You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Nice! As cool as the videos are, I'm more looking forward to your photos, your photos are a just beautiful and so fun to look at.
But I see the appeal of some type of video formats.😃

Duna

I really like the videos. I don't mind them not inserted because I normally go to your album to see the pictures, too.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

On January 2020 the incredible M-See (one of my favorite world' paleoartist) presented his Elasmotherium.
I was really tempted by that wonderful diorama.
Unluckily it was too big at 1:20 for my last cabinets so it was a pass for me...  :'(

After that M-See re-released the diorama at 1:35: I cannot resist  ;)

So here it is:  M-See 1:35 Elasmotherium
                     (painted by Michael Kampa)

Here the VIDEO presentation about M-See diorama: https://flic.kr/p/2m9H2pN

.. I hope you'll like it...

Video Album on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157719482406479/with/51294364208/

:)

_

Nimravus

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 02, 2021, 11:02:45 PM
I found the videos helpful. They give an excellent 3D impression of each model. It's more like seeing something in a physical shop. But I don't want them to replace your photos. I enjoy the artistry of how you play with light, colour and space.
I fully agree with Ceratopsian! I really enjoy this thread due to your amazing photos! But your videos are cool as well! Thanks

ceratopsian

I'm always pleased when a very large model can also be obtained in a smaller scale.  The Elasmotherium is a beautiful piece.

RobinGoodfellow

..in the meantime I realized that my last videos could be a bit boring..  :-\

So I tried to add some cinematic spices to my presentations..

Here it is my new VIDEO for  Sean Cooper (1:10) Machairodus Hunting Pliohippus / Painted by Martin Garratt :

(..please, turn on the audio on your device.. )

https://flic.kr/p/2makER3

Is it better ?   :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157719482406479/with/50727715126/

^-^

Bokisaurus

Well, that woke me up!🤣 definitely adds a sense of thrill and anticipation and worked perfectly with the subject.
If you're going to do more mini video, yeah, add soundtrack to make it really pop and grab the attention.😃

ceratopsian

This video was much less clinical.  I liked the richness of the blue "sky" and the effect of cutting in to focus on one particular part of the diorama and then drawing back again.  The music also added to the effect very well.  I experienced a bit of buffering, but not too bad!

And of course it is a wonderful model - I particularly enjoyed the close-up of the underside of Machairodus's paw - such beautiful detail.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

..I've always been curious about Recur Velociraptor ( Recur called it "Velocisaurus"  ::) ).

It's a really big vinyl soft model.
For sure it's not accurate but also it's extremely eye-catching on the shelf (due to its gigantic size, of course) ..  ;D

Here it is:

H-Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157668224836602/with/51322530520/

Shonisaurus

Nice figure, I always thought that the velociraptor shown from Recur was excessively large and I did not buy it at the time, I see that I was not wrong. Thanks for sharing and my congratulations on your new acquisition.

Bokisaurus

It's an interesting figure that I actually saw in person once but didn't get it due to the price and size🤣

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 20, 2021, 04:41:25 PM
It's an interesting figure that I actually saw in person once but didn't get it due to the price and size🤣

About size, yes, it's big..
I found it discounted on Amazon Italy so I ordered.
It's more a toy than a model so it will stay over my cabinets, in the JP/JW section.  ;)
( B @Bokisaurus )  I really, really liked your review about PNSO Wilson: finally something new, positive and different from usual reviews. Congratulations  ^-^

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As usual, August it's time for some vacations here.
This year was quite hard so I think everyone deserves some rest.  O:-)
Next week I'll go to my beloved Sardegna (Sardinia).  8)

We will see again in September.

In the meantime I did some reservations.
The main one was from Urzeitshop:  1:10 Arctodus (Short Faced Bear) vs. Clovis Hunter diorama / sculpted by Shane Foulkes and painted by Martin Garratt.
I'll see it in September when I'll go back home..
Here a preview:

It will greatly stand near M-See Elasmotherium:

Kind Regards to all of you..
RG
:))  ^-^

_

Bread

I am not really into Prehistoric mammals, but man those models look gorgeous! Especially Elasmotherium! Congratulations Robin, again some lovely photos.

ceratopsian

It will display well with the Elasmotherium.  Enjoy Sardinia!

Shonisaurus

In my case I really like prehistoric mammals almost as much as dinosaurs, the arctodus simus is a spectacular prehistoric bear, as tall as a basketball court. Magnificent figures. My congratulations, Robin.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Have a great time on Sardinia! Hopefully there is not as extreme Weather as in the Rest of central Europe right now.

I am also not that much into Mammals, but a great Photograph can still look wonderful. I love the looks of the Elasmotherium. Exactly what i love about small Diorama bases. It has a life like Atmosphere. Lovely.

I wonder, if you ever considered to do outdoor Shots with Figures (Or new ones). There are a lot of People that do such things, but with different approaches and styles. I wonder, what it would look like, if you did some. But i could absolutely understand, if that is nothing you would want to do. I am just curious.

RobinGoodfellow

..well, in my photography I like to have a full control about lights and it's simply too time-consuming on outdoor ..

Thanks to all of you.
We will see soon..

Regards
^-^

Bokisaurus

Well good for you, have a fantastic, relaxing  and safe vacation! Do post photos of the place when you get back😃

And thank you, glad you enjoyed the Wilson review 😃

RobinGoodfellow

..too much time is passed from my last post here..  :-[

I was really busy with work and now I am currently busy renovating my home so..  no time for new pictures..
Despite of that I have tons of new figures to show on this thread.
We will see..

By now, just two unusual flying reptiles I recently bought.

The first one is Hamipterus tianshanensis .
It's from an unknown brand from China:

To be honest, I think it could be an Hamipterus from these pictures by chinese artist Chuang Zhao (the figure has not an official name..):

The second one is Kepodactylus (1:10).
It's sculpted by Han Xiao (Black Horse Studio) and painted by Michael Kampa, from my beloved Urzeitshop web-store:

What do you think?

See you soon  ^-^

Halichoeres

The Kepodactylus is really nice.

I've seen the mystery pterosaur on AliExpress but I hesitated because it seemed to be mixed in with a lot of knockoffs. But it does seem to be an original figure, even if it might owe some of its design elements to Zhao's artwork.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: