You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on May 18, 2016, 06:22:24 PM
Excellent photography!

The Bully Lio is kinda cute, I might pick it up after all. Does that Resurus Trike has scratches over its eyes? That's a nice deatil I didn't know about!

Yes, there are T-Rex scratches over the left eye.  8)

Takama

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2016, 10:24:53 AM
..for the Recur Fans on DTF: The Majungasaurus

What do you think about ?

Info & Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157668224836602/with/26994537982/

:)

I think this look good. only flaw has to be the arms.   It looks better then some of Recurs other products, but remember there a young company whos trying to find a way to sell there products.   

Flaffy

I really do hope Recur survives. They seem to have potential, but they're just not showing it yet. 

Patrx

Unfortunately, I think it looks an inferior duplicate of the Papo Carnotaurus.

RobinGoodfellow

Commercially speaking, every company creates a product with a target/buyer in mind.
Simply Recur thinks: dinosaurs=young children.
There's nothing wrong about that. Probably it will work (commercially).
Recur products have hollow bodies made with soft, sqeezable plastic: that's perfect for babies.
Even the crude , goofy and even bizarre look of the dinos tells that these products are for children (and not for collectors).
If a collector likes the Recur prehistoric line, nothing wrong about that too..
I don't.
And now the price is really too high for a chinasaur...
If a collector wants accurate dino-figures, has to go elsewhere.
But that's only my point of view.

Viking Spawn

I just love how your collection grows.  I did get a chuckle out of the zoo keeper feeding carrots to the Papo Kaprosuchus.  I have a hunch that the next sequence of events we would see him missing an arm!   >:D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Viking Spawn on May 19, 2016, 12:21:19 PM
I just love how your collection grows.  I did get a chuckle out of the zoo keeper feeding carrots to the Papo Kaprosuchus.  I have a hunch that the next sequence of events we would see him missing an arm!   >:D

..eheehehhh... probably you're right!  ;D

Jetoar

Really  wonderful images  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Archinto

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2016, 04:53:22 PM
..last two new acquisitions: Toyway ReSaurus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656678163174

That's all for today..  ;)

See you soon.

Your protoceratops is definitely a brighter coloring than the one I have even though they are from the same release of figures. Very interesting. I wonder if this was a difference between the beginning and end of that particular release.

Its also interesting to see how much the paint jobo nthe triceratops differes from the Resaurus one too. A lot brighter :) Very nice figures. They are great arent they?

The protoceratops proportions seem kinda strange to me, as it looks more like a large ceratopsian than a protoceratops being they reused the trike/styraco body.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on May 20, 2016, 08:56:00 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2016, 04:53:22 PM
..last two new acquisitions: Toyway ReSaurus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656678163174

That's all for today..  ;)

See you soon.

The protoceratops proportions seem kinda strange to me, as it looks more like a large ceratopsian than a protoceratops being they reused the trike/styraco body.

Yes, you're absolutely right: same body, different head. Not accurate but a great looking action toy..  :)

RobinGoodfellow

...well, I made a decision.. and PNSO Euhelopus & Lufengosaurus will be in my collection soon...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

As you know, now the Safari Carnegie Museum Collection has been discontinued.
Here a little tribute to its great figures ( the last ones/more recent ):

Carnegie figures are still quite easy to find.
When definitively gone, it will be a great loss for collectors.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652801410011

joossa

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2016, 02:30:07 PM

Kapro looks ferocious but he's not: he's really a gentle guy....  ;D

Absolutely love that!  :D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

i love your Triceratops collection!  That huge one is IMPRESSIVE!!!

RobinGoodfellow

DinostoreUs  ( Favorite ) 1:35 Amargasaurus

..and a welcome from old friends..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665575729533/with/27331974055/

Archinto

That Amargasaurus is absolutely stunning! I love the colors on it. Ive always envisioned the spines as being webbed, butthis model is a great representation of non webbed interpretation. Ver beautiful. Congratulations :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks. It's a lucky find because it's discontinued...  :)

RobinGoodfellow

An hand-made figure by DTF member Archinto:  Sphenacodon

Archinto

Wow dang.... the figure looks completely different under your skillful photography! Im happy you like him i miss the lil bugger already haha! Thank you so much for adding one of my custom art pieces to your awesome collection!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: