You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

I always thought that translucent wave base was very handsome, but mine is just the resin elasmosaur with no base. Think I paid ~$20 though. I'm notoriously cheap.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 12, 2017, 06:44:48 PM
I always thought that translucent wave base was very handsome, but mine is just the resin elasmosaur with no base. Think I paid ~$20 though. I'm notoriously cheap.

I'd like to see some pictures of your resin figure.

RobinGoodfellow

My Prehistoric, Ancient, Extant Fish (and "fishapod") Album:

More info & Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157676690103994/with/17343116899/

:)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 12, 2017, 05:56:47 PM
I found the kit in France through Ebay.
It's on the way to England now.
Probably it will be ready in a month and a half.
I just can't wait....  ^-^

p.s. The swan-like neck is outdated (I know..) but the model looks great..  8)

..just some examples taken from the web:

Lovely model, I used to have it, but I got so frustrated trying to assemble it ( i'm not good at kits so I really don't get them) that I gave it away.
I do have the resin one pictured above... oh wait, is that mine on the photo? ;D
I can't wait to see the assembles and painted model, I'm sure it will be super breathtaking !

BlueKrono

Robin - I love the fish! What are the two ivory colored ones?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 14, 2017, 08:28:58 PM
I do believe you're referring to the Stethacanthus and Hybodus by Nekoworks.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on February 14, 2017, 08:28:58 PM
I do believe you're referring to the Stethacanthus and Hybodus by Nekoworks.

Totally right.

They will be colored soon..

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 14, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 12, 2017, 05:56:47 PM
I found the kit in France through Ebay.
It's on the way to England now.
Probably it will be ready in a month and a half.
I just can't wait....  ^-^

p.s. The swan-like neck is outdated (I know..) but the model looks great..  8)

..just some examples taken from the web:

Lovely model, I used to have it, but I got so frustrated trying to assemble it ( i'm not good at kits so I really don't get them) that I gave it away.
I do have the resin one pictured above... oh wait, is that mine on the photo? ;D
I can't wait to see the assembles and painted model, I'm sure it will be super breathtaking !

The very first time I saw the figure was in your review on the Blog ( http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/01/10/elasmosaurus-horizon/ ).
In the beginning I tried to find the resin version on the web without success.
Then I found the vinyl one so I decided to go for it.
My skills about assembling and painting a kit are none...
I know that Mr. Garratt will do his magic about that.

Regards

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite VS Favorite: Softmodel series 1 VS Softmodel series 2

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

SERIES 1

SERIES 2

Series 1:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157673559481572
Series 2:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157676886231603/with/16183097453/

RobinGoodfellow

..a collector's classic: Walking with Dinosaurs figures by Toyway..

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658156595529/with/25439392396/

Shonisaurus

Sorry for the indiscretion Robin but I get the impression that you must have one of the best collections of toy dinosaurs in the world. You also have resin figures like Favorite.

I am astonished of your collection, you have a capital in figures. Congratulations, you are a most fortunate person.

By the way and I know from experience because I have it and also see in your photos the tyrannosaurus of ToyWay has many flaws among other sustainability and on the other that by any accidental fall has a multitude of abrasions  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2017, 07:13:36 PM
Sorry for the indiscretion Robin but I get the impression that you must have one of the best collections of toy dinosaurs in the world. You also have resin figures like Favorite.

I am astonished of your collection, you have a capital in figures. Congratulations, you are a most fortunate person.

By the way and I know from experience because I have it and also see in your photos the tyrannosaurus of ToyWay has many flaws among other sustainability and on the other that by any accidental fall has a multitude of abrasions  :)

Thank you for your kind words.
Probably the great Postsaurischian has the best collection on DTF...

Usually I try to add to my collection only figures in good conditions, without wear's issues.
The WWD Rex is an exception.
I got it with a dino-bundle on Ebay (probably with the WWD Postosuchus, I don't remember..).
Honestly I don't like that Rex very much so I didn't try to find a better one.
Just to complete my WWD collection..
Regards
^-^

Silvanusaurus

Is it just me, or is the WWD rex the ugly duckling of the line? It's always looked of much lesser quality than the rest to me.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 16, 2017, 08:21:29 PM
Is it just me, or is the WWD rex the ugly duckling of the line? It's always looked of much lesser quality than the rest to me.

Totally agree with you.
It's the worst figure from that line.

RobinGoodfellow

Troodon (1:10) by David Krentz / painted by Vitali Klatt (for Urzeitshop):

( pictures by Urzeitshop/Vitali Klatt )

..in my collection soon..

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157680217695285/with/32931122021/

Archinto

That is an incredible looking Troodon! The build and paintup is wonderfully done, and very realistic looking! Congrats on adding such a fine model to your collection! :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

ceratopsian

The Troodon is very special.  I love those sober browns which still incorporate so much variation in colour.  A beautiful acquisition.

RobinGoodfellow

Thank you.
I'm falling in love with this figure...  ::)
I just can't wait to have it in my hands.
^-^

Silvanusaurus

So beautiful... I wish more theropod figures were made to look as placid and elegant as this Troodon.

Derek.McManus

It's a very elegant sculpt and the subtle and realistic paint job makes it look both natural and alive, it's a wonderful representation of this creature it has the air of a moment frozen or captured in time!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: