure or statue. Martin Garratt does very good jobs. How much does a repainting and remodeling cost you in your case, for example the Collecta dimorphodon made by Martin Garratt?
I bought Collecta Dimorphodon repainted by Garratt directly from Urzeitshop.
Sorry but I really don't remember how much I paid for it..

Libraraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 06, 2020, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on June 06, 2020, 07:18:46 AM
So you put the Tambatitanis on the Protochirotherium base? Looks good!

Now the Protochirotherium' base is a spare part..
I sent my second Protochirotherium to Mr. Garratt for a "garrattization" and he did a new base for the figure:

A true work of art for sure!

RobinGoodfellow

Today bad weather in Milan (and bad light too..  :'(  ) so I can't do my "daily collection-cabinets photo session"  :-[

Instead of that I'd like to show my last acquisition before Covid' lock-down:  Suchomimus (1:20) / sculpted by Keith Strasser and assembled/painted by Michael Kampa for Urzeitshop:

Base with water and fishes:

( pictures credits @ Urzeitshop )

Shelf:

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157711516513901

Libraraptor

Top notch figure. I also love how the water and the cross section of the island has been made!

Shonisaurus

That figure of suchimimus is perhaps one of the best sculptures of suchimimus that exist in the market for collectible and resin prehistoric dinosaurs. It is perhaps the best paleoartistic figure of that strange spinosaurid that exists today. It looks great, who could have the collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric resin animals that you have !!!!! It's luxury!

RobinGoodfellow

Today I received this fine art print, a reproduction of "Cretaceous Life of the New Jersey" by Benjamin Waterhouse Hawkins (1877, Oil on Canvas)

I've always loved this aristocratic couple of dinosaurs dancing a noble waltz ..  :))

^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Libraraptor

I´ve always loved those paintings by Benjamin Waterhouse Hawkins. They give me an interesting kind of inspiration for they´re both works of art from those times and show us a different view on prehistoric times.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 09, 2020, 10:23:31 AM
I´ve always loved those paintings by Benjamin Waterhouse Hawkins. They give me an interesting kind of inspiration for they´re both works of art from those times and show us a different view on prehistoric times.

There is also a wondeful book about retro paleo-art from Taschen:

I have it and it's fantastic  8)

RobinGoodfellow

ceratopsian

It does feel a privilege to have a tour of your cabinets!

I particularly like how the elephants are arranged in tiers; and also the "Billy" aquatic shelf.

RobinGoodfellow

It's just my pleasure to have DTF members interested  ^-^

Flaffy

Fantastic display, if only my collections were as organised as yours  ;D

I've wanted to ask, is the Estemmenosuchus a Sean Cooper resin kit? If so, have you noticed any major asymmetries in the face sculpt?
I've been eyeing the model for quite some time now, and I've noticed that the right horn seems to be thicker than the left horn.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Flaffy on June 11, 2020, 05:46:39 PM

I've wanted to ask, is the Estemmenosuchus a Sean Cooper resin kit? If so, have you noticed any major asymmetries in the face sculpt?
I've been eyeing the model for quite some time now, and I've noticed that the right horn seems to be thicker than the left horn.

Yes, it is.
It's not a so big model so you can't notice that on naked eyes.

That's mine:

Flaffy

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 11, 2020, 08:09:18 PM

Yes, it is.

I see, thank you! Urzeitshop's pics are rather blurry, and your expertly photographed pics are of much help, thanks!
Another question, why does your copy have rougher horns compared to the one I posted? Is it because it's from an older batch/run of the kit?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Flaffy on June 12, 2020, 07:15:56 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 11, 2020, 08:09:18 PM

Yes, it is.

I see, thank you! Urzeitshop's pics are rather blurry, and your expertly photographed pics are of much help, thanks!
Another question, why does your copy have rougher horns compared to the one I posted? Is it because it's from an older batch/run of the kit?

As far as I know, the mold is the same.
I think that my model is simply  painted in a different way so horns look different even if they are from the same cast.

Here a different color scheme by Vitali Klatt:

I found this picture on the web; it could be related to Estemmenosuchus  ;D  >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: