You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uncle Rex on February 05, 2017, 11:29:02 AM
Thank you for the very interesting comparison study and great photos. Can you please identify the companies that produced the Giganotosaurus models?

You can find all the info you're searching for on my Flickr Album (just clicking on the picture you're interested about):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660731574677/page2
:)

RobinGoodfellow

..some more comparisons..

Carnotaurus:

Deinonychus:

Troodon:

Gallimimus:

Deinocheirus:

Liliensternus:

Laellynasaura:

Full Flickr Album & Info:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660731574677/page1

suspsy

What line is that feathered Tarbosaurus from?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Uncle Rex

Thanks Robin. I am really enjoying looking through your Flickr album. Photography is crystal clear. Very helpful information for a new collector.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uncle Rex on February 05, 2017, 09:34:06 PM
Thanks Robin. I am really enjoying looking through your Flickr album. Photography is crystal clear. Very helpful information for a new collector.

You're welcome and thank you for watching.
My full collection is available here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157650140713189/

RobinGoodfellow

Megafauna need more love...  ;)

Megatherium parade:

Coelodonta parade:

Hyaenodon parade:

Entelodon parade:

..and Megaloceros parade:

More info about figures on my Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660163862768/page1

Libraraptor

So many great prehistoric mammal figures!

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite Desktop Model Triceratops Prorsus ( 1:40 ):

Favorite Dinostoreus Triceratops Horridus (1:35) vs Favorite Desktop Model Triceratops Prorsus (1:40):

..with Michael Trcic running Triceratops:

..and with the Kaiyodo Megasofubi Triceratops by Matsumura Shinobu:

Info & Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157680217695285/with/31996806754/

Or:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663485444985/with/27649115163/

p.s. New light setting for my home studio; I hope you like it...  :)

Simon

Beautiful photos, that's my favorite Triceratops sculpt, but its closer to 1:35 scale ... by my measurements

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Simon on February 11, 2017, 05:00:11 PM
Beautiful photos, that's my favorite Triceratops sculpt, but its closer to 1:35 scale ... by my measurements

Yes, you are right. It's closer to 1:35 than 1:40..

Georassic

Your collection is astounding in both quantity and quality. My compliments!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Georassic on February 11, 2017, 06:44:56 PM
Your collection is astounding in both quantity and quality. My compliments!

Thank you, you're welcome.  ^-^

Fenestra

Everytime I see that  Trcic running Triceratops, it makes my heart skip a beat.
I love that pose.
Hopefully I can afford one this year when I get some extra money to spend in May.  8)

The Carnotaurus Desktop model would be a real gem with a pretty new coat of paint I think.
I do like it a lot and held it in my hands a few times, but somehow that paintjob always makes me put it back on the shelf again.  :-\

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Fenestra on February 11, 2017, 07:10:28 PM
Everytime I see that  Trcic running Triceratops, it makes my heart skip a beat.
I love that pose.
Hopefully I can afford one this year when I get some extra money to spend in May.  8)

The Carnotaurus Desktop model would be a real gem with a pretty new coat of paint I think.
I do like it a lot and held it in my hands a few times, but somehow that paintjob always makes me put it back on the shelf again.  :-\

You are very lucky if you can see figures with your eyes before buying or not.
In my country only Schleich figures are easily available in real shops.
Practically I bought my entire collection online hoping that a review I saw was real...  ::)
Every time I do an order, I hope I'm buying something that worth the cost.  O:-)

About Trcic Triceratops, it's an impressive model: thumbs up  8)
If you'll buy it online, please keep attention on packaging because it's quite fragile because of the only-one-leg-to-the-base  pose..   ::)

Fenestra

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 11, 2017, 07:39:35 PM

You are very lucky if you can see figures with your eyes before buying or not.
Practically I bought my entire collection online hoping that a review I saw was real...  ::)
Every time I do an order, I hope I'm buying something that worth the cost.  O:-)

Yeah, buying online is always a gamble. I hate it as well.
It normally takes me at least 2 months of research on the internet, before I'm buying a figure I have not seen in real life. 
Just to make sure that a picture I saw is actually of a figure. Is it that nice? (Too often it's just someones beautiful repaint and custom job posted on the internet.)
And then the research: Is it the right size? Does it fit into my collection? Is it of a good quality? Is it original? Is the person selling it trustworthy?
Ah well... after all that hard work at least I feel it's money well spend.  ;D

The running Triceratops is in a shop I visited a few months ago. I was flabbergasted.
So it would be a pick up.
...hopefully it's still there when I do have the cash...

RobinGoodfellow

Mr. Martin Garratt will do his magic soon about this...  ;)

..stay tuned..

Archinto

I am sure it will be gorgeous! I have always liked the look of the Horizon kits, and good that you got an original, because I heard the recast ones are not so great of quality. It will be interesting to see how he paints it and bases it.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

I found the kit in France through Ebay.
It's on the way to England now.
Probably it will be ready in a month and a half.
I just can't wait....  ^-^

p.s. The swan-like neck is outdated (I know..) but the model looks great..  8)

..just some examples taken from the web:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: